Whispering Canyon Cafe

Anyone ever been here? Is the food good?

Great fun for the kids, and you will be full when you leave. Remember to ask for ketchup when your food arrives. They always forget to bring it.
THey also do a great breakfast skillet.

Ok with that said…do you reccommend the breakfast buffett or the lunch/dinner buffett?

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1106055]Great fun for the kids, and you will be full when you leave. Remember to ask for ketchup when your food arrives. They always forget to bring it.
THey also do a great breakfast skillet.[/QUOTE]

Ok with that said…do you reccommend the breakfast buffett or the lunch/dinner buffett?

The food is OKAY at W.C., but the atmosphere is the star. The place is downright rowdy.

On our first visit, I had heard that the dads all sing to their daughters during the evening. Our meal was winding down, and it hadn’t happened. So I asked my server about it…long story short, I was shortly on a broom stick pony, galloping around the restaurant BY MYSELF, singing “You Are My Sunshine” to the entire room.

I’d recommend lunch or dinner. Lunch is a bit quieter and subdued. Dinner is rancorous affair!

We’re not going this trip, but it is in my WDW top 5.

[QUOTE=Cavey;1106094]The food is OKAY at W.C., but the atmosphere is the star. The place is downright rowdy.

On our first visit, I had heard that the dads all sing to their daughters during the evening. Our meal was winding down, and it hadn’t happened. So I asked my server about it…long story short, I was shortly on a broom stick pony, galloping around the restaurant BY MYSELF, singing “You Are My Sunshine” to the entire room.

I’d recommend lunch or dinner. Lunch is a bit quieter and subdued. Dinner is rancorous affair!

We’re not going this trip, but it is in my WDW top 5.[/QUOTE]

where is the youtube link to that piece of entertainment?

Pre-YouTube.

Wanna hear the rest of the story…

I asked the waitress about the singing. She comes back a few minutes later and says sweetly, “Come with me.” We go to the middle of the room. She pulls out a microphone and says…

“This is Jeffery. He has a deep desire to sing for his daughter. Here at Disney, we’re all about making dreams come true. So here’s what we’re going to do. Jeffery is going to ride his pony around the restaurant, and he’s going to sing as loudly and as off-key as he can for us all. If we feel, he hasn’t done a good enough job, we’re going to send him out into the resort lobby and have him try it again. Ready, Jeffery?”

So I gave it my all. I finished to a loud round of applause. I walked back to my table… and my daughter had gone out to play with the Lincoln Logs in the waiting room, without staying to watch me. :angry::angry::angry::laugh:

We enjoyed WCC for dinner. It is not buffett though. They do have an all-u-can eat skilled on the menu that is good. You can find that menu, and all WDW menus at allears.net. It is a fun place!

[QUOTE=Cavey;1106103]Pre-YouTube.

Wanna hear the rest of the story…

I asked the waitress about the singing. She comes back a few minutes later and says sweetly, “Come with me.” We go to the middle of the room. She pulls out a microphone and says…

"This is Jeffery. He has a deep desire to sing for his daughter. Here at Disney, we’re all about making dreams come true. So here’s what we’re going to do. Jeffery is going to ride his pony around the restaurant, and he’s going to sing as loudly and as off-key as he can for us all. If we feel, he hasn’t done a good enough job, we’re going to send him out into the resort lobby and have him try it again. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

^ this I would pay to see!

I know I’m in the minority here but I do not enjoy WCC. I have been twice and thought the food and service were lacking both times. I think maybe it woukd be fun with a bigger group?? Both times we dined we were parties of two and felt rather ignored.

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;1106106]^ this I would pay to see!

I know I’m in the minority here but I do not enjoy WCC. I have been twice and thought the food and service were lacking both times. I think maybe it woukd be fun with a bigger group?? Both times we dined we were parties of two and felt rather ignored.[/QUOTE]

The trick is to start bantering with your server right away. As soon as he/she can tell you’re up for it, the antics will begin.

On another trip, we were there for lunch. We all had, of course, the all-you-can-drink milkshakes. The kids’ milkshakes came in kids cups with plastic lids. Well, DD (who was 5yo at the time) took the lid off her cup and promptly spilled it everywhere. Our waiter comes over, with mock(??) exasperation and asks, “Why did you take off the lid? I suppose you expect to get another one now!” The waiter leaves. DD tears up a little. :crying: When he comes back, he has a new milkshake in a cup. He had taken the time to duct tape the lid to the cup so there was no possible way the lid could come off. We all laughed our heads off, including DD. :laugh:

Later on, he pushed DS to one side of his chair and sat down. “I need a break, and if I sit out here with you kids, I still get paid.” :laugh:

I have been here for breakfast and for dinner four times. The food is great and the service is excellent. The perfect candidate for a meal here is someone who does not embarrass easily and who enjoys to play along. The servers are crazy fun!

