Willbegone LIVE from Mickey's House

I am going to start this live but who knows if I’ll actually complete it live or if this is the only day live. :laugh:

CAST:
Me
DH
DD (11)
DS (4)
DGr (Granny-My mom)
DPapa (My dad)

Friday Oct. 28:
We were up before the alarm which means we were up at 3:45AM this morning. Even DS popped out of the bed at that time. He was wide awake and ready to go to Disney World. Last night we discovered our camera is officially broke! We had hoped it was just the memory card and bought a new one to replace it. The new one did not work either. BUMMER!!! So today no camera. Papa gave DD some $$ for her birthday specifically to buy a camera here so maybe tomorrow we will find her one and use it. Drive down was uneventful. Left home at 5AM and we were at the Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista by 1:15PM. We added this night on about a month ago. We dropped off the over night bag and headed to DTD. We decided on dinner at T-Rex. This is a repeat for us and we enjoyed it but we were starving. I had the burger with chips which was very good. When we exited T-Rex it had started to rain and continued to rain. After dinner DS wanted to go into the Lego store and easily convinced Papa to buy him a Cars 2 Lego set. Yeah, my kids are spoiled by my parents. We then grabbed a sundae at Ghiradelli sat outside and people watched while we soaked in the Disney atmosphere. We came straight back to the room as DS was ready to play with his new legos and we are all tired. We check into OKW tomorrow to officially begin our adventure!

So glad to hear you made it there safely. Hope the rain goes away and you have a wonderful trip!

Sounds like a great start!

rain- hopefully this is the last of it for you! Have a great trip!

great trip report. Im having really bad disney withdrawal:mickey:…

OH I love this live reporting stuff :mickey:

Yay!! LOVE live TR’s! Keep it coming!

Great start and I love your live reporting too.

Sounds like a perfect way to ease into your WDW trip! Can’t wait to hear all about your adventure. Hope you get a camera soon.

can’t wait to hear more!!

I’ll be right there! Leaving early in the morning!

Guess she is having too much fun!

Well obviously I did a horrible job at reporting live. I had hoped the free wireless was still being offered at OKW but it wasn’t and I really didn’t want to pay for it. We were on rented points so it would not have been free. I’m sitting in a Hampton Inn in St. Augustine now. So I’ll continue but not with much as South Carolina vs. Arkansas
be starting in 10 minutes.

Day 1 Saturday Oct. 29
We were up early to eat breakfast at the Hampton Inn and head to Wal-Mart for a few groceries and camera before check in. We got DD a nice camera for around $100 (all the $ her papa gave her for the camera). We arrived at OKW around 9AM and checked in. Of course the room wasn’t ready so we dropped the milk at bell services and hopped a bus to MK. The feeling of being on a Disney bus for the first ride with my kids faces lit up with anticipation is something I can not put into words. Immediately all the “real world” stuff began to melt away. We were here, our happy place. We turned the corner to MK and the bus began that trumpet sound to announce our arrival and we were all on the edge of our seats ready to leap off the bus to get thru the gates.

[QUOTE=Willbegone;1095085]
Day 1 Saturday Oct. 29
We were up early to eat breakfast at the Hampton Inn and head to Wal-Mart for a few groceries and camera before check in. We got DD a nice camera for around $100 (all the $ her papa gave her for the camera). We arrived at OKW around 9AM and checked in. Of course the room wasn’t ready so we dropped the milk at bell services and hopped a bus to MK. The feeling of being on a Disney bus for the first ride with my kids faces lit up with anticipation is something I can not put into words. Immediately all the “real world” stuff began to melt away. We were here, our happy place. We turned the corner to MK and the bus began that trumpet sound to announce our arrival and we were all on the edge of our seats ready to leap off the bus to get thru the gates.[/QUOTE]

I am glad you are reporting again. I love that feeling you described. For us it happens as soon as we land in Orlando :mickey:

Once we entered MK DS wanted to ride Buzz first thing so to Tomorrowland we go. Walked right on Buzz where DH beat me for the first time in 2 years. Next up Space Mountain. Granny stayed with DS while the rest of us walked right on. First time me and Papa had experienced the improved version. I thought it was faster but not much smoother as I had hoped. We decided to hit the tea cups and yes walked right on. By this time DS wants Pirates and nothing else will do. I actually got wet on Pirates! They have timed some of the cannon blasts now to get you wet. It wasn’t the case everytime we rode but 3 of the 5 trips we made on PoC I got wet on my right side. Since I was wet anyway we thought we would check Splash, 5 minute wait, really? Well it really wasn’t we walked right on to this one too. DS has now claimed Splash as his favorite new ride with PoC a very close second. We headed over to HM to check out the new que and enhancments. We walked thru the cemetary which I really like and then onto HM. I absolutely LOVE the new hitch hiking ghosts! Too cute, nicely done. We are all getting hungry and Columbia Harbor house had just opened so we decided to lunch there. I will have another thread with meal reviews.

After lunch we decided to head back to OKW and check to see if the room was ready. I stopped at the conceirge desk and got a wonderful CM. The room we were assigned is not ready but a 2 bedroom on the 2nd floor at Peninsular Road is ready would that be okay. ABSOLUTELY! I was so grateful he checked around for us. We got villa #2322 and we LOVED the location and the villa. This villa was HUGE compared to the one we had at SSR a few years back. Newly renovated and sparkling clean. I hope to post some pics tonight. We unpacked, freshened up and headed to WL for our ADR at Whispering Canyon. After dinner we had a little time to kill before our Wishes fireworks cruise so we headed back to MK. Here we encountered our 2nd longest wait of the entire week at Laugh Floor, 15 minutes. After LF, which I still love, we walked over to the Contemporary to catch our Fireworks cruise. We LOVED it! We’ve now done the Illuminations and Wishes cruises. We love them both but the Wishes one just nudges out the Illuminations one. We had it decorated for DD’s birthday and she was just beside herself excited. It was expensive at $372 plus tips to driver but totally worth it. It was cold and windy but they provided us blankets which helped. It is an amazing vantage point for the fireworks. We called it a night and headed back to OKW.

OH I hope that you have pictures of the new HM queue and Villa #2322

We do but we have ran into another camera issue. We can not find the cord to the new camera to plug it into the computer. UGH! I haven’t unpacked all the suitcases yet so maybe it is hiding somewhere. I HOPE!

Can’t wait for more & pics! thanks for doing the dining review too!!

Now time for some pics of villa #2322. Keep in mind this is DD’s new camera and she wanted to be the first one to use it so she took the pics inside the villa.

Top picture is of the master bath sink and whirlpool tub. Both kids loved this tub. Next pic is of the towel animals left on the king bed in the master bedroom.