Wishes at MVMCP

We’re going to MVMCP in December and was wondering if Wishes is any different than any other time? Anything special? My dh taped Wishes last year and for some reason it didn’t turn out very well. I bought him a new video camera so he’s really looking forward to it. Any suggestions Soundgod?

Loretta - Darrrlink,
I have seen Wishes only once and that was last year at MVMCP. What fun and how beautiful and just wait until you see the castle all covered in “ice”, you’ll shed tears.
But I do not know if the fireworks are the same as usual.

We were there the week after Thanksgiving last year, so we got to see the “ice castle” and you’re right, it’s breath taking. I hope they have again this year so my dd and dgd can see it. We didn’t go to a MVMCP however so we have no clue if Wishes is different.:confused: I would hate to think we were there at the same time last year. Would have enjoyed meeting you.:wub:

We left the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. It would have been nice, had we hit it at the same time. Going again in January, you wanna schedule a trip? :laugh:

We saw it last Christmas season, sitting right outside the castle, sipping hot cocoa and munching on big, soft sugar cookies. It was beautiful.

Oh the temptation, but since we’ll be getting back Dec. 6th, I guess we better pass. Especially with the price of airfare.:eek: I know it would have been fun though. Is Marti going with you?:happy:

[QUOTE=Dopey;859020]Loretta - Darrrlink,
I have seen Wishes only once and that was last year at MVMCP. What fun and how beautiful and just wait until you see the castle all covered in “ice”, you’ll shed tears.
But I do not know if the fireworks are the same as usual.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it was Wishes? I thought they did a special fireworks show for these hard ticket events???

No, Marti will stay home and watch the boys :laugh: She’ll have a chance to go in a couple of years. Of course her behavior will matter in my decision to take or not to take her.

Marti,
come back with that white-oooouuut…

:blink::blink::blink:yeah, I thought I watched Wishes. Psst, don’t tell Loretta that I may have made a mistake there, k!?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Iris, I make them all the time, mistakes that is, but I have my dh convinced that I’m ALWAYS right.:laugh: I bet I won’t even notice if there is a difference. Either way, I know they’ll be beautiful.:wub:

I agree . . . I think it was slightly different . . . I seem to recall as LOT of green and red fireworks! (Soundgod where are you . . . you know this answer I bet!)

These are two different fireworks shows. Wishes is the every night MK fireworks show and is usually performed at park close or an hour or two before closing, depending on time of year and sunset.
Holiday Wishes is the special event fireworks show for Mickey’s Christmas Party and is performed at 9:30 during that event, plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s, Holiday Wishes becomes the every night fireworks show (without the extra perimeter bursts) and Wishes goes on a one week hiatus until January 1.
On Christmas Party nights, the MK will perform Wishes between 6:00 and 6:30, depending on sunset time in addition to Holiday Wishes. They need 3 hours between the shows, both to have time to reload and also because the computer clock will not allow the shows to happen with less than 3 hours between.

Again, THEY ARE DIFFERENT SHOWS!
Suggestions for taping? Get a tripod and look to see if the camera has a “sunset and moonlight” exposure setting or something like this. That will help. Use manual focus, not autofocus as the camera will suddenly decide to refocus at the worst time. Do not stop recording until the show is over, for any reason. You need to get a start to finish recording without interruption.
And once you start rolling, don’t talk! The worst thing is to have you and your family talking over the soundtrack. It’s bad enough when others do it. Don’t do it to yourself.
If you were to choose only one place to tape from, tape from the middle of the bridge (the crest) on Main Street just past Casey’s Corner and the Ice Cream Emporium. This will put you dead on to the castle, which is the focal point of all MK fireworks shows.
During the Christmas period, they fade the “ice” to black before the start of every fireworks show (Wishes, Holiday Wishes, Fantasy In The Sky (Midnight New Year’s Eve).

I like to watch them from the Polynesian when I don’t get to the hard ticket events…and they are different!

Heehee, that’s how I feel. I don’t watch fireworks often enough to know the difference :laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;859523]These are two different fireworks shows. Wishes is the every night MK fireworks show and is usually performed at park close or an hour or two before closing, depending on time of year and sunset.
Holiday Wishes is the special event fireworks show for Mickey’s Christmas Party and is performed at 9:30 during that event, plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s, Holiday Wishes becomes the every night fireworks show (without the extra perimeter bursts) and Wishes goes on a one week hiatus until January 1.
On Christmas Party nights, the MK will perform Wishes between 6:00 and 6:30, depending on sunset time in addition to Holiday Wishes. They need 3 hours between the shows, both to have time to reload and also because the computer clock will not allow the shows to happen with less than 3 hours between.

Suggestions for taping? Get a tripod and look to see if the camera has a “sunset and moonlight” exposure setting or something like this. That will help. Use manual focus, not autofocus as the camera will suddenly decide to refocus at the worst time. Do not stop recording until the show is over, for any reason. You need to get a start to finish recording without interruption.
And once you start rolling, don’t talk! The worst thing is to have you and your family talking over the soundtrack. It’s bad enough when others do it. Don’t do it to yourself.
If you were to choose only one place to tape from, tape from the middle of the bridge (the crest) on Main Street just past Casey’s Corner and the Ice Cream Emporium. This will put you dead on to the castle, which is the focal point of all MK fireworks shows.
During the Christmas period, they fade the “ice” to black before the start of every fireworks show (Wishes, Holiday Wishes, Fantasy In The Sky (Midnight New Year’s Eve).[/QUOTE]

your MB title should be " Pyromaniac in residence" or something like that

I’d rather stick with fireworks expert. Pyromaniac sounds so illegal and gives the impression I’m like Beavis flicking my Bic repeating “fire, fire, fire, heh heh heh heh heh”. Either that or a raving Def Leppard fan, which again would be Beavis.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;859523]These are two different fireworks shows. Wishes is the every night MK fireworks show and is usually performed at park close or an hour or two before closing, depending on time of year and sunset.

During the Christmas period, they fade the “ice” to black before the start of every fireworks show (Wishes, Holiday Wishes, Fantasy In The Sky (Midnight New Year’s Eve).[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the information Soundgod. Especially for the suggestion of not to talk while filming. He does that all the time and it drives me:blink:. He said his new camera has a fireworks setting so hopefully this years video will be better. Thanks again for all your help.