Which Moderate?

I’m looking at a quick trip with a couple of friends in September. We want to save some money and stay at a moderate resort. I have stayed at Cornado and CB, but I’m looking for some opinions. Which moderate has the best transportation, most comfortable beds, ect?

I always pick POFQ when posed this question. It’s the smallest of the moderates and everything is close to the main areas making a hard location seriously unlikely. The service has always been exceptional and personal for me at this resort as well. My DD and I are going on our fourth stay there this August and that says a lot. It takes me a year to afford these trips and I most definately wouldn’t be spending my hard earned/saved money on a place that wasn’t good. Another point in favor of this resort is that every single room has been recently (last few months) redone. A side not to also consider is the transportation. You sometimes share with POR and are the first to be picked up and dropped off on that loop. Same with the boat transportation to DTD.

If “beds” are a factor, you will only find “King” beds at CBR and CSR. If two double beds per room are okay with you, then you cannot go wrong with either POFQ or POR. Both are fantastic resorts!

Until the other mods finish whatever updates they have scheduled and all rooms are given 2 queens or 1 king, based on beds alone it’s still CSR.

I would go with POFQ. I’ve stayed there, and I like it for the size of the resort, the pool, the access to facilities at POR, and good bus service. Check out the updated rooms online.

I chose POFQ. I love the quaint feel of the resort. Everything is close, so you can quickly get to the bus stop, pool, or food court. As for the beds, there are rooms with king beds. I think they cost a bit more than a double room.

I’d recommend CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price (they also have suites).

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous.

CSR has a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.

CSR has the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don’t have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are great to have in this area as well.

CSR has terrific transportation that is not shared with another resort.

They also have King beds as well… I have one booked for this coming weekend. It was only an extra $12 a night for the King bed.

I know I’m in the minority but we LOVE CBR. Yes it is a large resort but we love the theme of the resort and out of 3 stays there we’ve never had a bad experience. Stayed at POFQ 2x and one time was fabulous and one time was horrible. Stayed at POR once and it was okay but just not CBR for us. I’m pretty sure POFQ will win and you can’t go wrong with it we just had REALLY HORRIBLE mousekeeping for a week and it did us in.

I have stayed at all 3, and while POFQ was my personal favorite (from a design perspective)… given the chance, I would stay at any of the 3 in a heartbeat… and be thrilled to be there. It is a hard choice, but you cannot go wrong with the choice… Have fun planning!

Love POFQ, but it’s POR by a nose for me, simply for the Wednesday-Saturday entertainment provided at the River Roost. It’s almost like having a nightclub on site, which is a great option when the parks close early, and you don’t feel like venturing to DTD or Boardwalk.

I chose POFQ. It’s been a looong time since we’ve stayed elsewhere. My in laws have stayed at several others on site and came back to POFQ and have for the past 6+ yrs. It’s quaint, quiet, great staff, great pool, 1st on/off for the POFQ/POR bus. The in laws and 3 of our kids are going in June. This will be stay #7 or 8 I think for the in laws. The kids can’t wait. When they hear WDW trip they automatically start talking about POFQ and the pool. For us it’s hand in hand w/ WDW. At least until we can afford to take 5 kids and 2 adults to Poly. :laugh:

CSR is OK, though the food court there is not for everyone. But our hands down favorite mod is CBR. The whole feel of the place screams vacation for us.

-Harry

POFQ also has live entertainment in their bar area.

Cornado is sold out for the week are planning to go, so now it is down to the other three. Leaning towards Riverside or French Quarter.

We have stayed at CBR twice and enjoyed it both times, we enjoyed the ambiance and the food court fit our needs. We definitely had a better location the second time to be closer to the Old Port Royale and Customs House. This summer we are staying the POR for the first time and have requested a room in either Magnolia Terrace or Oak Mannor and upgraded to a king size bed. I really enjoyed CBR and would go back, but I just wanted to try something different this time.

Sold out? Must be a convention because that place houses TONS of people. Can’t go wrong with either of the PO resorts.

French Quarter is our favorite. Its small and we never had a problem there.

Having only stayed at CBR I can only give an opinion on this resort. Its pretty, clean and VERY big. I would stay again yet if I were staying at one of the mod resorts I would go with one of the Port Orleans resorts. Typically good reviews and the theming seems to offer more “disney magic” then the other mod resorts. Whatever you decide, you can not go wrong… your in WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!

For a mod, we’ve only stayed at CBR and loved every time we’ve been. They are very good at fulfilling room requests and if there is a problem with the room, they have no problem moving you, even upgrading you. The double beds are “ok”, the king is comfy.

Have fun making your decision.