Wilderness Lodge

Hello Fellow Buzzers! We are headed back to DW in February and have bite the bullet and upgraded to the Deluxe resorts (always stayed in Moderates)
We have chosen the Wilderness Lodge…I would appreciate and comments, suggestions or issues with this resort if you have stayed here.

Also, what are the advantages of staying at a deluxe compared to a Moderate? (if any)
:crying::crying::confused::confused::confused:

I have stayed at Wilderness. You are going to love it. I love the boat ride over to the Magic Kingdom. Advantages? No advantages to staying at the deluxe, just more amenities. Congrats to you for upgrading! You only live once - enjoy your stay.

LOVE the WL. It is off the beaten path, lots of places to just sit and relax throughout the resort, and is a great spot to escape the parks and enter a new world.
Take time to walk over to the VWL and walk through the lobby. A great relaxing tip we enjoy is to rent bikes from the WL and ride over to FW and bike the paths over there and then back to the WL. It is a half day event, but lots of fun.
In good weather the boat is the way to go and relax to and from the MK. But there is a bus that also runs to the MK out front. And it is usually quicker, and drier/warmer in the event of rain/wind. You can also boat hop between the WL and GF, CR, Poly and FW.

The WL is one of the resorts still on my list to stay at but I do love visiting! It is so serene and peaceful and it really feels like you are world’s away from everything else. My cousin and her family stayed there on their first WDW trip and fell in love. I am sure you will love it!

No advantages?
How about LOCATION!
All of the deluxe resorts are the closest resorts to parks. You can walk to Epcot and DHS from any of the 5 hotels on Crescent Lake. You can walk to the MK from the Contemporary. The monorail resorts have the monorail instead of buses to MK and Epcot, and it’s usually quicker than a bus.

Also, none of the deluxe resorts have exterior room entry and they all have balconies instead of a catwalk in front of your room. Don’t forget that they still haven’t put queen beds into all of the mods and none of the values have queens. Queens are standard at the deluxes. Better dining options as well.

Well, you can boat hop between the Contemporary, WL and FW. You can take a direct boat to the MK’s port. But if you want to get to the Poly or the GF, you have to take the WL launch to the MK port and change for the Poly/GF launch.

Still hopping on the boats. Chill man.:laugh:

I recommend that you eat breakfast in the Whispering Canyon…and ask for ketchup.

We did not dig it. We had a nasty room and no hot water. It looks cool, the location was awesome, but we got hosed on the room.

Hopping on the boats is not allowed. Well, you really have to remain seated on the little boats, but they don’t look very kindly on a flock of kids doing the Tigger Bounce on a Friendship.

:blink::confused:

:ohmy::eek:

Main lodge or DVC?
Stayed in the lodge many times and haven’t really had any issues. (Other than the first time we stayed there when a transformer blew in the middle of the night).
Certainly have never wonted for hot water in the shower.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1127133]Main lodge or DVC?
Stayed in the lodge many times and haven’t really had any issues. (Other than the first time we stayed there when a transformer blew in the middle of the night).
Certainly have never wonted for hot water in the shower.[/QUOTE]

Dee Vee Cee

Drag. I am surprised.

[QUOTE=smartwoman0;1127076]Hello Fellow Buzzers! We are headed back to DW in February and have bite the bullet and upgraded to the Deluxe resorts (always stayed in Moderates)
We have chosen the Wilderness Lodge…I would appreciate and comments, suggestions or issues with this resort if you have stayed here.

Also, what are the advantages of staying at a deluxe compared to a Moderate? (if any)
:crying::crying::confused::confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

We stayed at the resort not DVC about 4 years ago. For us it was nice theming but the room was not comfortable to the point of cramped compared to POFQ. And yes, PLEASE, ask for catsup/ketchup (however you spell it).

We have done the villas and a normal room and LOVE the WL. It’s our second favorite place to stay. We love the pools, the rooms, the staff, everything. We did the villas this fall and thought it was super nice. I prefer a normal pool view room on the 6th floor of the main building (we could see the mk fireworks) but the villas were great too. Walking through the building at night and hearing the piped in crickets was a great touch.

You thought the room at WL was more cramped than POFQ?
It’s actually bigger. 340 sq ft vs 314 sq ft. Maybe it seems that way because at FQ, you’re right in the room at your door, motel style. WL has the entry foyer with the closet. fridge, and sinks. And of course, there’s the balcony where you can sit alone in (relative) quiet.
Another thing that had been different was that FQ had double beds while WL has queens. The bigger beds take up more room, of course.
We just stayed at FQ, which now also has queens. If you sleep in the bed closest to the bath, you will have almost no room to get out of bed if you’re on the wall side. I mean literally 12 inches between bed and wall. THAT’S cramped!

Hey CJ, if you have pool view and you’re in the north wing, how can you even see the MK? You must have been in the south wing, closer to the lake than the lobby.
On the other hand, woods view on the seventh floor…

If I haven’t said it in this thread yet, WL is in my top three.

Wow…great responses. Thank you. I am looking forward to checking out WL for the first time. And whats with the Ketchup? lol

Suprised? Did you forget about the pink tutu?!? :laugh:

When we stayed at WLV we were at the VERY end of the hallway buth other than that we didn’t have any issues. Of course when I checked in and they said “Aren’t you that friend of BossMouse?!?” I strongly denied it. :whistling :angel:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1127170]Hey CJ, if you have pool view and you’re in the north wing, how can you even see the MK? You must have been in the south wing, closer to the lake than the lobby.
On the other hand, woods view on the seventh floor…

If I haven’t said it in this thread yet, WL is in my top three.[/QUOTE]

I said normal, not north. Lol. We were at the very end room, sixth floor, left side if looking at the lobby from the lake. Right above the pool bar. Just over the trees we could see the fireworks and loved it. We could see none of the park at all. I think it was room 663, but not sure. Sorry if I misexplained.

For our villas room we had a woods view and a great small balcony. Our friends were across the hall but no balcony.

Love that place!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1127169]You thought the room at WL was more cramped than POFQ?
It’s actually bigger. 340 sq ft vs 314 sq ft. Maybe it seems that way because at FQ, you’re right in the room at your door, motel style. WL has the entry foyer with the closet. fridge, and sinks. And of course, there’s the balcony where you can sit alone in (relative) quiet.
Another thing that had been different was that FQ had double beds while WL has queens. The bigger beds take up more room, of course.
We just stayed at FQ, which now also has queens. If you sleep in the bed closest to the bath, you will have almost no room to get out of bed if you’re on the wall side. I mean literally 12 inches between bed and wall. THAT’S cramped![/QUOTE]

Yes I am pretty certain on how my group felt in the room. Square footage does not equal usable space nor does it take into account the number of people using that space. For a family of 4 pofq (and yes we stayed when they had queen beds) had more USABLE space than wl.