Wifi in resorts

I know there has been a lot of talk about this before, but I might not have been paying attention.

I’ve used a computer on our vacations to disney before, and I remember pluging into my laptop when I was at CSR. However, I do not remember doing that when I stayed at SSR and AKV. We are going to be back at AKV in may, and I was only going to bring my iPad with me which only will connect with the internet through wifi.

Now I did call the animal kingdom lodge and they did tell me that the Villas do have wireless internet through the building, but it did not calm my nerves down. I also read somewhere that someone took there wireless router from home and made there room wifi that way. Which I thought was a great idea.

What I was wondering is if there has been any MBer’s out there that has gone to AKV recently that could tell me if the rooms have wireless internet?

(Excuse my spelling I know it is horrible)

Hopefully someone has some insight on this

I would like to know as well. I know that DVC has free internet but I am not sure about wireless. The Grand Californian has wireless but I have heard WDW is all hard wired for rooms with wireless in the lobby. The “bring your own router” isn’t a bad idea. I have an extra (old) one just sitting in the basement.

Oohh would love to hear if that wireless router works out. I sat in the lobby at the BC to get WiFi for my iPad and I had to sit in just the right spot for it to work! Wouldn’t work too far away from the front desk - was very annoying!

I know people here have mentioned some small router thing so they could have wifi. Sorry I can’t help you with more info, when I went I was asking about that “wire thingie that plugs into the wall and into the laptop”. :confused::confused: So I’m sure someone with come along with big words that I don’t understand, that will make perfect sense to you. :happy:

Well today I got ahold of tech support for Disney world resorts and they told me that there are no resorts on diseny property with and wifi in the rooms. However, all lobbies do have wifi. So that kind of sucks.

I am still gonna take my router with me and try it out. I do think it will work as long as Disney does not have anything against it since it will be secure and all. If anyone out there has tried this or knows if diseny would be able to find out that I’m even using one that would be great .

[QUOTE=CDavis9088;1069684]Well today I got ahold of tech support for Disney world resorts and they told me that there are no resorts on diseny property with and wifi in the rooms. However, all lobbies do have wifi. So that kind of sucks.

I am still gonna take my router with me and try it out. I do think it will work as long as Disney does not have anything against it since it will be secure and all. If anyone out there has tried this or knows if diseny would be able to find out that I’m even using one that would be great .[/QUOTE]
I posted in this thread a while back how we use our wireless router in our room. Hope it helps! :happy:
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/55919-we-here-we-here-5.html#post1050929

[QUOTE=missymouse;1069685]I posted in this thread a while back how we use our wireless router in our room. Hope it helps! :happy:
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/55919-we-here-we-here-5.html#post1050929[/QUOTE]

Morning Melissa. I think you linked the wrong thread.

Afternoon, Rich. Look at post #66. :biggrin:

OOOOOpppppsssss!!!
The sad thing is that I just saw I was post # 63 and #70. :blush:
Thanks for keeping me straight.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1069761]OOOOOpppppsssss!!!
The sad thing is that I just saw I was post # 63 and #70. :blush:
Thanks for keeping me straight.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::happy: