Which Value Resort

OK Buzzers! Now that I have decided that we will stay at a Value Resort when we visit in November of 2012, which Value Resort do you recommend the most and WHY? There are 4 of us. 2 adults and 2 kids 4 & 7 (4 year olds 1st time!!!) I will do the DDP but we normally get counter service breakfast before we head out (if any are better than others - I think they are all probably the same counter service, right?)

I would LOVE to stay at the AoA, but that is looking like it will cost more than staying at the Wilderness Lodge … BUMMER, cause it looks sooo awesome.

Just looking for some insight! Thanks Pals!

We have only stayed at POP for Value, but having stayed at moderates and deluxes, my kids still love POP the best. My oldest says it just feels like Disney. It has a great food court, disney store, and arcade.

The pool is nice (though no slide, no slide at any value though I think), and nice regular pools as well.

Have fun!

Another vote for Pop. We’ve been to one moderate and one deluxe and Pop three times. Pop is always our choice for a value resort because of the theming, the three pools, and the bus rides never seemed very long. And their food court is awesome. Have fun making your decision!

I would say POP for me too. You should look into the new Art of Animation. It looks really nice. Pop is awesome. great food court, nice pools and a nice big game room. It has a great Disney atmosphere. I would vote for Pop but check of AoA.

Here are my votes:

Value - POP
Moderate - Caribbean Beach
Deluxe - Polynesian

I would sayPop, but check with AoA. It’s a value and if you are talking about going in fall then the rates are cheaper. I know it’s new, but I don’t think that it will be exceptionally more than the other Values.

I think AoA is going to be super nice! Is it all suites though? I think the cost is higher.

I think we have it narrowed to POP and Movies, but with all of your suggestions, POP is definately moving up in the race.

AND … completely off topic: How are you getting the “My Disney Countdown” to show up in your posts? Can’t find it!

[QUOTE=andilee@hotmail;1098294]

AND … completely off topic: How are you getting the “My Disney Countdown” to show up in your posts? Can’t find it![/QUOTE]

User CP and then ‘edit options’ which you have to scroll down all the way to find. Follow the directions there and you’ll be good to go!

You have to be a member for so long and I think have 100 posts… or something like that.

The truth is, there’s virtually no difference between any of the 4 values except that until AoA opens, they don’t share buses with anyone, and that’s a big plus. Non stop service from the park to your hotel!
Pop is 50% bigger than each of the All Stars (3000 rooms vs 2000 rooms), but that doesn’t seem to make much difference.

I think it’s 90 days and 100 posts.

I have stayed at AS Music, AS Movies and POP. I enjoyed my stay at POP the most. The CMs there are honestly perfect in every way. They make the stay SUPER magical~

Oops, forgot that part. :blush:

I do think all of the value are similar in amenities, however, I think I read that POP is the only one with an outside bar by the pool? I haven’t stayed at the AS resorts, so can’t confirm. But, we have enjoyed a few late night drinks by the pool after returning from the parks while the kids did their swimming! :blush:

Really? That just doesn’t sound right. Huh.

I’m certain that each of the All Stars also have pool bars at the main pools.
It’s not as if Disney would overlook any potentially lucrative revenue stream:laugh:

When AoA opens, the only rooms available will be the family suites.
Singles won’t come on line till later. So it’s very probable that a family suite at AoA will cost the same as a single at WL or AKL.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1098332]I’m certain that each of the All Stars also have pool bars at the main pools.
It’s not as if Disney would overlook any potentially lucrative revenue stream:laugh:[/QUOTE]

You are so right. . .Disney knows how to make money! :laugh:

I would think suites at AoA would run the same as the suites at ASMu since both are Values with the same amenties, location accessibilities and sqft. Isn’t sqft one of the main ways WDW prices their rooms?
The other 4 Values with regular rooms are tired the same correct?
If you priced it out you could get 2 rooms at a Value cheaper than a Suite and have an extra bed and bathroom as a bonus. So unless you needed that extra space I wouldn’t consider AoA as an option at this time.
ASMu does have the dive-in movies. ASSp and ASMo don’t. Not sure about Pop.
Pop doesn’t share a bus but it’s not any less crowded considering their resort is bigger in size than of each of the other 3 Values.
As for which is best?? They’re all about the same in service, space, amenties etc so it really depends on which theme appeals to you more.