Who has stayed at Boardwalk Villas?

Hello
This will be our first time staying at an Epcot resort and I have a few of questions.

1 - We have a preferred Studio, is there a particular area or floor we should request?

2 - How bad is the walk from BWV to DHS? How long did it take you?

3 - How about getting to Epcot from BWV. If you enter through the IG, where is rope drop? Do you get to walk all the way into future world? Our family usually goes to Soarin’ first and was wondering how that works.

Thanks for all the help.

We’ve stayed a few times…Can’t help with room requests. I haven’t the slightest idea where we stayed. The walk from the hotel to DHS was 15 -20 min…I don’t remember a rope drop coming in that way. It seems we were just held till about 2 min to opening before being able to go thru the turnstiles.

My experience is the same as Jo-Jo’s though my walking time was a little more like 12-16 minutes, but I was alone and I walk fast.
I’m pretty sure they don’t do anything at rope drop at the International Gateway, most of the guests are at the main entrance, so they get priority.
For the walk to DHS, Boardwalk is the closest of the 5 hotels.
And there’s a little bit of a short cut so you don’t have to walk all the way to Jellyroll’s before getting on the path. You can cut through the main pool area. Of course, the villas side is closer to the walkway than the hotel side, so you might not even need to cut through the pool area.

Hi! I hope you love the Boardwalk as much as we do!! Can’t wait to hear all about your trip.

1 - I always ask for a room close to the elevator. Even preferred rooms can be very far from the elevator, and the walk to the room can seem VERY long at the end of a long day in the parks.

2 - The walk to DHS is too long for us. I would wait for the boat no matter what (it usually come every 15 - 20 minutes, and then the ride takes about 10- 15 minutes (because it stops at BCV, and then stops at Swan/Dolphin). If you just miss a boat (see it pulling away), then it might be worth doing the walk. You can cut some time off your walk by getting on the walking path by cutting through the pool area instead of going all the way around the boardwalk. Also, coming back from DHS, you can get off on the Swan/Dolphin stop, and it’s a pretty quick walk over the bridge to the Boardwalk (instead of staying on the boat that stops at BCV before heading off to Boardwalk). It cuts about 5 minutes off.

3 - I’m sorry. I never made it on time for rope drop, but I’m sure others can answer this.

The walk to Epcot is VERY short. But if the boat is there, you might as well take it, because Epcot is the first stop for the Boardwalk. I can beat the boat, but I have to walk VERY fast.

Have fun!!!

Thanks everyone for your responses. It sounds like if you enter Epcot from IG, you will be behind the huge crowd that enters through the main entrance. We are usually one of the first people to get on the rides because we always try to beat the crowds.

Thanks for the tip on getting to DHS. We will probably walk because I try to think of it as my exercise when I am there. I try to walk everywhere I can.

First of all; Boardwalk Villas is a beautiful resort. Love it. We always get a Standard View 1 bedroom - a very good deal. I don’t particularly like the preferred views, because you’re either overlooking the Boardwalk, so expect noise until 2 a.m. This is just me; my kids never heard a thing. If you are a light sleeper, you might consider this. The other preferred views are of the pool area. Sorry - that clown totally freaks me out. Every time I opened the curtains - there he was - just like the clown in “It”…

That being said - try to get a room that isn’t too far down THE HALL OF DOOM. Trust us when we say this hall makes the walk to the Studios look like a hop, skip and a jump.

The walk to the Studios is long - it depends on how you feel. We walked back one evening after Fantasmic. It was a gorgeous evening and we enjoyed it very much. However, walking it first thing in the morning and then facing all the walking in the park - not such a good thing. On the way back to the resort we tend to get off the boat at the Swan/Dolphin, cross the bridge and you’re home. You are guaranteed to beat the boat.

The walk to Epcot is short. I seem to recall that we’ve been there before rope drop and you can walk thru the UK and Canada, and then wait there until rope drop.

