Which is better booking online or on the phone?

I haven’t booked a reg room in a few yrs, but I’m looking at POP for one night. I thought at one time depending on how your booked, the rules to cancel were different, does anyone know?

We have done both. I would rather do it on the phone. It becomes more personal when you talk to a person and you can explain any special requests. They also have on record how many visits you have made to WDW. In 7 days we will be making our 52nd stay at Disney Resorts. Beside, my wife does it on the phone so I don’t have to bother.
Joe

I prefer to do it online, but thats just me. I like to be able to print everything out and have a record on paper, in my hands. I’m not sure about the rules to cancel though. .

I would always rather talk to a person.

TERMINATOR 4comes out this year:laugh::laugh:
I would always prefer to talk to a real person:heart::laugh::phone::phone:it’s good to talk

I always call to book but that’s mainly because I can’t get the current discounts online and of course I enjoy talking to actual CM’s! :mickey:

As far as printing everything, you can do that when you book on the phone too. They send a copy of everything to your email.

I normally book online unless I have a specific question about something. I like that I can print everything as confirmation right away.

I haven’t tried to book online in a while… I stopped because when I tried to find a hotel, it would tell me nothing was available. Then I would call and they’d tell me they had availability at my first choice! :blink: Maybe they have since fixed this problem…

I check prices online but always call to talk to real person… prefer the customer service…and they can help me out better and offer advice if I need it.

In the end, you’re better off booking on the phone.
If you make your reservations on line, it’s almost impossible to modify them.
That means adding a day to an existing reservation, subtracting a day to an existing reservation, adding the dining plan, etc pretty much can’t be done, or undone without speaking to a human and if you made your reservation on line, even the human will have major problems doing what you need.

I pretty much do the same thing, although there have been a few times I’ve booked on line, but it was really close to my arrival and only for adding a day or an overnight visit.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;959798]In the end, you’re better off booking on the phone.
If you make your reservations on line, it’s almost impossible to modify them.
That means adding a day to an existing reservation, subtracting a day to an existing reservation, adding the dining plan, etc pretty much can’t be done, or undone without speaking to a human and if you made your reservation on line, even the human will have major problems doing what you need.

I pretty much do the same thing, although there have been a few times I’ve booked on line, but it was really close to my arrival and only for adding a day or an overnight visit.[/QUOTE]

This was just for one night. We are starting our trip on a Sunday and while looking at airfare, I noticed the Saturday afternoon flights were cheaper than the Sunday morning flights. Enough of a difference for a night at a value. So the idea was get to the hotel about 7 pm and do nothing. Pack what we need in our carry on bags so we won’t unpack, early next morning check out and go to the parks. That way we have a full day and DH won’t be dragging from getting up at 3 am. But all this depends are airfare on SW and they won’t be out for a while, that’s why I was wondering about the canceling rules.

I just called and booked the room. With AAA discount it was 69 + tax for the one night. Maybe an AP discount will come along. I know only one discount at a time can be used, but usually AP discounts are better. I can cancel up to 5 days ahead.

Sounds like a great plan, jo-jo!

I always check online and book on the phone. You can always ask the person on the phone what the best current deals are, online you get a set price. We’ve saved a lot of $$ this way. Hope that helps.

Same rules apply regardless of how you book it, so I prefer to do it online. If I had questions extra, I would do it over the phone, but I always know exactly what I want and don’t have questions.

Dana, we’ve had more than one instance where the online price was more than the quote on the phone, so we have saved $ in the past. They don’t always give current specials online, you have to call to get them. Plus, sometimes there are coupons attached to your phone number or email (we just recently received a 40% moderates) which was not available online. I think it’s worth a phone call. Just my opinion.