Which is better, Mama Melrose or Tony's?

I want to try either Mama Melrose or Tony’s, I want the Chicken Parm! My birthday was in Sept and my family usually lets the birthday person pick a place to go to dinner around home, well I said I want to pick a place in Disney in Nov during our trip, so its going to be one of the two.

Any comments are welcome, I would love to hear how good the food is, what the sauce is like, (gravy if you are Italian), tell all!!!

Momma’s is my favorite WDW place to eat. I just love it there. It’s relaxed and the food is good. The service is a bit slow, so don’t get there if you are in a rush. I can’t eat those huge servings fast anyway…totally friendly place. I have never tried tony’s. The reviews are to hit and miss for me to want to go there.

I remember being at MGM once with the kids, in the middle of a huge rainstorm, and we rolled into Mama’s and asked them if we could come in for some snacks. The place was pretty empty because of the rain, so we had a nice big table and we stayed in there for over an hour until the rain stopped. The food was really BIG!

Our experiences with both were less than stellar.

The food was good at Mama’s, but the service was slow and unattentive. We found ourselves flagging down any passing servers when they forget to bring out bread, for drink refills, etc, etc. We haven’t been back since.

We loved Tony’s for breakfast, but never tried dinner until our last trip without the kids. My wife and I loved the atmosphere and the service was above average even by Disney standards. It was the food that was lacking for us. The food was average at best.

If I had to choose, I’d give Mama’s a try again.

As always with these opinion questions, your mileage may vary.

I prefer MM but Tony’s is also very good.

The bruchetta and chichen parma at Mama’s is heaven!

In my opinion,the atmosphere is great at both but you can’t eat atmosphere! Being Italian,I usually avoid Italian food when we eat at restaurants.As long as you know this is “Olive Garden” Italian food and not your “gravy”,you won’t be too disappointed.That being said, it is edible,so Mangia!

We have reservations at Tony’s for November 13. I wanted Liberty Tree but it was full. I haven’t heard very good things about Tony’s lately but I love Olive Garden so maybe it will turn out just fine!:goofybounce:

I love Tony’s. When we were there last Dec, the service was excellent and the food was outstanding!! We’re going back again this December.

It looks like we may end up at Tony’s, provided we get a ressie, my 5 yr old nephew would have a better selection at Tony’s, according to my sister.

[QUOTE=Mickey Maniac;889224]I want to try either Mama Melrose or Tony’s, I want the Chicken Parm! My birthday was in Sept and my family usually lets the birthday person pick a place to go to dinner around home, well I said I want to pick a place in Disney in Nov during our trip, so its going to be one of the two.

Any comments are welcome, I would love to hear how good the food is, what the sauce is like, (gravy if you are Italian), tell all!!![/QUOTE]

If there is someone in your group with a food allergy, Tony’s is #1. In my opinion, Chef Gina walks on water!!! If not, then Momma Melrose is the place for you.

Well we don’t have allergies, so thats a plus, honestly I just want Chicken Parm someplace in Disney a sit down, I had it one year over in The Land, it was decent, for fast food, but I want to sit down and relax.

It is looking like Tony’s as of now…

I think you made the right choice. Especially with small children being there, the Lady and the Tramp theme at Tony’s is better for kids. Each time we’ve been there, the food has been, if not spectacular, at least very tasty.

We’ve never tried Mama’s - it’s on my list to try this trip.

We’ve only eaten at Tony’s once - I was leary of it because of the hit and miss reviews - but we really liked it - maybe because I don’t like overly-spicy Italian food and I was in the mood for just plain spaghetti and meatballs - and of course, who can’t love Lady & The Tramp. But boy! was it noisy!!:pinch:

Thanks for all of your help and comments, we did book Tony’s, not for a dinner but for a 2:30 lunch, that is all they had, but it is ok, I am still getting the Chicken Parm!

If the weather is nice, ask to sit outside. You could have a great view of the 3:00 parade.

Thanks!! Sounds good to me, I never thought about the parade.

Um…can I vote for neither?
Tony’s was eh and Momma’s was just OK for us. It’s not “great” Italian at either place. Tony’s did have a really great atmosphere.

We use to like Tony’s for breakfast but they stop serving that. We rather eat at Mama Melrose’s for lunch or dinner than at Tony’s