[QUOTE=disneymom;1063741]Thanks everyone for your responses. It sounds like if you enter Epcot from IG, you will be behind the huge crowd that enters through the main entrance. We are usually one of the first people to get on the rides because we always try to beat the crowds.

Thanks for the tip on getting to DHS. We will probably walk because I try to think of it as my exercise when I am there. I try to walk everywhere I can.[/QUOTE]

No - you’ll be ahead of every one - because you are right at the entry to Future World - much closer to Imagination and The Land. AND you don’t have to fight the immense crowds. There’s usually only a few people waiting from the IG.

Thanks llama. I am glad to hear we will beat the crowds. I guess another reason to stay at an Epcot resort!

Thanks for the tips about the rooms. I will probably request to be away from the Boardwalk View. I am not a light sleeper but if I do get woken up, I have a hard time going back to sleep.

Clowns do not scare me! LOL

I have never stayed, but I’d LOVE too!:heart:

I’ve never stayed, but I really want too!! I’m so jealous!! :crying:

Me too. I have always wanted to stay at an Epcot resort and the Boardwalk looks fabulous!

Thanks for the info…we are staying at BCV and I am sure that some of the info will help us too.

We usually stay in one of the Epcot resorts. The walk to DHS is a bit much when the boat can take you over in less time. I adore the water taxis…they are part of the fun for me.

For rope drop, they let you into the IG and have a rope strung over at the bridge just before you get to the UK. You can walk through to FW then, as WS opens an hour later and is empty.

>> How bad is the walk from BWV to DHS? How long did it take you?<<

WE feel it is an easy walk. We’ve often beat the boats.
You need to go out the “back” via Luna park. Stay left next to the pool, jacuzzi and to the left of the slide and you can pick up the walkway there.
Saves loads of steps.

3 - How about getting to Epcot from BWV. If you enter through the IG, where is rope drop? Do you get to walk all the way into future world? Our family usually goes to Soarin’ first and was wondering how that works.<<

What was done the last time there, during the holidays 2010, you get to go through the bag check and turnstiles around 10 minutes before rope drop. You then walk to the center of Future World where both the guests from IG and from the front gate are held until the simultaneous rope drop. You then WALK <g> behind CM’s to Soarin, etc.
Used to hold you at the top of the walkway from IG where you turn toward France, but they don’t do that anymore. You can walk on the walkway through England and Canada, but the countries aren’t “open.” You have to walk down the middle walkway too toward the center of Future World. Can’t go down the side walkway. It’s blocked and they have CM’s there. The CM’s also direct those going to Norway breakfasts too.
Now that all said, try to get up front since you have to go through the bag check first.
They don’t pre-check anyone, so it can take some time. To be honest, we are usually one of the first through and barely make it to the rope drop. All depends on when the CM’s let you in. I’ve seen it vary wildly… and it also seems to be the same CM’s there all the time??? I don’t understand it<g>.
Frank

Thanks Frank for the recent news. Whatever happens, at least we will be in Disney World!

It’s better than it used to be.
Disney would drop the rope and the IG people would get to Soarin in time to see the mass of people heading up the ramp.
They also used to let everyone through the gate and hold them at a rope at the top of the hill by the turn to France. But they still dropped the rope at the front and the one by France at the same time.
Personally, I’d love to see Disney let the people through the IG a bit earlier so we could go and wait for the Main rope drop in the Center of Future World.
That line can be reallllly long getting through IG in the morning.
BTW, when are you going. The walk is enjoyable for us, but doing it in the middle of summer can be taxing. We still do it, but make sure we have loads of water, etc.
We took the boat once last summer but there was no AC in the boat. I don’t think that’s “standard,” but we haven’t ridden the boat other than that in years, so I don’t know for sure.
Frank

We have stayed here and had a Boardwalk view, top floor. We really liked it. Awesome for coffee in the morning and it was not loud at all in the evenings.

I mean - I was loud, but no one complained … enough for the cops to show up, at least.