Will I be rushed at Chef Mickey's?

I managed to score a reservation for Chef Mickey’s at 9:15pm one night, the restaurants closing time is listed as 9:30. Will we feel rushed? Will the food still be replenished if we wished to stay and eat for an hour/hour and a half?

Has anyone had a similar experience? If we’re going to feel rushed (waiters with their arms crossed walking by our table every 5 minutes :ohmy:), I would rather cancel and grab counter service for the evening instead.

Oh no, I can’t say I’ve ever felt rushed at CM’s. And the food is replenished constantly or at least it was every time we ate there. Its a lovely atmosphere, not rushed at all.

I had a late ADR for Crystal Palace breakfast. They did not replenish items that were emptyu and I did feel rushed. I don’t know how that situation would work at Chef’s, but I feel rushed there even when I eat at a normal dinner time. I hoenstly would keep trying to get an earlier ADR by calling every day.

We had late ressie at Cape May…they did not replenish anything that was empty. Our reservation was about 45 minutes before they closed. We felt rushed. I don’t know if you will feel the same.

We had a different experience at 1900 Park Fare, I had weight loss surgery and I have to eat very slowly. I went to the rest room and my husband went to get more food. When I came back our table was being cleared and reset for someone else…I even saw the guy call our table and I told him we were not finished…What the hay…

And you didn’t follow my advice.
Get the last reservation, 10:30 if you can, usually 10:20. You can still show up a couple minutes late and be seated.
While they knock down one side, they consolidate everything to the other side.
It kind of depends on what you want, because most, if not all of it except the pancakes, are fresh enough. Now that I think of it, they keep the griddle going for eggs and pancakes until 11 (possibly 10:50).
And they start to switch over to lunch but don’t kick you out.
Hold on an extra 15 minutes and you’ll have the first lunch offerings out of the oven, say 11:20.

That said, I’ve never felt rushed at any buffet. Oddly, this is the case even when they want to close. In fact the opposite seems to be the case, as we often seem to wait for the whole where’s the check/where’s the receipt thing.

Your mileage WILL vary.

[QUOTE=KeroKero;1086131]I managed to score a reservation for Chef Mickey’s at 9:15pm one night, the restaurants closing time is listed as 9:30. Will we feel rushed? Will the food still be replenished if we wished to stay and eat for an hour/hour and a half?

Has anyone had a similar experience? If we’re going to feel rushed (waiters with their arms crossed walking by our table every 5 minutes :ohmy:), I would rather cancel and grab counter service for the evening instead.[/QUOTE]

The “closing” time is the latest that they will seat a guest.
They assume the guest will take 60 minutes to as much as 90 minutes for a meal. They really close at 11.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1086142]The “closing” time is the latest that they will seat a guest.
They assume the guest will take 60 minutes to as much as 90 minutes for a meal. They really close at 11.[/QUOTE]

I figure as much too, a 60-90 minute seating seems reasonable. However with others opinions on their late seatings, I’m still hesitatnt. I’ll hold on to the ressie for now and give it some more thought, maybe I’ll be able to grab something else for an earlier time. (fingers crossed)

We didn’t eat dinner there but on our stay in May at BLT
we would head over and get our mugs filled every night at Contmpo Cafe’.
I remember seeing CM’s fairly full late in the evening. I think you will be OK and have
enough time to relax and enjoy your meal.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1086141]And you didn’t follow my advice.
Get the last reservation, 10:30 if you can, usually 10:20. You can still show up a couple minutes late and be seated.
While they knock down one side, they consolidate everything to the other side.
It kind of depends on what you want, because most, if not all of it except the pancakes, are fresh enough. Now that I think of it, they keep the griddle going for eggs and pancakes until 11 (possibly 10:50).
And they start to switch over to lunch but don’t kick you out.
Hold on an extra 15 minutes and you’ll have the first lunch offerings out of the oven, say 11:20.

That said, I’ve never felt rushed at any buffet. Oddly, this is the case even when they want to close. In fact the opposite seems to be the case, as we often seem to wait for the whole where’s the check/where’s the receipt thing.

Your mileage WILL vary.[/QUOTE]

I have never sat around a restaurant for an hour…lol I am in and out. I went there for the Bfast. I know they swtich up later, but think of all the magic I am missing while waiting for that to happen?? You should know me better than that Doug…:laugh:

Of course I know you better.
That’s the point:flowers:

We’ve never felt rushed at CM’s. As a matter of fact we wait, nearly making buttons, for our server to return with our check so we can get going. Everyone is older now and can’t be bothered with the characters. They just want to eat and run.

We had a ressie for 5:00, when they open for dinner, and when they started seating people, I never saw such a rush to the food. It was actually crazy! I like to enjoy my food and take my time.

Ditto to all, we have never been rushed at all. Great experience every time we have been, if not ridiculously crowded. I can’t think of a single restaurant we have ever felt rushed at, but CM is definitely not one. We have had late resizes 2 times and it had been great.

we have never been rushed by the cm’s, they are very cognizant of why people are there and do their best to accomodate…

the only place a actually felt less then welcome was ohanas we had a late adr… they started to run the sweeper around our table.:laugh:. we scheduled a much earlier one this time as we still enjoyed it .

CM’s CMs?:laugh:

Hello Hello Hello

Echo Echo Echo:rolleyes: