Which Restaurant for our last meal?

So we are leaving for our trip tomorrow :laugh:, and have all our meals booked. But when we were discussing our meals yesterday, I found out that my Grandma is not a big fan of Curry/ Indian food :blink: Since we’re already eating at Boma one night, I don’t know if she would be too excited to eat at Sanaa for our last meal…So, what would you suggest? It will be after a day in the park (AK closes early that day), so it will have to be at a resort. Any thoughts?

So far our ADR’s outside of the parks include:

• Ohana’s
  • Chef Mickey’s
  • Boma

Most of us don’t care for seafood. I was thinking of Whispering Canyon… any other ideas?

Yachtsmann’s steak house, or for something casual- go to Beach Club and go to Beaches and Cream.

Of your suggestions- try for Ohana! Have a great trip!

Ohana for Wishes! Can’t go wrong there.

[QUOTE=Disney Princess;1100765]So we are leaving for our trip tomorrow :laugh:, and have all our meals booked. But when we were discussing our meals yesterday, I found out that my Grandma is not a big fan of Curry/ Indian food :blink: Since we’re already eating at Boma one night, I don’t know if she would be too excited to eat at Sanaa for our last meal…So, what would you suggest? It will be after a day in the park (AK closes early that day), so it will have to be at a resort. Any thoughts?

So far our ADR’s outside of the parks include:

• Ohana’s
  • Chef Mickey’s
  • Boma

Most of us don’t care for seafood. I was thinking of Whispering Canyon… any other ideas?[/QUOTE]

You are going to be hard-pressed to get a table for Ohanna this close to your trip, but you may get lucky. Why not head to DTD for dinner? I love Trex! Get there early or try to book a table. I am not sure if they are still doing that, but I would try! Another favorite of mine is Wolf Gang Puck Express. It’s no fancy, but the food is awesome! They also accept the DDP, so keep that in mind.

Narcoosee’s at GF is good.

Kona Cafe is laid-back and casual, but the food is good and a reservation is easy to get.

I don’t know if you have a car - if you do drive over to Saratoga Springs and try the Turf Club - one of the best sleeper restaurants of WDW.

If you’re sick of big meals, grab a sandwich at Earl of Sandwich. The best deal at WDW.

Grand Floridian Cafe,
The Wave or Cali Grill at the Contemporary,
Raglan Road, DTD,

How about one of the restaurants by the Boardwalk Villas. They have Big River Grille and Brewing Co, Kouzzina’s or ESPN Zone and in that area at night sometimes the have juggling and stuff. Also how about 1900 Park Fare for dinner, they have Cinderella and her step sisters.

Yeah you can.
Can you really enjoy fireworks with your face pressed up against glass instead of being outside to get the full effect of the show?
I know I can’t.

On the other hand, you could time your meal at Kona Cafe to end about 15-30 minutes before MK fireworks and go out to the beach to watch.

[QUOTE=llama;1100772]
If you’re sick of big meals, grab a sandwich at Earl of Sandwich. The best deal at WDW.[/QUOTE]

Very rapidly becoming a lunchtime favorite when paying OOP.

Another vote for Kona. Food is really good. You mentioned already having an adr at Ohana’s but going back to Poly would be worth it. What better way to end your trip than closure from wishes, which can be seen and heard from Poly beach.

Second vote would be something light around the Boardwalk and walking up to the bridge for Illuminations. After head over to Beaches & Cream for a Kitchen Sink as a nightcap :happy:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1100786]
Second vote would be something light around the Boardwalk and walking up to the bridge for Illuminations. After head over to Beaches & Cream for a Kitchen Sink as a nightcap :happy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah - cause the Kitchen Sink is really “light”.:laugh:

Technically, THAT’s what’s for dinner :laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1100783]Yeah you can.
Can you really enjoy fireworks with your face pressed up against glass instead of being outside to get the full effect of the show?
I know I can’t.

On the other hand, you could time your meal at Kona Cafe to end about 15-30 minutes before MK fireworks and go out to the beach to watch.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I know this trip we are having dinner at Trails End and then watching wishes from the beach at FW.

That sounds great in theory. Just be sure you have a clear view of the sky and can at least see the tallest castle tower. That far off axis, you’re really going to be watching two different shows; the stuff around the castle and the high bursts that are launched from just north of the MK railroad tracks, I guess to the right of the peak of Big Thunder Mountain.

I just looked at aerial photos and you’ll probably have no problem with the big stuff, but I’m not sure you’ll even see the castle through the trees on the island in the middle of Bay Lake.
Also, the new Bay Lake Tower could be a little bit of a problem for you too.
Hopefully, they’ll pipe in the show music for you.

Edit: It’s possible you can also see the castle and its bursts from the dock at FW and maybe the beach.

Has anyone else watched from the dock and beach at FW and if so, what are your feelings?

Ragland Road at DTD is really nice with a great atmosphere!

We have watched them from the beach at FW before. It gives a different perspective. They pipe in the sound as well. It just gives a little bit of a twist on things. The real reason is, I love the fried chicken at TE.

Well, if you’ve done it before, that’s all the proof I need.

Grand California Hotel