Wide World of Sports. . .Red Sox!

Just found out that the Braves are playing the Red Sox :heart:for spring training while we are visiting Disney.

I see the disney passes with the water park and more include Wide World of Sports. . does this include Braves spring training? I can see where you can purchase those tickets separately, but didn’t know if it was included in the disney passes.

thanks!

Pretty sure you have to purchase tickets to the games. It was that way a couple of years ago.

You need to purchase separate tickets for the games. We went to two games at WWoS about 2 years ago to see our beloved Red Sox (yay!) and our hated Yankees (boo!). I went online the moment tickets went on sale and was only able to get lawn seats. The lawn was quite nice but it was very hot and sunny when we were there and we had to get up and walk around for some shade at various points. But overall, we had a great time at the games!

We can only get lawn seats. . not sure we will do it. thanks for the info!!!

ah the burden of being a red sox fan,not to metion celtics,patriots and bruins…being from boston ,I believe they put something in the water…but we love it win or lose…

[QUOTE=Magic;1062724]Just found out that the Braves are playing the Red Sox :heart:for spring training while we are visiting Disney.

I see the disney passes with the water park and more include Wide World of Sports. . does this include Braves spring training? I can see where you can purchase those tickets separately, but didn’t know if it was included in the disney passes.

thanks![/QUOTE]

you have a greater chance of seeing the sox in tampa they hardly ever sell out…I didn’t check the schedule one time they were in tampa …and we didn’t know …

patriots :crying::crying::crying::angry:

[QUOTE=Magic;1062724]Just found out that the Braves are playing the Red Sox :heart:for spring training while we are visiting Disney.

thanks![/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh what dates will they be there???
And don’t EVEN get me started on the Pat’s! My DH was at the game, wasn’t good!

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1063036]Oh my gosh what dates will they be there???
And don’t EVEN get me started on the Pat’s! My DH was at the game, wasn’t good![/QUOTE]

About the pats,young and that week off,but enough about that…the sox are not playing in tampa at your time,but check with guest services about tickets to red sox spring training ,I heard that some tickets are held back ,problem is its the braves also and people from georgia,show up also,also people buy season tickets to spring training with the option to selling them …so check ebay…

tickets for a march 16th game were available, red sox v. braves, only lawn seats but only $20 which is way less than what we paid for our red sox tickets last year.

We had a great time at the Spring Training games we went to. We were on DDP and we used our counter service credit to get a boxed lunch from the restaurant at WWoS and we had a little picnic out on the lawn. I know that the dining options at WWoS have changed a lot so not sure if they let you do that or not.

The park was great and super family friendly. I enjoyed a delicious slushy concoction. My one complaint about the lawn was the super strong sun, but there was a tented bar area where we hung out for an inning or two to get out of the sun.

We’ve also seen the Sox in Tampa. It was also a lot of fun though they do so much “Extra” stuff there during the game (soda bottle racers, chik-fil-a hot air balloons, air gun giveaways) that it was hard to pay attention to the actual game! LOL

My favorite Sox/Disney trip was seeing them playing Anaheim. We stayed at a hotel on Harbor Blvd ,visited Disneyland and California Adventure via trolley and took a cab to Angel’s Stadium for the game. It was all super closeby and easy to navigate.

ebay tickets are 75.00…each 2 available …the lawn seats are 20…but lawn seats start at the third base bag in left so not bad seats…or green grass location.