Which option

We can take only two differenet airlines to WDW from here… Leaving Dec 20 through 25

Option 1: Airline A will put us into Orlando Airport at 2:35pm and leaving our plan will leave Orlando Airport at 8:40 am. We can get 5 day passes but did not know if getting to the parks around 5pm would be worth it.

With this option my questions are:
I figured that we would get to our hotel around 4:30 and then would that leave us enough time to hit a park that day?

Option 2:
Airline B will put us in Orlando Airport at 11:15 (leaving home at 5:50am) and leaving Orlando Airport at 6:00 pm

With this option we can get 6 day passes. This airline will be more expensive but will give us another day to play. The extra day to play would be Christmas day and I have heard that it is so busy that day…

Would you still get just the 5 day passes and use the last day as DTD day?

The more I toss stuff around the more I come up with as options.

Ouestions:

*Which option would you go with?
*What park would be a good park to pick for a half day. We will have 3 children ages 5,8,11?
*Would you skip the park on Christmas Day?

• Would you take the kids to MK as one of the first parks or do the other three first?

Thanks

I’d DEFINITELY go with option B! More time at WDW is what is key! Who cares you have to leave at 5:50am? You’ll be landing at MCO at 11:15! WHOO HOO!!! We ALWAYS take the first flight to Orlando and the LAST flight home. Regardless if we are going to the parks on these days!

*Which option would you go with?
[COLOR=“Black”]I’d DEFINITELY go with option B! More time at WDW is what is key! Who cares you have to leave at 5:50am? You’ll be landing at MCO at 11:15! WHOO HOO!!! We ALWAYS take the first flight to Orlando and the LAST flight home. Regardless if we are going to the parks on these days! [/COLOR]
*What park would be a good park to pick for a half day. We will have 3 children ages 5,8,11?
Hmmm…if you get in at 11:15 and go right to the resort, check in and then go to the parks, you should have a decent amount of time to enjoy the park. It also depends on what day of the week it is. Certain days are better for certain parks. If it were me, I would try any park except MK…it will probably be PACKED by that time!
*Would you skip the park on Christmas Day?
I’ve never been on Christmas Day, but I heard it is the BUSIEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!! UNBEARABLE CROWDS. If it were me, I MIGHT go first thing in the morning at park opening, to check out the festivities and get in the spirit. As it got too crazy, I’d just leave.

• Would you take the kids to MK as one of the first parks or do the other three first? Have they EVER seen MK before? Is this your first trip? If so, you might want to see some of the other parks first. Because once they see MK, they may not want to go to any other park! This will ESPECIALLY be the case for your 5 year old!

Good luck with your decision!

Thanks for your reply…

None of us have even been to WDW before. I like Option B but I just did not want to purchase the 6th day for the tickets if we were going to be able to be in the park for a couple of hours before it got PACKED.

Thanks

I would go ahead and buy the 6th day ticket. It is only a few dollars more than the 5 day and you have the OPTION of going to the park that day! And DON’T FORGET to get HOPPERS. 5 day HOPPER is $254.54 at the gate. 6 day HOPPER is $257.73 at the gate.

Think I have to agree … Option B …I havent been Christmas day but I have been right up to Christmas eve… I really think you will want to get every last minute

I would go with option b if it were me.
I would go with Epcot as it handles crowds the best (and it will be crowded)
Half day park is AK or MGM
no, I would definately want to go to the park on christmas day
I would do MK first because the crowds for the holiday season usually start picking up big time around the 22nd. I would get MK on your first full day.

I would say option b.

However, it would depend on how much more expensive the tickets were.

In May we were only going to go to the parks 7 days and just hang around the resort on the 8th day and when I looked and saw that the 8th day was only 1 dollar more I bought 8 days and we went to the parks for a few more hours before we left. It was worth it!!!

Are you saying if you don’t do option B you will just travel on Christmas day? That doesn’t sound like much fun, so I guess I would choose B.

Option B! The more time you spend at WDW the better!

For estimated crowds, please check TouringPlans.com - The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. Christmas eve and day are both rated 10, highest crowd possible!

Ciao,
Alfredo

I would also go with option B.

I would go with option B. I always plan our trips to get there early and leave as late as possible. I would go to the MK on Christmas day if for no other reason to say I was there on Christmas. I would not think of riding rides but just to enjoy seeing all the festivities. Half day parks are MGM and Animal Kingdom. First time to WDW - Magic Kingdom first and plan to go back!