Which would you choose...AKV, 1 BR Jumbo or kidani?

We have a 1 BR booked at Jumbo, but now I’m thinking about Kidani . We really love the lobby at Jumbo and thought the lobby at Kidani was small, but at Kidani we would have an extra bathroom.

Where would you stay and why would you choose one over the other?

The extra bathroom is alluring…yes - I would take Kidani over Jambo for that reason, I think. The atmosphere at Jambo House is wonderful, but honestly, how much time do you spend in the lobby?

I stayed at Kidani first and then tried Jambo just so I could say I did it. Now me and my guests feel like we liked Kidani better. I missed the extra bathroom and the value in Jambo are smaller than the value in Kidani, so I wonder if all the categories of the rooms are smaller. I just wish that Kidani had a food court, but that being said it took me less than 5 mins to walk between the two, so I would prefer Kidani and walk to Jambo for the extra’s.

We’ve stayed at Jumbo several times always in a studio (value) and we really did like have the CS not too far away. But for this trip with a 1 BR I plan to get some groceries. Not so much for cooking tons of meals, but mostly for breakfast stuff, case of water, juice, milk and snacks. (got DGKs coming along) So the lack of CS won’t be so much of a problem for us.

But thanks for all the input, I think I will try to move over to kidani.

I would choose the extra bathroom over lobby space and theme. You could always walk over to the other lobby and hang out.

ok, we are moved over to Kidani.

Now any tips on room requests? I don’t know much about the resort. We walked over there and looked at the pool and lobby and that’s about it.

My parens took a walk over to Kidani last trip to see what it was all about. By the looks of it, you have three view choices; pool, savannah or car park. I was amazed to see how many guest windows look over the car park between Jambo House and Kidani. I could be wrong but thats how it looked.

My parents say Kidani does have a drinks machine (if you’re getting the refillable cups) but it’s tucked away in the corner of the gift shop? Handy if you want a drink late on but don’t fancy the walk over to Mara.

[QUOTE=Campbell87;1099358]My parens took a walk over to Kidani last trip to see what it was all about. By the looks of it, you have three view choices; pool, savannah or car park. I was amazed to see how many guest windows look over the car park between Jambo House and Kidani. I could be wrong but thats how it looked.

My parents say Kidani does have a drinks machine (if you’re getting the refillable cups) but it’s tucked away in the corner of the gift shop? Handy if you want a drink late on but don’t fancy the walk over to Mara.[/QUOTE]

We had chosen a savannah view because we’ll have the grand kids with us. But that’s about all I know for sure. Are there ground level rooms? I’m not sure with the parking being under at least part of the building.

Looking at the map…http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg I’d say there are ground level room, similar to Jambo house. I’d say if your room is located on the Pembe Savannah (left side of the building) you probably won’t have much car-park viewing to worry about!