Which resorts have rooms for 5 people?

Hi there,

Despite the fact that we just came off a trip and the next trip is at least 2 years away, maybe 3, I am already dreaming and planning :laugh:
The next time we go we will be going just the 5 of us, so will not be getting two rooms like we have in the past. I was wondering if there is an easy way to find out which resorts have rooms for 5. We were hoping to stay at Coronado Springs this time, but when I plugged the info in online (granted I had to use 2010 for my dates because they don’t have 2012 available yet), it said there were no rooms available to match my criteria.

Thanks for any help!

For the moderates, it’s Port Orleans Riverside (but you might want to read Mickeysgirlz’ latest TR before commiting to this resort). There’s a trundle bed that will accommodate a fifth person (small child).

I know that the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian all have daybeds that are large enough for adults.

I’m thinking that the non “value” rooms at AKV also have a daybed for a fifth guest.

When we go back our youngest will be 11 or 12 years old. And my son would need the trundle, seeing that the girls would share a bed.

What do families of 5 generally do for rooms when they stay at the resorts?

if you are looking at 1012 there could be a small chance of the new art of animation with the family suites being open at that time.
I think that if you are looking or a room with 5 and the youngest is small enough for a roll a way than some more options become available

Trundle + Childs size = Trouble for many. I do know w/ 3 kids plus the occasional freind we have always found that a second room = a second bathroom = quicker times out the door or showers at night. Once the oldest 2 hit their teen years we realized the second bath was a blessing.

Good point regarding the bathroom. I didn’t even think of that.

I guess that means our trip will most definitely be 2013. An extra room adds quite a bit to the total. Of course, with proper motivation I bet we could get saved up in less time!

One of the Values has a large 5 person suite.
I feel ya, Im’ planning our next, too :blush:

We are also a family of 5, and we’ve done 2 rooms at values and POR. We have opted to return to POR in August, as we were just there at Christmas and we did not have any cleanliness issues. I’ll let you know in 6 weeks how we feel about POR!:happy:

All of the deluxe resorts have day beds allowing 5 in a room, plus those rooms are larger than the mod rooms. The only way they let you do more than 4 in a value is if you book a family suite or if you get adjoining rooms.

Warning: Road Story Below!

Once upon a time, when I was first on the road, our band would only get two rooms for 8 adults. Sadly, it broke down to 3 and 5 because the “star” wouldn’t share his bed. This left me sleeping on the floor on a very thick foam mat that was usually more comfortable than the beds because I too would not sleep with another man. Of course, with 5 in that room, somebody would need to sleep on the floor because there are only two beds. We got around the bathroom issue a little because the road crew always needed to be on the road by 11 AM while the musicians didn’t need to arrive at the next gig until 3 hours after we’d started setting up.
A family vacationing together does not have that luxury. Everybody needs to do what they need at the same time. Eventually, we broke down to 3+3+2 in three rooms, with the crew (us) insisting on a roll away because I was tired of dragging in my bed every night. These days, as often as not, I get my own room or share wih only one other person.

I have a family of five with children now 15, 14, & 12. We went three years ago and rented a villa outside of Disney because my kids need the space to live happily with one another for a week.
My daugher and I are going alone in a week and we plan to stay on property. I am hoping that the new family suites at the new resort will be open by the time we go again. I hate to spend too much on lodging as we spend so much time in the parks but I do like the idea of staying on property.

A friend of mine was telling me only this afternoon that they stay at Yacht and Beach as their rooms hold five, and there is five in her family.

We are a family of 4, but we are taking my niece for our upcoming trip. 5 people really limits the choices, unless you spring for two rooms.

Value = ALL-Star Suite
Moderate = POR or Fort Wilderness Cabins
Deluxe = All but WL or AKL

We started at POR, but after talking with the little girls 4 & 7, which neither wanted to sleep on the trundle, we opted to change our reservation to the Polynesian to avoid any arguments upon arrival. The trundle is basically a little bigger than a crib mattress. My niece is 17 and wouldn’t fit on the trundle. My girls are not “go with the flow” kind of kids and I thought if they didn’t have a regular bed to sleep in, I would have a weeks worth of tantrums every night at bedtime. Some of those tantrums would probably be from me, just to be honest.

I am confident that the extra money for the Poly will be well worth it. At least that’s my story and I am sticking to it.

I am a family of 5 and I have stayed at Kidani Village.

[QUOTE=simplytall;1039764]

Deluxe = All but WL or AKL [/QUOTE]

I am all but certain that every time we’ve stayed at WL and AKL there has been a day bed whether we had 2 queens or 1 king.

So, when booking, call to be sure and also check All Ears.

Oh, and any extra money you spend for the Poly would usually go further at the Contemporary.

We stayed with 5 in the room during our last trip to the Polynesian. The room was large enough to handle 4 adults and 1 teenager with ease and keep the luggage out of the way; the room had a large bathroom, and 2 queen beds and a day bed. The bathroom was never an issue as everyone just took their turn. When you travel with that many people in one room the one thing you do lack is privacy, but it does makes for some great memories too.

We didn’t have a daybed at WLR with two queens. I think the maximum occupancy for the room is still 5, though. Maybe you can rent a rollaway.

I have seen rollaways in some of the deluxes.
Maybe it was at WL?

We stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins last year and LOVED IT. There is room for 6 and the Murphy bed is even comfortable. But I could sleep anywhere after a long day at the park. We will never stay anywhere else. We loved that we could drive right up to the cabin, the bus stop was close to us, the laundry facilities were nearby, private, and a full kitchen.

[QUOTE=jen9804;1039702]Hi there,

Despite the fact that we just came off a trip and the next trip is at least 2 years away, maybe 3, I am already dreaming and planning :laugh:
The next time we go we will be going just the 5 of us, so will not be getting two rooms like we have in the past. I was wondering if there is an easy way to find out which resorts have rooms for 5. We were hoping to stay at Coronado Springs this time, but when I plugged the info in online (granted I had to use 2010 for my dates because they don’t have 2012 available yet), it said there were no rooms available to match my criteria.

Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

hehehe, i am the exact same way!! we plan on going back in 2012, but yet I can’t wait to start planning now, and we just got back in March from our trip.

We didn’t have a daybed at WL. When I checked when we booked this year, I was told that we could only do 5 people in one of the Villas/Suites, not in a standard room.

I looked there, but DH and I are not fans of the modern feel and decor. So, we opted for the Poly. For me, the “feel” of the resort is a big factor.