Wizarding World of Harry Potter - new concept art

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Universal Orlando Resort

This has been sitting in my inbox for almost a week, and I finally opened up. It’s pretty cool (though this music is getting annoying), so I figured I’d share.

Thanks for the link. Sadly there isn’t much to see yet. I so hope that I am going to be able to see this in 2010 :pirate:

Thanks for the link and yes the music gets annoying very quickly

They keep slipping on the date for this thing. I purchased tickets to the park for 7 day passes that we will use next year to go, hopefully it will include this new park also.

However, until then…check out MagiQuest (MAGIQUEST) in Myrtle Beach if you want a magic fix.

[QUOTE=nitaworm;941764]They keep slipping on the date for this thing. I purchased tickets to the park for 7 day passes that we will use next year to go, hopefully it will include this new park also.

However, until then…check out MagiQuest (MAGIQUEST) in Myrtle Beach if you want a magic fix.[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to do that… but my dad refused to do it with me. He kept complaining about how dorky it was (I thought it looked fun… in a dorky way). We went in twice looking at the wands trying to find out what to get… and neither of us understood it at all. We watched the video like five times! :huh: :pinch: Then we went to the IMAX 3D theater, but they only play it every hour… we ended up wasting the entire afternoon! :laugh:

I can’t wait!! I will be getting an annual pass when it opens.

We loved MagiQuest. My DH and I did it without the kids and have fun. You basically go on scavenger hunts, using your wands and clues you get going to magical places help you complete your quest. I love it and when we go to Myrtle beach we do it everytime.

is the world of harry potter a ride , a show does anybody know exactly what they will have… its it walk thru? there is no real info on the web site.

It’s supposed to be a “theme park within a theme park.” They’re adding a new “island” to Islands of Adventure. There will be many attractions.

Just found this thread. UG 2009 edition has an interesting discussion about it. Rumors that the Hogwarts Castle will be as big as WDW castle.

I’ve got to be honest, I am not a Universal Parks fan, and YES we used to go to both IoA & US when we were Florida residents. It’s not that I am just pulling that opinion out of my hat 'cause I’m a Disney fan. I also know nothing about Happy Potter beyond the popular culture basics. I’ve never read one of the books & I’ve only seen one of the movies, the first one.

That being said, after looking at some of those conceptual drawings & reading some speculation on-line about it I think I would TOTALLY visit IoA again for a day to check it out. It looks unbelievably immersive & just really cool. I could see us going there for a day to check it out, but maybe like a year after it opens & the hubbub dies down a little.

Looks cool!

Harry Potter world looks pretty amazing! I just hope its going to be as good as they say it will be and not a huge floppy dissapointment! I adore the books!

Looks pretty cool. My DH and DS are hudge HP fans.

Thanks for sharing.