Which of these Disneyland DtD restaurants would you recommend?

I haven’t eaten at any of these DtD restaurants in Disneyland & I think I’d like to try something new when my Dad & I go in January. I’ve looked at the menus on Allears and it looks like he’d enjoy them all.

What your input? The good, the bad, & the yummy? :tongue:
Otherwise I think we are going to eat at Storytellers one night & Goofy’s Kitchen another.

PS: I have eaten at the Rainforest Cafe & HoB in WDW but haven’t been there to either in years & never went to the ones in Disneyland. How are they?

Ok… I have never ever been to DL but Im super excited for you to go and take lots and lots of pics so I can see it again and again in your TR but if I were you I would take your dad to Ariels grotto if he has never been only because my DH LOVES LOVES ariel and I know my dad would love it so perhaps you dad would too.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;911737]Ok… I have never ever been to DL but Im super excited for you to go and take lots and lots of pics so I can see it again and again in your TR but if I were you I would take your dad to Ariels grotto if he has never been only because my DH LOVES LOVES ariel and I know my dad would love it so perhaps you dad would too.[/QUOTE]

I did take my Dad to Ariel’s Grotto nearly 3 years ago; he definately thought the food was good & had fun but I almost feel like he was just going to entertain my desire to go there. :laugh: I think he felt a little weird at a Princess dinner with his then 27 year old daughter. :laugh:

We didn’t go to Ariel’s this past trip though so I haven’t been there in a year & 1/2. I do kinda miss it. But trying something new in DtD would also be fun.

:laugh:[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;911739]I did take my Dad to Ariel’s Grotto nearly 3 years ago; he definately thought the food was good & had fun but I almost feel like he was just going to entertain my desire to go there. :laugh: I think he felt a little weird at a Princess dinner with his then 27 year old daughter. :laugh:

We didn’t go to Ariel’s this past trip though so I haven’t been there in a year & 1/2. I do kinda miss it. But trying something new in DtD would also be fun.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Yea… I guess when you put it like that :laugh::laugh: My dad would probally feel strange if it was just us:laugh: Hope someone can chime in for ya. :happy:

I need some advice here :smile: Anyone eaten at any of these restaurants. i called and made PS’s for our 1st two night and I want to pick one for our 3rd night. I think my Dad would like Tortilla Joe’s or HoB but I want to hear some opinions of all of them first.

Thank you. :smile:

You have [B]GOT[/B] to go to Jazz Kitchen…

As atmosphere goes, one of the better casual restaurants… :wub::wub::wub:

Service is usually good, to. :happy:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;913787]I think my Dad would like Tortilla Joe’s or HoB but I want to hear some opinions of all of them first.

Thank you. :smile:[/QUOTE]

Tortilla Joe’s was okay, food wise, but the service was lousy the one time I went… Oversight, probably, and the Manager actually made up for it by personally serving our table and increasing the % of alcohol in the drinky poo!

House of Blues is [B]LOUD[/B]. Not sure how your Dad would go for that time of eatery… I’ve gotten old enough, I suspect, to just avoid it on noise level alone! :laugh:

[QUOTE=Experiment6-2-6;913794]You have [B]GOT[/B] to go to Jazz Kitchen…

As atmosphere goes, one of the better casual restaurants… :wub::wub::wub:

Service is usually good, to. :happy:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I am going to look at the menu on Allears! Thanks! What is good there?

[QUOTE=Experiment6-2-6;913795]Tortilla Joe’s was okay, food wise, but the service was lousy the one time I went… Oversight, probably, and the Manager actually made up for it by personally serving our table and increasing the % of alcohol in the drinky poo!

House of Blues is [B]LOUD[/B]. Not sure how your Dad would go for that time of eatery… I’ve gotten old enough, I suspect, to just avoid it on noise level alone! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Well, I know my Dad would LOVE the food at HoB & this is going to be a Monday evening in late January. I have a feeling it’s not going to be THAT loud 'cause DL Park closes at 8pm and I think we’re going to eat at 5pm so we can at least enjoy a couple hours in the park after dinner. But the same with Orlando, I’ve been to that one around 7-8pm and forget it! :laugh:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;913801]Hmmm, I am going to look at the menu on Allears! Thanks! What is good there?[/QUOTE]

Everything is good there.

