Wishes Dessert Party

I am sure some or most of you have done this.

Here is the link Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party | Walt Disney World Resort.

We are looking into doing this for the first time when we go in October. We have 7 months until we go, but we are in full swing research and planning :eek:.

Just wondering any input on this from all of you who have gone. Good and the bad… Thanks all… I knew I could count on you :happy:

There was just another post about this subject. We’ve never done it, but we have seen it when we were at WDW. It looked really good. The reason we didn’t is because my DH is a diabetic and shouldn’t have the sweets. But alot of other Mousebuzzers really seem to enjoy it.

We did this a couple of trips ago and while it was fun, it was a bit expensive for what you get. I felt like it was the kind of thing we were glad we did once but we will likely never do it again. If it were a little bit less expensive we might consider it, but it is a bit pricey.

We had a great table (they assign your table so there is no scrambling to get a good spot) but once the fireworks started, we had to get up and stand closer to the rail because so many folks were standing in front of our view.

Where can I find the dates for July that this is offered?

We did this last year and loved it. Great food, very fun, and a very relaxing place to watch an amazing view of Wishes!
We are booked again for this year!
I believe bookings are available approximately 2 months in advance. I was only able to book a couple weeks ago for our trip at the end of May. Prior to that, it was not available to book.
Enjoy!

Getting a little tired of Wishes (2005) but would like to try this if they put in a new show. I still go to Wishes but don’t think the price of the party is worth seeing the same show. I am optimistic they will be switching out Wishes for a new show that uses the projection technology used in Magical Memories and You.

Chris, it’s not only Wishes (I don’t care which show they perform, fireworks are fireworks) There’s also a parade before and you get a pretty nice dessert spread.
It’s fun

[QUOTE=Dopey;1107203]Chris, it’s not only Wishes (I don’t care which show they perform, fireworks are fireworks) There’s also a parade before and you get a pretty nice dessert spread.
It’s fun[/QUOTE]

I doubt their cookies are as good as your cookies, Dopey! :wub:

you are such a shmoozer :happy:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1107203]Chris, it’s not only Wishes (I don’t care which show they perform, fireworks are fireworks) There’s also a parade before and you get a pretty nice dessert spread.
It’s fun[/QUOTE]

Well, now you got me thinking:glare:. We are going with my wife’s side of the family in September. (Sister, her husband and two year old, as well as her mother and boyfriend who is over 50 and has never been to WDW :eek:) I will have to talk to my wife, this may be something we can all do together.

Oh and let’s not forget that Tinkerbell is really close when flying over!!
I am glad you are considering it :happy:
sheesh what sort of childhood had said boyfriend in law had :ohmy:

We had them over on Easter and I told him he has to wear a “first visit” pin the whole time we are there.

oh good. He’ll be thrilled, I’m sure :ph34r:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1107312]
sheesh what sort of childhood had said boyfriend in law had :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Three things:

1. My first steps inside WDW didn’t come until I was 41, despite how much time I’d spent in central Florida.
  2. For me, WDW (the Magic Kingdom really) didn’t open until I was 16, childhood was pretty much over by then.
  3. Although I am one month older than Disneyland, my family never had the money to travel from NYC to LA and my first visit there wasn’t until I was 47.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1107356]Three things:

1. My first steps inside WDW didn’t come until I was 41, despite how much time I’d spent in central Florida.
  2. For me, WDW (the Magic Kingdom really) didn’t open until I was 16, childhood was pretty much over by then.
  3. Although I am one month older than Disneyland, my family never had the money to travel from NYC to LA and my first visit there wasn’t until I was 47.[/QUOTE]

Yes, same here, almost. I was 27 or so when I first set foot into DL. But I also did not grow up here. The minute we moved to the US, it was on my brain that I must go and see Disneyland.

And dear Doug, you know I was just kidding. I do know that not everyone feels going to an amusement park a necessary right of passage :tongue:

Yeah, but I ain’t posting what kind of fun I had between 1975 and 1990:ph34r:

It isn’t proper family fare:ohmy:

I did come close to going to WDW in November 83 when we had a day off when in Tampa, but I was too sick to want to get out of bed, considering we were back to work the next day.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1107394]Yeah, but I ain’t posting what kind of fun I had between 1975 and 1990:ph34r:

It isn’t proper family fare:ohmy:

I did come close to going to WDW in November 83 when we had a day off when in Tampa, but I was too sick to want to get out of bed, considering we were back to work the next day.[/QUOTE]

Of course it isn’t family fare, we know all about you :ph34r:

On the site it says cost is $15.00 to 35.99. What are the differences in price?

We paid 27.99 plus tax for everyone in our party when we went on April 2 of this month, which was for four adults and two kids ages 12 and 10. (so just under $180.00 for the six of us) I think it is more for busier(sp?) times of the year, but I could be wrong and I know for children under 9 it is less expensive. Hope this helps:happy:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1107390]Yes, same here, almost. I was 27 or so when I first set foot into DL. But I also did not grow up here. The minute we moved to the US, it was on my brain that I must go and see Disneyland.

And dear Doug, you know I was just kidding. I do know that not everyone feels going to an amusement park a necessary right of passage :tongue:[/QUOTE]

I was 26 on my first visit. My parents didn’t have the cash either but I always wanted to go so when I could finely afford it I went.