Which would you choose?

:mickey:If you had to choose between Whispering Canyon or Cape May for your last night dinner ADR, which would you choose and why? Would love to hear what others would base their decision on between the two.

Trying to make the decision now and we’ve narrowed it down to these two (I’ve been to WC before, but years ago so both I consider to be “new” experiences):mickey:

At this point, I would go with Whispering Canyon.
While I love breakfast at Cape May, I’ve tried dinner there several times and each time I was left wanting more, as in variety and “must have” selections.
Others love Cape May for dinner, so your mileage will vary.
Whispering Canyon offers a choice of ala carte entrees and the AYCE skillets.
Cape May is strictly buffet.

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Dinner Menu- Wilderness Lodge

Some things to always keep in mind:

What time do you want to eat?
Where are you coming from?
Where are you going to?
How are you planning to get back and froth from the resort; your car, Disney Transport, or taxi?

I like both, and I have ADR’s at each of them for my upcoming trip. Soundgod is right in that you should consider location and time of meal. Leaving that out, and going strictly on their own merits, i would select Whispering Canyon. For my last dinner ADR, it is a better choice for these reasons: 1)I like the food better, and 2)it is a more unique(and fun) dining experience. Since I like the last sit down meal of my trips to be a memorable experience, IMHO, I would prefer WC.

PeterMac is right to mention “fun”.
Playful and stupid is the rule of the day at all meals at Whispering Canyon (shouldn’t really call it WC, ask our European friends why:eek:) while dinner at Cape May is just another buffet. The characters are only there at breakfast.

If this matters to you, you need to keep this in mind.

We’ve decided on WC for our last night, you’re right Soundgod another buffet is another buffet and it would be nice to end off the vacation on a “different” note! Something to remember … thanks everyone!

Be warned:
DON’T ASK FOR KETCHUP IF IT ISN’T ON YOUR TABLE!!!

Instead, quietly look around for the table with 10 bottles on it, if your table doesn’t have ketchup, and quietly lean over and ask if you can have a bottle, but just one bottle.

You’ll thank me.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1086305]Be warned:
DON’T ASK FOR KETCHUP IF IT ISN’T ON YOUR TABLE!!!

Instead, quietly look around for the table with 10 bottles on it, if your table doesn’t have ketchup, and quietly lean over and ask if you can have a bottle, but just one bottle.

You’ll thank me.[/QUOTE]

Lol … I’ve heard of this, and watched a video or two on youtube. Is there anything else that can be asked for that may get an interesting reaction?

I like both, but for the last night, I would go out in Disney style. WC is fun and Cape May is without the fun. If you like seafood, do CM although there is not a large large quantity of seafood. If you want fun and a dinner to remember, do WC.

Different things. One time my Mom asked the waitress for a tall glass of Diet Coke, not meaning anything by it, just her way of ordering a soda. The waitress brought a quart size mason jar glass of Diet Coke – really made us laugh!

(and go ahead, ask for ketchup – why not have a little fun?)

Ask for straws…

Or for a LARGE drink or SMALL drink instead of just saying ___(insert drink of choice).

WC is fun, our server wasn’t the best - but we still enjoyed it!

Have fun!

Thanks for the tidbits everyone, will try and remember to ask for all.