Which resort?

DH and I are booking our room for our trip for the first week of Oct. At this time Ds will be a 1 year old. We were thinking about booking a room at POR or CBR.

We were wondering if which resort do you think is better? We don’t mind walking a short or even long distance to the bus stop or the main hall. And we will have a small stroller.

We’ve stayed at POR, POFQ and CBR. Our favorite is CBR hands down. We LOVE the tropical theme and the then pirate ship water play area for kids is AWESOME (but the are is only for smaller kids) my DS loved it. DD loved the slide at the main pool. The rooms at CBR are the largest of the mods. We always request Aruba or Jamaica as these are right over the bridge from the main pool and Old Port Royal. Also these are first on the bus routes (if that hasn’t changed in the last 2 years). We also like POFQ due to its small size and the kids loved the dragon slide. We didn’t care for POR much but I know we are in the minority there. Have a great time!

Thanks. DH was really thinking about booking CBR over POR.

I am with Willbe on this one. DW and I stayed at CBR and really enjoyed it. There are several people who love the other two, so be prepared to hear from both sides.

POFQ here. Smaller resort.

CBR was very nice, but the one thing that I didn’t enjoy was getting on the bus, and then 5 stops later, you started heading for the park. That long ride throughout the resort got a little old towards the end of the trip. I would vote for POFQ.

:happy:I would pick POR. I haven’t ever stayed at CBR, but even with what I’ve heard, I’d stay at POR. It has a nice fashion and the food in the dining areas are fantastic!:happy:

Another vote for POR at least for now. We will be staying for the first time at CBR, pirate room, in March :pirate:.
I love the atmosphere at POR, and the food court is fantastic, sooooo many good choices.

Good luck in deciding!

We haven’t stay at CBR for yrs and yrs, but the bus thing did annoy us. Which is one reason why we like POP so much.

After staying in the old trinidad south and that walk, it will be along time before I go back to CBR.

I recommend POR.

[QUOTE=Caseys Corner;1063557]After staying in the old trinidad south and that walk, it will be along time before I go back to CBR.

I recommend POR.[/QUOTE]

I think that’s where we stayed yrs ago. This was before having fridges in the room as standard. (do mods also have coffee pots now?) I walked every morning to get coffee and bagels for DH and I. The last morning he walked with me and couldn’t believe I walked that far every morning to bring back coffee and bagels for him.

Thank you all. DH is really set on going to CBR now just because we have stayed at POFQ before. We were going to stay at POP but we thought with DS a mod maybe better. We are driving down there so if the bus does not work out with DS we can use our car to get back and forth.

Too bad that most of the time POR and POFQ share buses so it’s still 5 stops before you’re off to the parks. I think CBR only has 4 stops.
And when you get down to it, there are many times of the year that Swan Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk all share the same bus. Contemporary and Poly share everything. Some routes are shared between WL and GF while some routes are shared between WL and FW.
The three All Stars share much of the time and now even AKL has a second stop at Kidani Village.
The only non stops are to and from Pop and wait till they open World of Animation. Pop/Ani = 6000 rooms, 3 All Stars = 6000 rooms.

From AK, I’d definitely take the car.
DHS could be a coin toss.

We’ve stayed at CBR several times staying in Jamaica, Aruba and Trinidad N and loved every stay.

As stated, Jamaica and Aruba are a short walk to OPR and the main pool depending on what room you have. Some are closer than others but still a short walk. Make sure you request a 1st floor room as you will not want to carry the stroller up and down the stairs. It’s luck of the draw to get close to the stairs and you may have a windy long walk to your room if you are on the second floor. Most buildings do not have many stairways and they are all interconnected.

We always rented a car and saved so much time driving to and from the parks. Plus parking is free to resort guests.

CBR is our favorite. . .never had a problem or issue with the bus system.

I have had problems with the buses at POP a few times, lines are huge at the parks and takes a long time to get people back to the hotel. POP always seems to have a line.

I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (dixielandings) years ago and liked that resort as well, but really like the theme of the CBR.

[QUOTE=Magic;1063632]CBR is our favorite. . .never had a problem or issue with the bus system.

I have had problems with the buses at POP a few times, lines are huge at the parks and takes a long time to get people back to the hotel. POP always seems to have a line.

I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (dixielandings) years ago and liked that resort as well, but really like the theme of the CBR.[/QUOTE]

That is the only thing we don’t like about POP but don’t really mind it. But you will always have a bus issue and long lines every once in awhile.:laugh:

I like POP, but their food court items were not very good.:blow:

I have to agree with the CBR lover’s, it’s our favorite mod too - Love the theme of the resort! We stayed in the Martinique section building 25, it was close to a bus stop, Old Port Royale and the main pool.

Here’s a map for reference.

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Map - wdwinfo.com

[QUOTE=Magic;1063632]
I have had problems with the buses at POP a few times, lines are huge at the parks and takes a long time to get people back to the hotel. POP always seems to have a line. [/QUOTE]

With 3000 rooms, at closing time long lines do develop for the Pop bus.
That is to be expected because they are dealing with the largest single resort in WDW.
During most of the day, Pop guests can always get onto the first bus, and that bus will not be packed like sardines.