Whispering Canyon Cafe - Lunch or Dinner?

We’re staying at the Wilderness Lodge Resort, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity to try Whispering Canyon Cafe. I have a dinner reservation, but I realized that they also serve breakfast and there is plenty of availability. I figure that breakfast food is a pretty safe choice, but if they’re known for having really good dinner food, I don’t want to miss out. I’m thinking this restaurant might be more popular for atmosphere and service than food. Any suggestions?

I know that I’m in the minority - but we didn’t like WCC at all. I admit I’m not the biggest bbq fan in the world, but I like it well enough. We found the meat dry, with an unpleasant after-taste. And here there was just TOO MUCH!!:blow: Too much meat, too much noise. Just too much!! Maybe breakfast would be better.

But, as I say, I’m in the minority…

I have reservations there in May for dinner. I’m not a huge BBQ fan, but saw other things on the menu. I have 2 little boys and thought they would enjoy the atmosphere. Let us know what you decide and how it is

We’ve stayed at the WL the last 2 years and each time have eaten at the Whispering Canyon for both breakfast and dinner on a many of occasions. We loved both meals, from myself to my 5 year old son. Breakfast was a lot more tame. The boys loved the dinner atmosphere, as well as the food(they love BBQ).

We stayed at WL this past summer and had dinner at WCC. We had a blast with the interaction of the wait staff and the food was great…my husbands all around favorite place to eat (you have to like BBQ) We also loved the fact that our dinner reservations where at the resort we staying instead of hurrying around to make reservations at a different location. We did the parks in the morning and relaxed at the pool until it was time for dinner, then headed over to FW for the water parade and fireworks at MK.

I hope this helps.

llama, breakfast is just as noisy as any other meal.
I know this from multiple stays at WL and the noise level in the lobby.
The difference between lunch and dinner would be price and the additional menu items for dinner (if any).
Other than that, whichever time works better for you would be my suggestion.

We were just there in mid-November for lunch. I was surprised - there were empty tables and it was fairly quiet, all things considered. My sons loved the pony race. DH and I both had the BBQ skillet, since it was our big meal of the day, and we both really liked it. It seemed to be a bit cheaper than dinner, as well.