Which Water Park?

We are considering going to one of the Water Parks this visit…yes…I can’t believe it either. We haven’t been to either water park in 20 years!!! Typhoon Lagoon was fairly new then, and Blizzard Beach was not yet open. my DD was then 5 years old…and she’s 25 now!!! Silly I know but…we just never have wanted to take the time out to go to a water park, or sit by a pool, since we have both close by here at home. But it looks like the parks are not going to be too crowded this time, so…we may just go for it!!

So…which one should we choose?

We love the Lazy River inner tube areas…that’s a must. We are not thrill seekers…some water slides are fine—just not really fast nor extreme.

Any thoughts and/or tips? I understand we have to take the bus to DTD first correct? I have seen the buses labeled as such I believe.

I like BB. But we could have a 100 post thread on the pros and cons of each.

As to busses, we have always caught one from the resort. There might have been other stops, but I don’t remember changing busses.

There is a bus from POR to the water parks, but I dont know about other resorts. I love them both for different reasons, one being the same as you, when we first went, it had to be TL as BB didn’t exist at all.
I love the lazy rivers at both, and just the general atmosphere. We always try and do at least one day at a water park- I think you’ll have a great time at either one you choose.

We like BB better than TL, but that’s because that wave pool scares the you know what out of me! If you haven’t been to either in that long, I would just have the go with the flow attitude, and whichever bus shows first, hop on it. And, yes you can get to both via the resort bus. I know at AKL, the DTD bus is shared with BB. It will show on the overhead sign on the bus.

I was going to suggest what Beth did! Take the first bus that shows up. :happy:

I’m not scared of the wave pool, but I hate the loud rumble it makes before it starts, that scares me more than the wave:laugh:

BB holds no appeal for us. I do not find snow (even fake snow) a novelty. It’s too much of a reality for me. I’m in Florida - I want tropical. We love TL - especially for the lazy river and wave pool. I’m definitely not a slide person.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1119826]
So…which one should we choose?

We love the Lazy River inner tube areas…that’s a must. We are not thrill seekers…some water slides are fine—just not really fast nor extreme.

Any thoughts and/or tips? I understand we have to take the bus to DTD first correct? I have seen the buses labeled as such I believe.[/QUOTE]

For this reason ^ alone I would say TL. Granted both have rivers, tubing, slides etc., but TL seems more relaxing with the attractions being more mellow and at a slower pace whereas BB has steeper, faster slides and seems to appeal more to thrillseekers. Of course being on the Travel Channels top 10 US waterpark list, often ranking at #2 wouldn’t have anything to do with it either.:happy:

Whichever you choose if you get there in the morning make sure you watch how the sun shifts throughout the day since what may be shaded at that time could be in full sun and hot! hot! hot! by the middle of the afternoon.

I know the TL bus goes to DTD since they’re almost right across the street, sort of. The BB bus either shares with AK or HS. We’ve left AK to BB for a mid-day break then took the bus from BB to HS to close it down. Sorry I can’t remember which it is.

…all good thoughts and comments…thank you…

We probably would enjoy just either one I guess since we haven’t been in a long time.

I remember when they were building BB and we drove by—the bus driver was explaining the tall slide and my DDs eyes got really wide…she thought that you really did fly off that “shoot part” at the top instead of going under it…she informed me back then she was never going there…:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So do you all take a small fold up beach bag in your suitcase? I am trying to pack light but I think I have a mesh bag somewhere…and I guess a locker is a must to store valuables…

I’m with Llama. The tropical atmosphere at TL is so vacation-y. Got to have it!

Saw tons of pics of Tom Cruise and Suri at a WDW water park this week… wonder which one it was? That could make a difference for me. I understand there was “a collective gasp” when he took his shirt off to go int he water. Now that would be quite a vacation story!

Oh my—:laugh: Wouldn’t that be something!!!

I was just looking at pictures of both—and I am thinking I may go with the suggestion to just get on the first bus that comes along!!! :laugh::laugh:

They really look very similar—except for the snow.

Going for the first bus that turns up is a great idea!

I find TL more relaxing than BB but enjoy both parks equally.

That’s what we do. It doesn’t take up much room folded at the bottom of the suitcase. We also take our water park mug back each trip and buy a sticker for about half the price of a new mug.

We rent a small locker for important things (money, wallet) but have never had a problem leaving our bag with our clothes ans towels in a chair while we play on the slides.

I love TL. I also like the tropical feel and it doesn’t feel as hot there for some reason.
I think Suri and Tom cruise went to BB.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1119879]That’s what we do. It doesn’t take up much room folded at the bottom of the suitcase. We also take our water park mug back each trip and buy a sticker for about half the price of a new mug.

We rent a small locker for important things (money, wallet) but have never had a problem leaving our bag with our clothes ans towels in a chair while we play on the slides.[/QUOTE]

Ok…good info to know. Thanks…