Who got BLT points this yr and when did you sign?

I was looking at Disboards and someone was mentioning “you buy into Blt and you get this years points…”. We didn’t get points, but then we won’t be paying MF until Dec. I asked my guide about this. He said it depended on when you signed and what your use yr was. So we signed about mid Feb and our use yr is Dec. We DIDN’T get points for this use yr. We get our first points to use in Dec 09. How about you?

Bought when first offered - founding member. No developer points at first but they matched them when they started offering them to other members…like on the member cruise DAYS later. I have Aug use year.

There was a minimum purchase for developer points from what I understand. Not sure.

It’s not wise to tick off your best customers.

I’m not really sure I understand the question… but I bought in October, got a Feb UY, and got developer points.

Me not making sense…you got to be kidding.:laugh:

I’m talking yearly points, not developer points. We had gotten the DP which then became a cruise (we hadn’t closed yet). I’m wondering if there are other people who signed around feb/march and have a oct-dec use yr, if they got points for this yr and then in oct-dec 09, they will get another bunch of points.

Do I make sense now or should I try again???

[QUOTE=jo-jo;945497]Me not making sense…you got to be kidding.:laugh:

I’m talking yearly points, not developer points. We had gotten the DP which then became a cruise (we hadn’t closed yet). I’m wondering if there are other people who signed around feb/march and have a oct-dec use yr, if they got points for this yr and then in oct-dec 09, they will get another bunch of points.

Do I make sense now or should I try again???[/QUOTE]

:laugh:I think I might be getting it… I hadn’t heard of anyone getting points in '08.

I guess I just wanted to make sure I didn’t missed out on this years points. You hear about this guide says this and that guide said that, so I just wanted to check. I think if I had signed early (oct/nov 08) I would had had points into my account, but we hadn’t thought about getting more points at that time.

No one got BLT points in 08.

I bought in November 08 and got a Feb Use Year. Although I got all my points in Feb 09, I couldn’t use them for ressies before BLT opened. I won’t pay MF’s until August.

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;945881]No one got BLT points in 08.

I bought in November 08 and got a Feb Use Year. Although I got all my points in Feb 09, I couldn’t use them for ressies before BLT opened. I won’t pay MF’s until August.[/QUOTE]

I was just sort of kicking myself wondering IF I had bought right away (oct/nov 08) would I have gotten my Dec 08 points to use fall 09 and only pay the 5 months of MF.

I bought in Oct '08 and my use year is August. My points start as of Aug. '09. So when I called to make our first BLT reservation last month we were actually ‘borrowing’ points from our '09 use year to make that reservation.

… I think. :huh:

I did receive the ‘100 developer point’ bonus & used that to stay in Disneyland.

From what people are saying I’m thinking I didn’t miss anything. I’m just a bit jealous of those who are getting almost a yrs worth of points but only paying for 5 months. I won’t get points until Dec 09 but only pay MF for one month.

We signed BLT in Dec & got pts for this year. We may add them to our other Aug pts or save them for December.

Dec 08 points? Are you sure?

What is your use yr?

My statement was a “what if”. IF we had signed right away (oct/nov) would we have points now and then a new set of points come dec 09. It sounds like if we had a Jan/feb/ etc use yr, then we would have gotten points this year and then a new set come Jan 2010. I think the earlier in the yr your use yr is, the better you made out. For example Iluvwdw has a Feb use yr. She has all her points to use (once BLT opens) but will only pay MF for 1/2 yr on those points.

I believe it’s '09, not '08. Our agent said we can start booking it now though, I get so confused, lol:laugh:

The 09 points are showing on the website for contracts not 08. If it had already been open then you would have gotten points immediately and been billed for annual dues.

Now I understand :laugh: I bought in October and I have a February UY, so I do have points. I think in the long run it won’t make a difference, because even though we have a Feb UY, we can’t use those points at BLT until August anyway.

Just think of it like this, most of us wish we would have bought into DVC earlier in general.

[QUOTE=leslieh;946079]Now I understand :laugh: I bought in October and I have a February UY, so I do have points. I think in the long run it won’t make a difference, because even though we have a Feb UY, we can’t use those points at BLT until August anyway.

Just think of it like this, most of us wish we would have bought into DVC earlier in general.[/QUOTE]

You’re right, in the long run it’s the same. I’m like the kid who wants the extra half bite of cake cause someone got one. We get our points Dec 1 and start using them Dec 6, won’t have to worry about that pesky banking date.:laugh:

Thanks to all for the replies.