Why can't disney have a website that works?

Our trip is coming up soon and since I heard MK had changed hours a bit, I wanted to look at the other parks. I put in for 10 days starting Nov 29…for epcot and MK, I only got hours starting in Dec. So I backed up to Nov 22, now I got 2 days worth of hours starting in Dec. I backed up to Nov 20 and now Epcot and MK has no hours posted at all.

I have tried to cancel ADRs thru the website, always get an error message. I can make ADRs easy, just can’t cancel.

When I first go to the site, it pops up, YOUR VACATION IS IN 28 DAYS, after looking around a bit, I now have no ADRs, no room reservations…(I know they are still there somewhere)…

Oh and the one I like best…we started with BLT for Nov 29 -Dec 8, then we got Dec 5,6 & 7 at BCV. Later on we got Dec 4 and still later Dec 3 at BCV. Well, according to the WDW site, we are going to BLT from Nov 29 - Dec 3. Then From Dec 5 - 8 we are at BCV. Guess we are sleeping on a bench for a few days in between. The DVC site has everything correct, but I WILL bring printouts of everything.

It’s all crazy, how can they have such rotten IT department?

It’s so frustrating isn’t it? I agree Disney should have a much better IT department. I would think by now they would have upgraded the DVC reservations so that you could see what is available for the time frame you want to visit instead oc calling in to find out. More like their hotel reservation system.

Run into this also. I end up calling the main # and confirming every rroom and ADR ressie and writing down the name of who I spoke to and the conf #'s. It’s a pain, but I’ve come to expect it.

I’ve been having issues too, with trying to pay online. It just loads and loads and I end up having to call and pay on the phone. Annoying.

If you are having problems and are using internet explorer go to tools / internet options / general tab and delete temporary internet files, browser history and form data and finally cookies. THeir web apps are poorly written. After you do this close your browsers and then try to get to the web pages.

We aren’t DVC members but we have had problems in the past with the Disney site if we were using Mozilla Foxfire. We changed to Internet Explorer and that seemed to do the trick. We are now using Google Chrome and have had zero problems!

Prior to our switch in browser we had difficulty with each aspect of booking. Rooms, dining and even just searching the site. It was so frustrating and we’re so happy that we don’t have any issues now.

Maybe changing browsers will work for you. Good luck!

[QUOTE=Peppertink;1095021]We aren’t DVC members but we have had problems in the past with the Disney site if we were using Mozilla Foxfire. We changed to Internet Explorer and that seemed to do the trick. We are now using Google Chrome and have had zero problems!

Prior to our switch in browser we had difficulty with each aspect of booking. Rooms, dining and even just searching the site. It was so frustrating and we’re so happy that we don’t have any issues now.

Maybe changing browsers will work for you. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree, the browser may be the problem. I use to use Opera, that didn’t work everywhere, then firefox - that’s a problem all over the place and now with Chrome I can do everything everywhere. Try switching browsers

And after I achieve that, I’ll do brain surgery…sorry this is where I say “oh dear son, your momma needs you to fix my computer” and then he laughs at how little I know. But thanks for trying. :flowers:

[QUOTE=Peppertink;1095021]We aren’t DVC members but we have had problems in the past with the Disney site if we were using Mozilla Foxfire. We changed to Internet Explorer and that seemed to do the trick. We are now using Google Chrome and have had zero problems!

Maybe changing browsers will work for you. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip

Still, it should not be that hard. It should work.

So many people report how terrible Disney IT seems to be… with all of the internet monitoring that Disney does, you would think that they would be hearing these complaints loud and clear…

I will say this, and I have always wanted to say it. My company provides a major service for Disney. If anything EVER goes down, or has any service issue at all, they are all over my company like an Army going to war. They keep us to our absolute highest level of performance and if we fail, we go through a barrage of after action reviews, explanations of problem, and the highest level of escalations to get the repairs in quickly.

I find on the other hand that their websites are consistently broken, full of issues, and plagued by slow repair. I can tell you right now that there are tons of anomalies with our up coming reservations.

It is just odd they have such high expectations of my company, but they don’t seem to transfer to their own internal IT. Do they do their own website design/hosting/management? I would think it has to be their own to have that many issues and not go through what their vendors do.