WL Courtyard View?

I have a Courtyard view booked for our upcoming trip.

I am am wondering if I need to place a room request?

Are there good/bad rooms? Areas to avoid?

Help?!?

Lisa

I would avoid the top floor.
You have to stand up to see over the balcony.

We love the courtyard view at WL. We love looking at the pool area and Bay Lake. A few years ago we had a courtyard view and looked at the Villas. The following morning I asked about it and was told that was also a courtyard view. They happily moved us to a different room because I didn’t feel like that view was worth the extra money.

Our favorite CY view is a room off the lobby at the bottom of the U shape. You get a view of the beautiful lobby when you walk out of your room and a view of the pool and Bay lake out the patio door. It doesn’t get any better.

I can’t think of any area to avoid, the resort is just so beautiful.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;850416]We love the courtyard view at WL. We love looking at the pool area and Bay Lake. A few years ago we had a courtyard view and looked at the Villas. The following morning I asked about it and was told that was also a courtyard view. They happily moved us to a different room because I didn’t feel like that view was worth the extra money.

Our favorite CY view is a room off the lobby at the bottom of the U shape. You get a view of the beautiful lobby when you walk out of your room and a view of the pool and Bay lake out the patio door. It doesn’t get any better.

I can’t think of any area to avoid, the resort is just so beautiful.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at the resort and was thinking that would be the best location in conjunction with getting to Roaring Forks, the busses, boat dock etc. If I wanted that, what exactly would I request?

Thanks!

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;850419]I was looking at the resort and was thinking that would be the best location in conjunction with getting to Roaring Forks, the busses, boat dock etc. If I wanted that, what exactly would I request?

Thanks!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure, we lucked out and got an upgrade to that room so we didn’t request anything. I guess you could request a room that opens to the lobby and that might get you close. We have had a courtyard view every time and have never been disappointed with our location. The resort is so small that nothing seems like a long walk.

Yeah, my biggest concern is a long walk after a long day with Ty in tow. We are not bringing our own stroller so when we leave the parks we are on our own!

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;850424]Yeah, my biggest concern is a long walk after a long day with Ty in tow. We are not bringing our own stroller so when we leave the parks we are on our own!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

You shouldn’t have a long walk to your room. If you are coming back by boat you can cut across teh pool area to a room on that side and of you are coming back by bus you will walk in the lobby and the elevators are right there and you are on your way to your room. No walk seems long there because it’s so well laid out.

I think anywhere in the courtyard area is pretty convienent to roaring forks and just about anything else.

I loved the courtyard view we had during our stay at WL. We had a first floor room facing the pool.:wub: We could literally walk out our patio right to the pool while looking at the magnificent view of the lodge! I am hoping for a similar location for our upcoming trip this Feb. too!:pinch:

We’ve always had a wooded view, with the exception of the Villa’s. I think all of their rooms are a pretty easy walk to the buses, rest., gift shop, pool, etc.