Wild Africa Trek to be extended

Originally it was extended to 3/30. So on 5/1 I called and they extended it to 6/30. I called today and the CM told me to call after this Friday. She said they are planning to extend it but not sure for how far into the future. I had asked her about July.

Getting excited!!!

I didn’t know they were offering this Trek for a limited time! Where does it state that? I thought this was a permanent option…

Wild Africa Trek | Walt Disney World Resort

I’m not normally one who wants to do a tour, but this one looks pretty cool. Update the thread if you see or hear it’s extended. I may see if DD wants to do this in August.

How much does this cost?

I just called Disney and the cast member advised me that since this tour is really popular, it is now a permanent offering.

But, as far as bookings are concerned, there are only “small pockets” of dates available at this time. In other words, they are only taking reservations until 06/30/11. Then, come 07/01/11, they may only be able to “book” a time 1 to 3 months out. Its been “spotty”.

Currently the price is $180 (includes a meal, which I hear is out of this world) per person from now until 06/30/11. During the Easter Holiday week, the price was $200.

So the price does fluctuate depending on the “season”.

In fact, the price could rise above $180 come 07/01/11.

But she said this is a permanent tour and to just keep calling until you can reserve a date that you prefer.

And you cannot book this Trek online, you have to call to get the price for the desired “date” and to specifically reserve said date.

Just call the number in the link I posted in my previous post…

I don’t think the price will vary by season (except perhaps during the very heavy holiday weeks), but I do hope they continue this at least until we’re on solid enough footing again to pay for it.

But consider, the MK fireworks dessert buffet was originally only a trial, and they decided to keep doing it.

[QUOTE=hiner;1075336]Originally it was extended to 3/30. So on 5/1 I called and they extended it to 6/30. I called today and the CM told me to call after this Friday. She said they are planning to extend it but not sure for how far into the future. I had asked her about July.

Getting excited!!![/QUOTE]

It would seem like it’s permanent! Yay! I hope you get to experience it!!!:happy:

would love to do this but cannot possibly do the rope bridge…

[QUOTE=papa bear;1075346]I just called Disney and the cast member advised me that since this tour is really popular, it is now a permanent offering.

But, as far as bookings are concerned, there are only “small pockets” of dates available at this time. In other words, they are only taking reservations until 06/30/11. Then, come 07/01/11, they may only be able to “book” a time 1 to 3 months out. Its been “spotty”.

Currently the price is $180 (includes a meal, which I hear is out of this world) per person from now until 06/30/11. During the Easter Holiday week, the price was $200.

So the price does fluctuate depending on the “season”.

In fact, the price could rise above $180 come 07/01/11.

But she said this is a permanent tour and to just keep calling until you can reserve a date that you prefer.

And you cannot book this Trek online, you have to call to get the price for the desired “date” and to specifically reserve said date.

Just call the number in the link I posted in my previous post…[/QUOTE]

I also read that the price also includes photos as they have you put everything you have with you in a locker.

You can do it! You wear a safety vest and at certain points you are attached to a safety rope via the vest.