Which option for 2 table service credits & why?

Because of specific plans we have one night of our December trip we will be left with an extra dining credit each. We were thinking about dining at California Grill, which I believe is 2 credits, but are weighing the option of using the 2 table service credits on the Candlelight Processional Dining Package.

Thoughts?

The California Grill used to be special to us because I feel like it was such a unique place to watch the MK fireworks and we loved the food there. But to be honest, if we’re staying at BLT with a MK View room I feel like some of the uniqueness gets lost because of the benefits to our resort location. Yes, perhaps the experience will be excellent, I hope, but maybe not as ‘special.’

We would like to do the Candlelight Processional & Daniel does always prefer to have ‘up close’ seating to shows like this but I would find it a little frustrating to use 2 credits on the Biergarten. Yes, I know now that it includes preferred seating for Illuminations but we don’t even like Illuminations & most likely wouldn’t even stay to watch it. But having the preferred seating to CP would be good.

So, any insight? Special dinner at Cali Grill for 2 credits or Candlelight Processional Dining Package for 2 credits?

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;988775]'We would like to do the Candlelight Processional & Daniel does always prefer to have ‘up close’ seating to shows like this but I would find it a little frustrating to use 2 credits on the Biergarten. Yes, I know now that it includes preferred seating for Illuminations but we don’t even like Illuminations & most likely wouldn’t even stay to watch it. But having the preferred seating to CP would be good.

So, any insight? Special dinner at Cali Grill for 2 credits or Candlelight Processional Dining Package for 2 credits?[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know the CP package at the Biergarten included preferred seating for Illuminations too. I’m going to tuck that info away, hopefully we’ll be able to make another Christmas trip one day.

Seems like youve really answered your own question. You feel using 2 credits on Bierg isn’t worth it and the perk of that plan is PS for Illumnations which you probably won’t stay for. So i’d srap that one and just try for the best seat possible with the rest.
If you don’t feel CG would be as special now why not use those 2 credits someplace else like V&A, Narc’s or a show.

I believe this is the first year that the package is offering that, I suppose it’s a way to justify charging 2 credits instead of one.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;988779]
If you don’t feel CG would be as special now why not use those 2 credits someplace else like V&A, Narc’s or a show.[/QUOTE]

I will have to go look at the list of 2 credit dinner options to refresh my memory. I don’t think Daniel will want to do Cinderella’s Castle, and Artist Point we’re not really interested in right now, & there are too many special events going on during this trip to really appreciate V&A. Ehhh, Jiko, no. I think we got our fill of AKL food last trip with Boma & Sanaa.

Neither of us have ever been to Narcoossee’s. What would some other options be?

Based on what you said, I think you should do CG. I’ve always been set against 2 credit meals (being the bargain vacationer that I am) but since you’ll have the extra one, use it for a place the both of you love.

Just because you’re staying at BLT won’t make your meal any less special.
We’ve stayed MK view club level twice and also eaten upstairs during that stay both times and we were literally two floors below CG.
One thing to consider about fireworks view from BLT. Think about how off axis fireworks are from Cali Grill. Now move that point of view well to the right. You’ll probably be looking straight at the castle, edge on, with the high bursts well off to your right, perhaps bad enough to cause whiplash from looking back and forth.

As for 2 credits for amphitheater seating and dinner at Biergarten, even with reserved viewing for Illuminations, well I’m not so sure. In fact, considering how close to 8:45 the candlelight processional will end, unless the reserved viewing area is on that plaza in front of Italy, you’ll be scrambling to get to it. I don’t know if I’d use two credits for that.
As for the fancy lunch, I believe the only two credit restaurant open at lunch time is Hollywood Brown Derby and I don’t think their lunch menu is worth 2 credits.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;988784]there are too many special events going on during this trip to really appreciate V&A.
Neither of us have ever been to Narcoossee’s. What would some other options be?[/QUOTE]

V&A is not on the dining plan for any amount of credits. I believe the only vacation plan that offers V&A is the current platinum package.
Narcoossee’s is nice and the view of MK fireworks from there is nice as well, even if it is a bit off to the left.

I think if I had 2 credits to blow i’d do Narc’s or the Luau.
Why, Narc’s gives you similar benefits of CG with fireworks, music and good food. Luau, because i’ve never done it there. But that’s me though.

Yeah, I don’t know what we’re going to do. Have to think on this one!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;988787]
As for the fancy lunch, I believe the only two credit restaurant open at lunch time is Hollywood Brown Derby and I don’t think their lunch menu is worth 2 credits.[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry, I don’t think I explained the lunch option properly. I meant use one credit on an early table service lunch one day, at any of our favorite restaurants. THEN, use the other table service credit on a late dinner somewhere.

We usually just eat counter service lunch, so I was suggesting to replace that with a table service.

Although, then that will leave us with an extra counter service. Shouldn’t be a problem though cause we could always grab breakfast at the Contempo Cafe before ME picks us up on the last day.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;988793]I’m sorry, I don’t think I explained the lunch option properly. I meant use one credit on an early table service lunch one day, at any of our favorite restaurants. THEN, use the other table service credit on a late dinner somewhere.

We usually just eat counter service lunch, so I was suggesting to replace that with a table service.

Although, then that will leave us with an extra counter service. Shouldn’t be a problem though cause we could always grab breakfast at the Contempo Cafe before ME picks us up on the last day.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. I think I like this option the best, lol. I’ve been to a few places in WDW that I liked for dinner, but after having lunch there ~ Tony’s is one of these places ~ I LOVED it. But, making 2x table service in one day IS a lot of time, not to mention a lot of food! Perhaps a TS in one of the parks for lunch, then a late dinner at one of resorts?

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;988779]Seems like youve really answered your own question. You feel using 2 credits on Bierg isn’t worth it and the perk of that plan is PS for Illumnations which you probably won’t stay for. So i’d srap that one and just try for the best seat possible with the rest.
If you don’t feel CG would be as special now why not use those 2 credits someplace else like V&A, Narc’s or a show.[/QUOTE]

You can’t use the DDP at V&A.- oops, I guess I should keep reading before I make a comment!! :laugh: Someone got there first!!

I liked Narcossee’s, but I really love California Grill. Plus, it is only a hop skip and a jump from where you are staying. And, you don’t have to worry about getting that perfectly timed ADR since you can go up top at BLT to watch Wishes.

I voted for CG! It was one of our best meals when DH and I went without the kids a few weeks ago!! Narcoossee’s is also very good too!! Can’t go wrong with either and both are super romantic for just the two of you! :wub:

Ok what if I throw a wrench in here and suggest something not on the list at all, like Cinderella’s Royal Table? The ambiance alone is worth the two dining credits. :slight_smile:

And OH MY!! I can not believe you don’t care for Illuminations??!!

I have decided to skip the candlelight processional if it is a 2 credit dining option. It just is not worth the 2 credits. Like you we are not fans of Illuminations so having reserved seating for it is not a plus for us.

And we are going to add in an extra lunch one day also because of the same special event that you have :laugh:

Joe and Greg are going to do a counter service while I am attending that special event.

[QUOTE=bransworld;988914]
Joe and Greg are going to do a counter service while I am attending that special event.[/QUOTE]

haha, well they CERTAINLY are getting the crap end of the stick. :pinch::laugh:

Yes they are… :laugh:

Oh well! Enjoy your hot dogs boys! :laugh: :tongue: