Will be in Disney @ Christmas

Hi all;

We are going to be there 12-26 thru 12-31.

I would like to know from all of you is what to see what to avoid…etc.

we have been there before so we know the parks some what.

Theres me the wife and the boy (he’s 8).

any info would be great!!!

thanks
rich

Rich, I can’t think of anything to avoid at all during Christmas. In fact, be sure to include some resort-hopping to see decorations and so forth.

If you are trying to get on a ton of rides, then just take advantage of EMH and rope drop entry, plan on leaving the parks in the middle of the day, and then returning later and close the parks down.

You might want to make your reservations for dining right away.

Also, there is the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, which is held at MK after the park is closed to everyone else. I haven’t been to this party, but they have snow and hot chocolate, and the rides are open, and there are special parades and activities. This will require a special reservation, so if you are interested, call soon.

Merry Christmas in advance! :santa:

That’s a difficult question to answer as all of our interests and likes and dislikes are so varied.
I wouldn’t know where to begin. I like all of WDW, some rides like Space Mountain and RnR and ToT are too scary for me. Then again, some of the smallest WDWguests love that sort of ride. So you see, that’s a tough one to answer :smile:

Welcome to MB

I have no real tips to give you for this particular season at WDW as I have never been there for Christmas/New year…but I imagine it will be like the 4th July at times. Then, the parks filled up very early and that was that. If you were in the park, you kinda had to resign yourself to the fact that you were there to stay and there was absolutley no question of park hopping. Rides busy and FP’s taken up quite early also.Although the atmosphere was amazing. Pretty much for this time too I would imagine? I may be wrong though, as I say, I have not witnessed the parks at this time. I am so pleased for you however, it is my dream to be at WDW for christmas one year. Unfortunately the industry in which I work is at peak trade during this time and time off is forbidden. Therefore, should I be at WDW for Christmas, I will also be out of a job - very,very sad :crying:

welcome to MB, by the way!

I would think you would want to avoid the crowds most of all. With that in mind, you should take advantage of Extra magic hour as must as possible. You have three “must do” attractions for each person going and work on getting them in…anything you get in over that is gravy. It’s going to be super crowded, so have a plan and all will be well.

Thanks everyone!!

What about the parade, I here it’s really cool!

thanks for the info!

rich

Hi and welcome to MouseBuzz

must see and do

Mickeys very merry Christmas

EPCOT Osborne Lights
YouTube - Spectacle of Lights 2007

Grand Floridian- Gingerbread House
Disney World Holiday Decorations - Pictures of Disney World Holiday Decorations - Disney World Holiday Decorations

how much do you want to know:blush:

I wanted to know the same thing. Thanks for posting. Is the Christmas parade going on after christmas? LIke the 27th and so on? I thought it ended before christmas.

[QUOTE=darknsour;859121]Thanks everyone!!

What about the parade, I here it’s really cool!

thanks for the info!

rich[/QUOTE]

We are going the week before and leaving Christmas day . . . here is what I was told!

MVMCP ends on Dec 19th

The holiday parade will be then held nightly until the 25th (you’d have to call to find out if it’s longer, but it ends with Santa, and he goes away on the 25th!) :laugh:

The week before, all the events for MVMCP will be held, nightly, minus the “free” stuff (hot choc, cookies, apples)

That’s what the CM who booked me told me . . . but ROWDY, can confirm, since he has the inside scoop, I’m sure! :happy:

Avoid? Nothing.

Christmas is such a magical time to visit WDW. Do as much holiday stuff as you can, see the shows, parades, resorts, and characters… Get to the parks early and get as much as you can before the parks fill. We were in MK on Christmas day 2007 and got maybe 10 rides in before 11 am. After that we relaxed and finally headed out because we couldn’t move for all the people.

Enjoy!

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;859172]Avoid? Nothing.

Christmas is such a magical time to visit WDW. Do as much holiday stuff as you can, see the shows, parades, resorts, and characters… Get to the parks early and get as much as you can before the parks fill. We were in MK on Christmas day 2007 and got maybe 10 rides in before 11 am. After that we relaxed and finally headed out because we couldn’t move for all the people.

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Hmmm . . . does Boma do lunch? Maybe I should switch it from Breakfast to Lunch . . . so we can hit MK on Xmas day . . . altho I was trying to avoid that park! :ph34r: Too many decisions . . . I much prefer our spur of the moment trips! :laugh::laugh:

Does anyone know who I can call for info about the Christamas parade? I guess the reg number right?
Will they still have the MK decorations up thru the end of Dec? Will we be able to see it snow 12-27 till Dec 31st?

