Wishes or Illuminations Cruise

Has anyone done them? Is it less magical without the music piped in? Wishes seems cooler - thoughts?

I had thought about doing the Wishes cruise this past visit…but with the up and down of things for us—not sure if we were really going— I didn’t want to make another ressie to cancel.

I’m interested in comments on these as well…I couldn’t find any comments when planning…

I’ve actually done both! We had sound for both. Both are great and neither disappoints. To me it depends on which show you like the most. You have a closer spot for Illuminations but a longer ride on the boat for Wishes. We took tours of the different areas before getting in place for the fireworks. With the Wishes one you get to see the electric water parade also. It costs a little extra to get the boats with sound for Wishes for some reason. I would do either again in a heart beat!! But for us Wishes edged out Illuminations.

Awesome. I want to do the Wishes one, but have to wait and see if it works out. Thank you very much for your opinion!

We did a free Wishes cruise when we were taking the boat from WL to MK and they stopped for us to watch. Does that count? :smile:

We did the Illuminations cruise about 5 yrs ago. I would do it again. But not until I can do a Wishes cruise.

We’ve not done either, what I would REALLY like is a blast in Breathless. My first boat was a wooden Chris Craft and I have always had a soft spot for them.

I have seen it out on the lake several times and my heart always pounds a little faster when I hear them open her up…sigh…

-Harry

Thank you for all the opinions, guys! I am still undecided if I want to spend that kind of money, but I REALLY want to do something over-the-top special for this trip.

I forgot to add little snacks are included in both. It’s just bagged snacks (chips, popcorn, pretzels) and drinks (soda and water). You can have pretty much anything delivered to the boat for a charge though. Didn’t try it though. Both guides we had were AWESOME! We did both times for birthdays but I’m leaning toward doing it again on the next trip just because we loved it so much!

I did read that. Are you allowed to bring your own alcohol on board? Like maybe wine or something?

I think it does…and you get extra points because it was free!

I have never done either, but I did try to watch Wishes at the POLY. The music was piped into the outdoor speakers. But I needed it LOUDER to compete with all of the competition of people’s voices as they were walking around. Anything that pipes in the sound where the music can be heard- sounds like a winner to me. It would be even better on a boat. Do they refund it if the fireworks get canceled due to weather?

Not sure about cancellation policies. I am going to ask some very specific questions when I call them next week to check for availability and this is definitely one of them. I will let you know what they say if no one else has the answer.

I went for it. Just called. Cancellation policy is 48 hours in advance. You don’t have to pay until time of services, so at least I have some time to decide if I can squeeze this out, but know the reservation is secure. It was $292 for a small boat that pipes the music in - not to bad. I was expecting more.

Cool! :cool:

Andrea- I am so super excited about this trip.

Here’s our line-up - if you read it, just pretend you didn’t:whistling

1/10 - arrival day - no parks - chilaxing and enjoying SSR
Dinner at the Turf Club at 6:25

1/11 - park day - AK in the morning; Epcot at night
dinner at Tuto Italiano - Illuminations after

1/12 - no park day
Dinner at Portobello at 3:30pm
Wishes Cruise - must be at Poly by 7pm

1/13 - park day
Magic Kingdom in the morning
Hollywood at night - may switch this not sure
Dinner at the Grand Floridan Cafe for 6:10pm

1/14 - NADA planned at all :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana;1121406]Andrea- I am so super excited about this trip.

1/12 - no park day

1/13 - park day

1/14 - NADA planned at all :)[/QUOTE]

…this sounds like a nice relaxing trip…

Some day…my bucket list I guess…I am going to go long enough to take time to relax at WDW…I just never do…I need to go at least 10 days to feel like I can take time out to “chill”…

Enjoy!

[QUOTE=smallworld;1121408]…this sounds like a nice relaxing trip…

Some day…my bucket list I guess…I am going to go long enough to take time to relax at WDW…I just never do…I need to go at least 10 days to feel like I can take time out to “chill”…

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

I have no choice in the relaxing part. DBF and I are VERY different people. We compromised on the two days of parks. I am free to go more often, but that’s all he’s doing…lol

[QUOTE=Dana;1121406]Andrea- I am so super excited about this trip.

1/12 - no park day

1/13 - park day

1/14 - NADA planned at all :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great trip!

omg! You’ve already got a SCHEDULE!!!:laugh:

I have never done either cruise - I don’t go anywhere.