Will Disney's Epcot Get New Pavilion?

According to a columnist for Sao Paolo newspaper Folha, Disney approached the Brazilian government this week about adding a Brazil pavilion to Epcot. The report was noted by theme park website InsideTheMagic.net.

Will Disney’s Epcot Get New Pavilion? - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

That’s funny that they mention “Brazil” because the last time “new pavilion” rumors were swirling around, “Spain” was mentioned. My response was that I can’t believe Disney would add ANOTHER European country when they are already well represented w/European & Asian nations! Why are they ignoring South America? I suggested Argentina or Peru, but Brazil makes sense because they are an emerging world nation.

I am also surprised that “Russia” or “India” has never been thrown into the mix… Could it be a lack of Disney stories coming from those nations? IDK.

OH GOD!!!
JUST WHAT WE DON’T NEED!
A BRAZIL PAVILION!!!

How about Egypt?

I second that, PLEASE no Brazil pavilion. I would enjoy Australia or Africa much more.

Well, Africa is already represented by Morocco and the Outpost as we all know, but I do agree that Egypt would be very cool. Pyramids, hieroglyphics, nice…

Australia would be interesting as well! Maybe they could serve Ostrich? It is very good. :happy:

But why keep on ignoring South America or even Central America? If not Brazil, then at least something as beautiful as Peru (maybe with a representation of Machu Picchu or Lake Titicaca) should be considered. The dishes at the restaurant would be very interesting indeed (especially if they introduced the “very popular” grilled guinea pig, Quinua dishes, Mate tea, etc…).

If Brazil is definitely a go, then I could see Disney installing a Brazilian Churrascaria as the “sit down” restaurant in that “country”. And I bet it would be VERY popular as well. :cool:

I would say a south american country would be great. I also like the Austrsilian country too. I would would to see some with the spanish culture. NOT Brazil.

Where would another country fit in WS? If there is room i’d like to see Australia.
With heightened increase of tourism from Brazil over other internationals I would think they would build a park in S.America before considering the expense of converting the one here. At least I hope they would anyway.

Here is some more information regarding “Brazil” @ EPCOT

Brazilian press on new Epcot pavilion | The Epcot Explorer’s Encyclopedia

I like the idea of Russia or Egypt…potentially very cool!

Look for a whole lot of resistance from the biggest group of Latinos in the state of Florida.
I am of course referring to the Cubans.

I’d vote for Argentina if I were limited to South America.
As for Central America, technically that includes Mexico at this point.

I would love Australia/New Zealand - or Russia would be interesting too. I think Egypt is probably a little busy with more important things at the moment, although how cool would an attraction inside the Pyramids be? Brazil…well…um…er…:pinch: Would it involve flags? Lots and lots of little flags…on sticks…

The thing is, I HATE myself for this, because I know a Brazillian family and they are such NICE people - but something just seems to happen to Brazillian people when they are on vacation…

Just out of curiosity, what’s with all of the negativity surrounding Brazilians at Disney? We go to WDW a lot and I can’t say that I’ve ever been affected by the culture, at least not that I’m aware of or that I can recall…

Oh…dear…I’m Canadian - so I’m suppose to be polite…but…oh my! Brazillians…how does one put it?

I’m sure they are LOVELY people! When not in groups. And the culture is fascinating - but I guess you just haven’t been there during the season when Brazil vacations. They vacation in groups - large groups, noisy groups, sometimes not-very-polite groups. That push you. And shove you. And stand in front of you at parades… And somehow forget that there is anyone else at WDW trying to have a good time too… And forget their manners…and the flags…dear God…the flags…:pinch: Large groups with leaders with flags…on sticks and umbrellas…and heaven help you if you happen to be headed in the same direction they want to be headed in…and the concept of waiting in lines does not occur to them. (I actually once had about 20 try to push by me on Splash Mountain…) Last year an elderly woman pushed in front of me at the entrance to AK and screamed at the CM because their group of about 10 could not enter altogether. The poor CM tried to explain that everyone had to go singularly…that did not go well…

[QUOTE=llama;1074015]Oh…dear…I’m Canadian - so I’m suppose to be polite…but…oh my! Brazillians…how does one put it?

I’m sure they are LOVELY people! When not in groups. And the culture is fascinating - but I guess you just haven’t been there during the season when Brazil vacations. They vacation in groups - large groups, noisy groups, sometimes not-very-polite groups. That push you. And shove you. And stand in front of you at parades… And somehow forget that there is anyone else at WDW trying to have a good time too… And forget their manners…and the flags…dear God…the flags…:pinch: Large groups with leaders with flags…on sticks and umbrellas…and heaven help you if you happen to be headed in the same direction they want to be headed in…and the concept of waiting in lines does not occur to them. (I actually once had about 20 try to push by me on Splash Mountain…) Last year an elderly woman pushed in front of me at the entrance to AK and screamed at the CM because their group of about 10 could not enter altogether. The poor CM tried to explain that everyone had to go singularly…that did not go well…[/QUOTE]

Yeah, What she said :pirate: :laugh:

Ditto on the Brazil issue. THat would be the worst. If a SA country is done Argentina would be much better.

As far as adding countries to EPCOT I do know that when they added AK to the mix it did change which countries they considered adding to the mix if and when they did add a country to EPCOT.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1073990]OH GOD!!!
JUST WHAT WE DON’T NEED!
A BRAZIL PAVILION!!!

I could not agree more!!!

God no to the heaven no Brazil. im sure they are kind generous people when they are not in Disney… I had a group a group mind you tip my daughter stroller over with her in it… when i yelled at them I was well called a not very nice word… not something that should come out of a a young teenagers . mouth… then they followed us yelling things. the chaperons did nothing. id love Australia maybe we could get kola bears. … or Egypt would be very cool

Oz/NZ would be cool…I don’t have any problems with Brazil…I haven’t seen anything especially rude or uncool from one nationality in the parks…maybe it’s just me? :blink: Kinda confused about the dislike of Brazil. How would adding their country be bad for Epcot and it’s guests?

You’ve never been swarmed by a group of 300 Brazilian teens touring WDW.
The Brazilian invasions are nearly on par with love bugs when they’re in season.

As in the majority of Africa south of the Sahara and the Indian sub continent?

I will admit though that now that Apartheid has ended, South Africa would be an interesting addition to World Showcase.