Who was first on Toy Story this morning?

Yep, that’s right–WE WERE! And we even got a fastpass before getting in line.

We did Toy Story three times and Star Tours once all before 10 am. We’re off to Epcot now.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1117825]Yep, that’s right–WE WERE! And we even got a fastpass before getting in line.

We did Toy Story three times and Star Tours once all before 10 am. We’re off to Epcot now.[/QUOTE]

Woohoo…well done…enjoy your day!

There has to be some sort of award for that…Congratulations!:flowers:

How many little kids did you plow over racing to the ride? :laugh: :whistling

To compare.
Two weeks ago, we went to DHS on a Saturday morning for the EMH.
We were inside the park at 7:55!
And we were FAR from the first people on Toy Story.
Though we did manage to get a fast pass that was active at 9:55 that allowed us to ride twice, as well as Star Tours once and Tower of Terror once. The coaster did not open before we left the park at 10:10 for breakfast.

I was in line to get into Epcot last week, early, and we were sligtly amused at the people doing the Soarin sprint. It was a little ridiculous. I am all for getting there early, and being first on a ride, but I am not going to run past people to do it. (Not suggesting anyone on here did that.)

We were the first and only people on Dumbo last week, and that was quite special. And, no little children (or big ones either) were run over in the process to get there.

We just had that experience at Disneyland of being the first on a ride … I thought it was a really neat experience! Have a great trip!!

Thanks!

There should be, in all our trips we have never been first to a major attraction and we are rope drop people. We were ready early, first at our turnstile, and the first to get in the park.

Only three. :ninja:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1117836]To compare.
Two weeks ago, we went to DHS on a Saturday morning for the EMH.
We were inside the park at 7:55!
And we were FAR from the first people on Toy Story.
Though we did manage to get a fast pass that was active at 9:55 that allowed us to ride twice, as well as Star Tours once and Tower of Terror once. The coaster did not open before we left the park at 10:10 for breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Every day is so different. Several days ago Soarin was almost a walk on in the middle of the afternoon (I can’t remember the posted wait time but it was way off) but today it was almost two hours (60 minute wait time posted).

[QUOTE=hanwill;1117843]I was in line to get into Epcot last week, early, and we were sligtly amused at the people doing the Soarin sprint. It was a little ridiculous. I am all for getting there early, and being first on a ride, but I am not going to run past people to do it. (Not suggesting anyone on here did that.)

We were the first and only people on Dumbo last week, and that was quite special. And, no little children (or big ones either) were run over in the process to get there.[/QUOTE]

We didn’t run but we walked quickly. We’re never close to the first on Soarin, there’s too many people running to that.

We also thought it was neat. No one else knew or cared but we had fun with it.

I would never run to Soarin, but I have done the “walk real fast in flip flops” to Soarin for sure. It is crazy, you get there within 5 minutes of the park opening and it is already a decent size line to get fast passes.

I Love to be first!! That is a perfect Day! Sounds like a really great trip, Steph.

This morning seems like forever ago now that we’re home. We had another great trip, we did a few new things and a lot of favorites.

Wow, 3x’s and ST too before 10? Are the parks getting empty. We start school in 9 days and I would think many would try to slide one last vacation in.

We’ve been 1st on Buzz back in the day before TSM mania hit. We’ve also been 1st on Splash and BTRR, but those two may not count since the park hadn’t even opened yet. Almost had the honor on TT but I stopped to wait on DH getting FP’s for later. And we didn’t run either. I laugh at those that do :wink:.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1117843]I was in line to get into Epcot last week, early, and we were sligtly amused at the people doing the Soarin sprint. It was a little ridiculous. I am all for getting there early, and being first on a ride, but I am not going to run past people to do it. (Not suggesting anyone on here did that.)
[/QUOTE]

You’ve never seen “the running of the bulls” every morning at Cedar Point’s rope drop as hundreds of enthusiasts race to get to Millenium Force before the queue is fully loaded.:eek:

I’ve been on the last train of the day on both the east coast and west coast Big Thunders.
I doubt I’ll ever be the first rider on anything.

Soarin’ could have closed for mechanical reasons and the queue had unloaded and you arrived shortly after the ride was back up?

DW & my first day of our first trip to WDW: January 6, 2001. We arrived at Epcot at 8:30am. VERY LIGHT rain. We were practically all alone (DW questioned why we had to arrive 30 minutes early.). Gates open, we walk to Test Track (no Soarin’ back then). We get on in the first car. Ride it. Come back into the terminal and are asked, “Would you like to go again? Just stay buckled up.”

It was an amazing experience, but it it did spoil us, in that we’ve never had it so good since (But then that is the ONLY day it’s ever rained on us at WDW.)