Which Resort has the Best Arcade?

We loved the Contemporary Resort’s old Arcade and were planning on going there one night for our CS meal and play in the arcade a bit but that is now closed and a new one opened at the resort. I was wondering if there is a better arcade we could go to, other than DQ. Also, we would like to go to one where there is CS as we are on the DDP.

Thanks,

We’ve spent some time in the arcades and the CR had the best one.

I was thinking of using the arcade card we get with the package and a CS credit for dinner one night.

I just read about Toy Story Pizza Planet. Do you know how that arcade is?? All my guys love to play arcade games.

[QUOTE=hiner;939789]I was thinking of using the arcade card we get with the package and a CS credit for dinner one night.

I just read about Toy Story Pizza Planet. Do you know how that arcade is?? All my guys love to play arcade games.[/QUOTE]

The arcade at pizza planet is pretty cool. It has some oldie but goodie games in there that I like to indulge in from time to time…like Centipede!! I also think the CR has the best resort arcade…Polynesian and AKL has decent ones as well too.

[QUOTE=hiner;939785]We loved the Contemporary Resort’s old Arcade and were planning on going there one night for our CS meal and play in the arcade a bit but that is now closed and a new one opened at the resort. I was wondering if there is a better arcade we could go to, other than DQ. Also, we would like to go to one where there is CS as we are on the DDP.

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

Glad you asked about this, my husband loves playing in the arcades so I need to find a good one too.

[QUOTE=hiner;939789]I was thinking of using the arcade card we get with the package and a CS credit for dinner one night.

I just read about Toy Story Pizza Planet. Do you know how that arcade is?? All my guys love to play arcade games.[/QUOTE]

That arcade is good. I remember cranes with stuff animals. But TSPP can get crowded!

POR is a very nice one – a super huge one! Way better than BW, I was told by the kids many times over!

I’m not such an expert on arcades but DD and DH seem to really enjoy the POR one too.

Oh, DS loves the cranes. I am kind of hoping to avoid them because he will play them forever. I have to admit though, he is getting good at it.

I’ve heard that from a co-worker that POR has a good arcade. We could eat at the food court and then go play around the resort.

We’ll have to check out the new arcade when we go for dinner at Chef Mickey’s.

I’ll just put CR and POR in a hat and have them choose one.

I think the Contemporary and Yacht/Beach arcades are about the best.
Wilderness and Boardwalk are kind of underwhelming, a little small.
If you’re really looking for true arcade gaming goodness, your only real choice is Disney Quest.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;940160]I think the Contemporary and Yacht/Beach arcades are about the best.
Wilderness and Boardwalk are kind of underwhelming, a little small.
If you’re really looking for true arcade gaming goodness, your only real choice is Disney Quest.[/QUOTE]

Oh, they love DQ and we always hit it on every trip.

I was looking for an arcade to veg in and use our free 30 minutes we get with our package. I never like letting free things go un-used. So I thought we could hit the arcade and then a CS at a resort for dinner one night before heading to a park.

Which would you suggest going to that also has a CS establishment too??

None of the arcades have CS dining attached.
The Food and Fun Center was an anomaly.
The new Contemporary’s new CS is about 100 feet or so from the new location of the arcade. I think that’s about the closest.
As for the 30 minutes, if you are given a standard game card, it is non expiring and you can also add to it if you run out of time. I always have my game card with me whenever I go to WDW, and it’s also good at the in park arcades too.

POP had a GREAT arcade!

We have never used the arcades at WDW, it just seems like such a waste of time to me, but this time we have the credit that was included in our package, so it looks like we will give it a try. I think we are going to try POR’s arcade, I can report back to you when we we return.

My son likes POR infact we had not stayed there since 2003 but always go to dinner at Boatwrights. We enjoy a drink in lounge and he plans in the arcade. He also likes Contemporary.