Which Resort for an Evening?

Hi

During our vacation in December we will be taking a day out to go to Busch Gardens, but when we return we want something to do in the evening. We are hiring a car for the day so resort-to-resort transport is not an issue.

I thought it might be good to go to one of the resorts to see the Electrical Water Pageant and watch the fireworks. Though, to be honest I don’t actually know which fireworks people are talking about when they say they watch them from the resorts. Illuminations is on at 9:30 that night, and I know Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is on that night too so I assume this means so too will Holiday Wishes. Also while we are at the resort to see all of this we aim to use up one of our Dining Plan Counter Service Credits, so would like somewhere nice to eat (if possible). Hopefully I’m not asking too much :blush:

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you
Helen

The beach at the Poly. Catch a Hammock and a fruity bev and swing away:happy:

If you’re not going inside a park, I’d watch Holiday Wishes from the Poly’s beach or possibly from the deck that rings Narcoossee’s.
The view is better from the Poly’s beach and also from the ferry dock in the TTC, but you’ll hear the show soundtrack at Narcoossee’s and you usually don’t at the Poly.
You’ll be able to get food at both the Poly (Captain Cook’s) and GF (Gasparilla Grill) until 11.
PS: watching Illuminations from outside the park is a waste, even the Yacht Club Friendship dock.

We had a really nice view while staing at the WL… it was very nice.

One night we got a free fireworks cruise by timing the ferry just right.
The boat we were on left just before Wishes and stopped in sight of the MK ferry dock (maybe about 400 yars out).

FireAngel, where did you watch from? We’ve had rooms that actually provided castle view, but I’m assuming you watched from the dock.

Thanks for the advice.

I think we’ll go to the Poly that night. Just need to find out what time Holiday Wishes will be on. I don’t mind not hearing the sound track, as we are going to the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party later in our trip anyway, chilling out watching the fireworks at the Poly sounds good to me.

As ever great advice from the MouseBuzz community. Cheers :slight_smile:

(Edit - At least I hope we are going to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party later in our trip, it’s not booked yet! - hopefully this week we’ll get it sorted)

Oh yeah, Holiday Wishes is performed at 9:30, as is Happy HalloWishes.
It’s a parade timing thing during hard ticket events.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;992471]One night we got a free fireworks cruise by timing the ferry just right.
The boat we were on left just before Wishes and stopped in sight of the MK ferry dock (maybe about 400 yars out).

FireAngel, where did you watch from? We’ve had rooms that actually provided castle view, but I’m assuming you watched from the dock.[/QUOTE]

We had the balcony room facing the pool… We knew which rooms you could see them from cause i would check them out during my shift :biggrin:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;992507]Oh yeah, Holiday Wishes is performed at 9:30, as is Happy HalloWishes.
It’s a parade timing thing during hard ticket events.[/QUOTE]

If Holiday Wishes is on at 9:30pm, would the Electric Water Pageant be on at the Poly at 9:00pm as usual or would it be delayed? Thanks

The electric water pagent runs at its normal scheduled time regardless of what is happening inside MK. Many nights, MK closes at 9 and the parade runs at 9. On nights it closes at 10 and 11, it runs at 9. There used to be nights MK would close at 8, and again the parade ran at 9.

My bad, I thought I read somewhere that it changes times.

Not in my experience.