Wilderness Lodge

DH and I just returned from our stay at the Wilderness Lodge. This was my 40th birthday celebration and it was fantastic. I have no complaints other than the birthday cake that my DH ordered was dry and the weather was a little rainy. It wasn’t hot so I’m not complaining. We were able to see the Rainy Day parade at Disney instead of the Celebrate one (bummer). The resort was immaculate, mousecleaning was superb and our dining (not on the dining plan - we could never each that much in 4 days) was delicious. Hope to return soon. Highly recommend the Wilderness Lodge.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the WL. We love the lodge so much we bought DVC points there.

Welcome to Mousebuzz :mickey:. Wilderness Lodge is on my list of resorts I would like to stay at someday. I am glad you enjoyed it and if you get time would love to read more about your trip.:goofybounce:

Welcome Home! I love the Wilderness lodge. Happy Belated bday and WELCOME TO MB

We have been there at least a dozen times including the grand opening weekend. Never stayed there but to just wander around, go swimming and eat. Awesome place.
Joe

WL is one of our favorite resorts, it’s so relaxing after a long day in the parks.

I just visited this weekend. It was our first trip there . . . beautiful! :heart:

I am so glad to hear you loved the WL. We are checking in the lodge in two weeks.

What location where your rooms located?

I am very glad to hear this about WL. We are going on the 4th of August for our first trip to that resort. Thought it would be a good choice with two DD’s of 5 and 8! Did you get the free rooms (buy 5 get 3 free?) That is what we are using… We get there just before free dining (for us the free lodging is essentially the same $$$ as the kids are still $10.00/day). Welcome to Mousebuzz.

Welcome Home and Welcome to MB. I always say wish I was still at WDW, but that’s me. Wilderness Lodge is my wife’s favorite. It was the first resort I took her to and it was also her first time. We were dating and I wanted to surprise her with a trip to my favorite place and have her first time be with me and on her birthday. We ended up getting engaged there that week and she decided that we were getting married at Disney. Worked at great for me all around. The one draw back is when I let her decide where to stay it is always the WL. I love the place, I just love all the hotels and like to goto a different one on each visit.

[QUOTE=Remy;973368]I am so glad to hear you loved the WL. We are checking in the lodge in two weeks.

What location where your rooms located?[/QUOTE]

We were in room 4075. KB w/awesome view of the creek that tumbles over a sparkling waterfall and empties into the swimming pool. It was surprisingly quite even though the entrance to your room is over the bubbling spring area of the lobby.

[QUOTE=Remy;973368]I am so glad to hear you loved the WL. We are checking in the lodge in two weeks.

What location where your rooms located?[/QUOTE]

We were in room 4075. Kb w/ a great view of the creek that tumbles over a sparkling waterfall and empties into the swimming pool. Nice to see the bunnies hopping around and the ducks floating by. Surprisingly peaceful and quiet considering the room entrance is right over the lobby area where the Hot Springs start.

That sounds like a perfect location, I hope we get a room like that. We are paying for the courtyard view with the buy 4 get 3 free so hopefully it will be nice. I really wanted to stay at AKL again this year but I was out voted by the rest of the family.

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge a couple years ago, in the DVC Villas. It is still one of my favorites. Nothing beats the peaceful atmosphere. I love the pool too.

No pictures of ducks swimming in pool, but here’s some duckies and bunnies from outside our room. I think it was 1132 which faces the walkway that divides WL from VWL.

We had ducks swimming in the pool at the Beach Club last February. Funny!!! :laugh:

Ok. So we are going to WL in 8 days. I thought I read somewhere that there was no longer a charge for refrigerators, but DW just started the online checkin and it stated there was a charge… Can somebody tell me which is it? Seems crazy to pay at WL and get it for free at CBR…

There should be one in your room. If for some strange reason it’s missing call housekeeping and they will bring one to the room.

But is there a charge?

I ain’t never been charged for an in room fridge at any deluxe resort.
In fact, every deluxe resort is equipped with one and unlike values, they are always inside a purpose built piece of furniture which usually has storage drawers as well. Usually these are in the foyer between the closets.

Wilderness Lodge Photos