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;859175]Does anyone know who I can call for info about the Christamas parade? I guess the reg number right?
Will they still have the MK decorations up thru the end of Dec? Will we be able to see it snow 12-27 till Dec 31st?[/QUOTE]

I was told snow is only at HS during Osborne lights now at MK!

But call and ask yourself . . . I loved to hear what they tell you! :happy:

We have been one time during this time of year and it was very busy. I would definitely take advantage of EMH. Make your ADR’s asap, if you haven’t already, I bet things will book up quickly.
I am like most others, I would take advantage of your timing to see some of the awesome Christamas decorations around WDW. The Gingerbread house at the GF is a must see!!
You will be fine with two adults and an 8 year old. That time of year could be a mess if you had more children, particularly younger ones. Just take your time, stop to take a look around and enjoy the scenery. It is truly a magical time to visit WDW!

Glad you’ll be here! Come watch “Mickey’s Twas the Night Before Christmas,” assuming I’ll be doing that show again this year :wink:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;859180]I was told snow is only at HS during Osborne lights now at MK!

But call and ask yourself . . . I loved to hear what they tell you! :happy:[/QUOTE]

I tried to call but couldnt get anyone. I looked up the Christmas parade on WDW site and it ends before Christmas.
I may just check out the Osbourne lights at HS. Is this a free show or do you need tickets?

Also the Gingerbread house everyone is talking about at the GF?? When is this taken down?

I am so excited for you. We spent two Christmases at WDW and had the most magical times. Don’t miss Osborne Lights, it’s amazing. You don’t need tickets, the lights and the snow are beautiful. Also, the snow on Main Street in MK brought tears to my eyes. The candlelight processional and the fireworks at Epcot as breathtaking, we did a dinner package with the processional. A cm told me that the have double the amount of fireworks at Epcot during Christmas, The show was spectacular. This was the best tip ever, I hope you can use it. The parks were wall to wall people, so I made all adr’s at the parks with extra magic night hours. We went to the parks around dinner time and stayed to closing. At Christmas MK closes around 3am. When the park cleared out we were skipping all over the place coming of PoC at 3:05am. It was amazing. The kids slept til 11 or so, had lunch, went to the pool and then headed to the parks. The emptiness of the parks at that time was well worth it to us. I am so jealous, have a great time, and I hope this helps.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;859175]Does anyone know who I can call for info about the Christamas parade? I guess the reg number right?
Will they still have the MK decorations up thru the end of Dec? Will we be able to see it snow 12-27 till Dec 31st?[/QUOTE]

It still snows all that week and the Gingerbread house is still up. Last year we left on the 31st on the 30th the fireworks at midnight at MK had a new years countdown the numbers were in fireworks, 10,9,8,7 etc. it was great we watched it from the beach at the POLY. Have a great time.

That is wonderful!!! So be at MK for the 31st? We didnt get the hopper tickets.Only the base because I figure it will be packed and we can only do 1 park a day.

I found this on All Ears…

Since I will have kids on NewYears Eve I plan on being at the MK!

THEME PARKS

Epcot – A special version of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” laser-light spectacular will be presented at 7:30 and 11:40 p.m. at Epcot. Latin crossover band Papo’s Groove and the energetic DJ Indio Davila will entertain partiers at America Gardens Theatre, while the big band swing music of the Tom Butler Orchestra will fill World Showplace. Rockers can boogie down at Scooter’s dance party at the Fountain Stage, plus techno rock at the China pavilion and classic rock ‘n’ roll at the Italy pavilion in World Showcase. The park is open from 8 a.m.-1 a.m.

Disney-MGM Studios is aglow with the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights presented by SYLVANIA. Millions of sparkling lights adorn the Streets of America backlot through Jan. 6, 2008. Special New Year’s Eve park hours: 9 a.m.-1 a.m. Special entertainment includes a trio of “Fantasmic!” fireworks shows – at 6:30, 8:30 and 10 p.m. – plus a special showering of fireworks at midnight.

Magic Kingdom – Donning hats and noisemakers, revelers can party on until 1 a.m. at Magic Kingdom with double the parades and fireworks. Guests can count down to the magical hour with the “SpectroMagic” parade at 7 and 10:30 p.m., plus “Holiday Wishes” fireworks at 8:30 p.m. and “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks at 11:50 p.m. The park is open from 8 a.m.-1 a.m.

Animal Kingdom – “Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Expedition” parade, an outrageous street party starring favorite Disney friends, winds through Disney’s Animal Kingdom at 3:45 p.m. Park hours 8 a.m.-8 p.m.