Back before Pirates became a movie blockbuster and the Mouse took advantage of it’s fame and fortune to extort huge costs, I used to take the Heir Apparent and his sister to the Blue Bayou. At least once a trip. However, Napa Rose has now replaced this as the “special” meal…

In the end, though, JAZZ KITCHEN is the destination of choice, averaging two to three times a visit. I could fax you the menu… :whistling

I must say that I agree with 626…yes I know…SCARY! Be that as it may, the Jazz Kitchen is by far the best of the options at DTD…although we really liked the Uva Bar too…for Tapas and such. I absolutely hated Tortilla Joe’s…but I’m sort of picky about Mexican food. OK, I’m super picky…so sue me. Anyway…I have always had good luck at Jazz Kitchen and the food is yum!!! We have also enjoyed Naples too:)

My DW and I ate at the Rainforest and HoB, but we liked the Jazz Kitchen the best!

Wow, I can’t believe I’ve always overlooked Jazz Kitchen during all these visits to DL I’ve made. I think I am going to show my Dad the menu to both Jazz Kitchen & HoB and let him decide. I want to give him an option. :tongue:

Jazz Kitchen sounds awesome though, I’ll try & sway him towards that choice! :tongue:

Definitly the Jazz Kitchen, YUMMY!!! We had outstanding service!! We also ate at rainforest, and it was just so-so. Horrible service. Never done HoB, or tortilla Joes, I too am very picky about Mexican and didn’t want to find out!

We like ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe best in DTD. Tortilla Jo’s certainly isn’t the best mexican food I’ve had but I always enjoy it when I go there. We did go to the Jazz Kitchen for the first time recently and really enjoyed it. The food was really good and they had a cool piano player while we were eating. Sometimes hard to get in there on a Fri or Sat nite but in Jan it probably won’t be a problem.

I didn’t like the House of Blues. I do like The Blue Bayou…especially if you don’t come to CA often. It’s pricey but I would recommend it. Make a reservation if you want to go there because they are usually booked up and not taking walk ins.

We have an 8 year old daughter so we love going to Goofy’s Kitchen…If I didn’t have her, I still might go there for the bread pudding.

[QUOTE=evansfmly5;918517]We like ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe best in DTD. Tortilla Jo’s certainly isn’t the best mexican food I’ve had but I always enjoy it when I go there. We did go to the Jazz Kitchen for the first time recently and really enjoyed it. The food was really good and they had a cool piano player while we were eating. Sometimes hard to get in there on a Fri or Sat nite but in Jan it probably won’t be a problem.

I didn’t like the House of Blues. I do like The Blue Bayou…especially if you don’t come to CA often. It’s pricey but I would recommend it. Make a reservation if you want to go there because they are usually booked up and not taking walk ins.

We have an 8 year old daughter so we love going to Goofy’s Kitchen…If I didn’t have her, I still might go there for the bread pudding.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I am taking a Blue Bayou break, I used to love it so much that we’d eat there every time I went to Disneyland. I love the atmosphere & food is good but I am just done with it for awhile.

OH, and we love Goofy’s Kitchen too. I still eat there on every trip. :happy: Although, I was a little dissapointed that last time we were there (in June '08) there was no peanut butter & jelly pizza. :sad: I am 30 years old and still LOVE that stuff! :laugh:

I agree about Blue Bayou…We went on our last trip and probably won’t go again this year. I didn’t have a great Goofy’s Kitchen experience in Dec. Not too many characters and the omelet guy wasn’t the greatest but I’ve had too many good experiences there to speak ill of it. I may skip it in jan but not sure. I say it now but when I get there the bread pudding will call my name. I’ve not tried the peanut butter and jelly pizza yet but my DW says it’s good.