They aren’t buffets. They are all you can eat meals that are replenished at your table by your waiter/ess.

Which is recommended? What kind of food do you want?
You can’t really mess up breakfast and the later day meals are OK too.
They do have their own smokehouse for Whispering Canyon after all.
The choice is yours and what works best with your schedule.

I love the food at breakfast at WCC but it is definitely much quieter at breakfast than at dinner.

I love WCC and have had mostly good experiences there (we had a kind of cruddy server once but every other time has been great).

My favorite story was the year we went to WDW with my aunt and her two kids. My cousin Amanda was 13 and kept calling her friend Emily at home from the dinner table. Finally our waiter asked “Who are you talking to?” and she told him it was her friend Emily. He grabbed the phone, took it to the middle of the dining room and yelled “Attention, everyone! Amanda here is so worried about talking to her friend Emily at home that she can’t be bothered to enjoy the fact that her mother TOOK HER ALL THE WAY TO DISNEY WORLD! Maybe if we all say hello to Emily, she can hang up and enjoy her vacation. Everyone say HI EMILY!” And the entire restaurant did. Amanda is 18 now and still talks about that waiter. :laugh:

Having said that, I recommended WCC to my cousin and her family on their first WDW trip and they absolutely hated it. They said it was too loud and they couldn’t enjoy their meal. Even the kids didn’t like it. So I guess it is all a matter of personal preference.

We have had all three meals there and we always have a blast. My favorite has always been the horse races. Seeing the kids run around the room on their hobby horses is always a blast to me.

We love WCC, it is a fun place. It is always tons more food than you can eat, but the skillets are pretty good.

Not knowing where you are staying, unless you hit WCC early on your way to the parks it can be out of the way unless you drive yourself. Lunch or dinner are a short hop from the MK bus stop. There is a bus direct to WL from the MK bus area.

We have found lunch and dinner the more ‘active’ times with breakfast to be more subdued unless you engage the CM’s/servers and get the fun started. And if you want to get one or all of the kidds embarrashed, this is the place to do it.

I would put the menu is the class of really good comfort food that all but the most picky eaters will find something they will like.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1106165]Not knowing where you are staying, unless you hit WCC early on your way to the parks it can be out of the way unless you drive yourself. Lunch or dinner are a short hop from the MK bus stop. There is a bus direct to WL from the MK bus area.
[/QUOTE]

Why take the bus when you can take the boat, which is more direct in both directions. The launch runs between MK and WL exclusively, FW has its own launch and Contemporary is not served by boat from the MK.
If you take the bus, you’ll have to stop at FW either on the way to or the way back, depending on how the route is running. That is MK - WL - FW - MK or MK - FW - WL - MK. Remember, there are virtually no single stop bus routes in WDW, be it shared resorts (i.e. the Epcot resort loop) or resorts with multiple stop loops.

All that said, if you’re transferring at the MK bus station for WL and there’s a WL bus waiting, take the bus.

Whispering Canyon does get loud, but you can request to be seated in a quieter area as well as requesting that your waiter/ess not molest you too.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1106170]Why take the bus when you can take the boat, which is more direct in both directions. The launch runs between MK and WL exclusively, FW has its own launch and Contemporary is not served by boat from the MK.
If you take the bus, you’ll have to stop at FW either on the way to or the way back, depending on how the route is running. That is MK - WL - FW - MK or MK - FW - WL - MK. Remember, there are virtually no single stop bus routes in WDW, be it shared resorts (i.e. the Epcot resort loop) or resorts with multiple stop loops.

All that said, if you’re transferring at the MK bus station for WL and there’s a WL bus waiting, take the bus.

Whispering Canyon does get loud, but you can request to be seated in a quieter area as well as requesting that your waiter/ess not molest you too.[/QUOTE]

Soundgod! you are very helpful! did you like the food at the whispering canyon cafe? i am not up to date on WL or FW

This place was a BIG hit with all the family last time when we went and now it is on the must do list for next time. We all had a blast the server and my daughters went around and around with the humor and it was all great. We all also liked the food and left stuffed.

[QUOTE=Cavey;1106094]…long story short, I was shortly on a broom stick pony, galloping around the restaurant BY MYSELF, singing “You Are My Sunshine” to the entire room.
[/QUOTE]

This I would have paid to see. We did breakfast and while there were no broomsticks involved it was a good meal.

-Harry

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1106530]This I would have paid to see. We did breakfast and while there were no broomsticks involved it was a good meal.

-Harry[/QUOTE]

How much would you pay to see this? :whistling