Which of these deluxes would you choose?

We need a vacation. :laugh:

I’ve been comparing prices all afternoon, trying to come up with the best possible deal.

Now, the question is what to book. GF is the most expensive of the options, of course, but it’s the least expensive monorail resort for the time we plan to go (March 12-16). We’ve already stayed there and love it, so we know it’s a good choice. We’ve stayed in the Epcot area before, and the convenience is great. Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club are the next most expensive choices. We’ll have to choose from those eventually, but I’m looking at price range and location at the moment. Then there’s the Wilderness Lodge. It’s in the Magic Kingdom area, which is handy, but not on the monorail loop… never stayed there, but I have dined at Artist Point, and the resort is beautiful. However, it did take a while to catch the water launch from MK. Less expensive is AKL. We would not get a savannah view. I’m not crazy about this option because of the location, but I can’t deny that it’s the best price. Saratoga is also available for even less than AKL, but it’s also in a not-so-convenient location, and we have been spoiled by the monorail.

We plan to go back for my birthday (Thanksgiving) to use up the other six days on our 10-day no expiration pass (:laugh: I compared all of them, and this, of course, is our best deal), and I’d like to stay at a Deluxe then. We’ll be there longer and have more time to enjoy the resort, so I’d like to get on the monorail loop.

Would you choose a not-so-convenient resort now and a monorail resort later? Or go ahead and get the convenient resort and take advantage of off-season rates?

Or would you suggest a moderate? We’ve never stayed at a moderate before. My dad and sister are deluxe snobs, but I wouldn’t mind downgrading if I can go to WDW.

Don’t freak… I am not booking a vacation without my parents’ permission. I’m just trying to extablish my side and know what information to put out there which is where you MBers come in.

Thanks bunches, and so sorry for the long thread!

Oh, and just thought I’d add that the ultimate decision, of course, will be my father’s. :happy:

I voted for BC/YC/BW. Beach Club is our favorite resort, the theme just fits us. WL is a close second, the resort is beautiful and it always feels so relaxing to us.

The only one of my favorites there is the AKL. My other choices would have been the Swan (naturally) and the Contemp.

I voted Grand Floridian, just because we almost booked it for our May trip and so I’m still kind of pining for it. :tongue: BUT - that being said - my vote for “more budget-friendly” would be WL. It’s still super convenient to the MK and TTC, and I personally love the theme. (We would have booked it if they had anything other than a bunk bed room available for our dates.)

I am a GF lover and will always be. I think no matter where you stay, and you have stayed at the GF, you will always compare to the GF. So why not stay at the GF. Confused???

As Epcot lovers, I’d opt for the BC/BW. Both are gorgeous resorts and the walk to Epcot can’t be beat. If you like to swim, I’d go with BC because of Stormalong Bay. Although I have to admit the bus service from BW was about the slowest I’ve encountered at WDW.

What about the Poly or Contemporary?

If you’re considering Saratoga, of course you’ll be able to get a condo, which means a lot more room.

Love the Friendship Launches, Stormalong Bay, Luna Park, the nightlife and the back door to EC. Nothing beats the location, so I chose BW/BC/YC

I voted Beach Club too . . . it is very beautiful there!

Hopefully one day I will get to experience a DELUXE fist hand! :heart:

Surprisingly, the Poly and Contemporary are so much more expensive than the GF that weekend… but that’s comparing apples to oranges, considering the only Contemporary rooms available are MK view. I would love that, but I’m not sure it’s worth the extra cost… I’d like that for my birthday trip. And I don’t know why the Poly is so outrageous…

I just want to add, have you considered renting DVC points for your stay?? It’s a MUCH more affordable way to stay at Deluxe resorts. :happy: Daddy might appreciate that. :laugh:

Ahhh… I knew someone was going to suggest this. I recalled that you can save money that way, but I didn’t know how to go about getting a price quote. Also, we’d just need a studio, and that means sleeper sofa with sissy… :pinch: But I’m up for comparing prices. Want to teach me how to go about doing this? :blush:

What are your dates? I can check Saratoga Springs for you, if you like. Are you checking in March 12th, checking out March 16th? If so, here are the points required for SSR:

3/12 - Thurs - 13 points
3/13 - Fri - 29 points
3/14 - Sat - 29 points
3/15 - Sun - 13 points
TOTAL - 84 points

Most people will rent these points to you for $10 each.

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;925232]What are your dates? I can check Saratoga Springs for you, if you like. Are you checking in March 12th, checking out March 16th? If so, here are the points required for SSR:

3/12 - Thurs - 13 points
3/13 - Fri - 29 points
3/14 - Sat - 29 points
3/15 - Sun - 13 points
TOTAL - 84 points

Most people will rent these points to you for $10 each.[/QUOTE]

Those are the dates. So that’s $840 renting DVC vs. $1248 Expedia. Amazing!!! Can you look up Beach Club? What website are you using, and where can you rent points? I recall visiting a points-for-rent website a few years ago, but I don’t remember the site.

Here are the Beach Club point values per night:

3/12 - Thurs - 14 points
3/13 - Fri - 32 points
3/14 - Sat - 32 points
3/15 - Sun - 14 points
TOTAL - 92 points

Mind you, some people charge more for Beach Club (maybe $11 a point).

If you’re interested in SSR I can check for you (I only have SSR points right now).

aha… I found it! This is absolutely amazing… I never knew how much you could save. :laugh:

Think anyone will be renting out BLT points anytime soon? :laugh: I really want to stay there for my birthday.

I will be. :happy: I am making reservations March 1st. If you’re interested, PM me. It will be more than $10 a point, though. :laugh:

That’s what I voted for. Heavenly!

I chose WL because it is my favorite resort. If you stay there check at front desk and ask to be flag family of the day if you are chosen you get to go on the top of the lodge and put up the flags for the day with Ranger Stan.