WOC to replace Fantasmic?

I heard some talk that WOC is coming to DHS to replace Fantasmic but after seeing WOC at DL I just can’t see it happening. To me WOC is nothing more than the Fountain Show at the Bellagio in Vegas on steroids. I do think Fantasmic does need some updates but as far as replacing it I just can’t see it happening.

I hope this isn’t true. I love Fantasmic! I also love WOC. I just don’t want Fantasmic to be replaced. How about replacing Illuminations with WOC!

No No No No :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: Nope, uh uhh, nada.

Have they shortened Fantasmic over the last 18-20 months? We went this past trip and all 4 of us thought there were parts of the story missing.

…what’s WOC? Sorry…haven’t been to DL in almost 20 years…but we did get to see the original Fantasmic there…

We don’t even go to Illuminations anymore…it’s the same ole thing for years now…they could at least update the globe part…and music…we use the time during Illuminations for attractions that are usually crowded…so…they could replace that…

I hope they don’t replace either Fantasmic or Illuminations with World of Color.

The World Showcase Lagoon would probably be more suitable for World of Color, but it’s still not ideal with the little islands. I don’t think the World of Color theming would go well with Epcot, either… it’s essentially a larger, louder, more colorful version of the choreographed fountain in Future World.

I also can’t see them replacing the very popular, very expensive Fantasmic with World of Color. Perhaps the technology used within World of Color could be added to enhance Fantasmic, but I don’t think they’re going to be getting rid of their giant, audioanimatronic dragon.

I really don’t want either replaced but WOC is amazing!! I would love to see it somewhere at WDW!!!

Fantasmic looks pathetic enough (oh, that boat at the end kills me) in that small space… WOC would never fit, would it?

[QUOTE=smallworld;1124560]…what’s WOC? Sorry…haven’t been to DL in almost 20 years…but we did get to see the original Fantasmic there…

We don’t even go to Illuminations anymore…it’s the same ole thing for years now…they could at least update the globe part…and music…we use the time during Illuminations for attractions that are usually crowded…so…they could replace that…[/QUOTE]

Hush!! I love Illuminations, it’s truly one of my favorite things at WDW. We usually get a drink and find a seat and soak it all up. The music can take me back in an instant.

OK,fantasmic needs some up dating,WOC will never look or feel right in the fantasmic amphitheater,illuminations needs an update also,why you ask well a refresh which WOC is capable of just makes these attractions more relevant…WOC of color has already had many tweaks,new movies ,new seasons etc

I haven’t been able to go to Fantasmic the last two trips as it was so busy. I can’t imagine they would replace it.

That would be my vote, if they asked me. :laugh:

“A” drink? How about a couple-four drinks? “Tonight we gather by the fire” is 2nd only to the theme from IASW. Too much talking and not enough fireworks.

I agree with Teach. The score for IllumiNations is one of the best from Disney Parks (Soarin’ is definitely competitive… and not sure if this counts, but Flying from the live action Peter Pan which was used in the Year of a Million Dreams promos is one of my favorites). Strings make my heart sing… :wub: Yeah, I’m corny. But I love it.

If you know the storyline behind Illuminations the whole show makes sense. I know they cut/realligned some of the effects, but it is still a great show. So many people don’t know or follow the story behind the show.

Now Fantasmic was a total bummmer a month ago. They didn’t even have the part where Mickey has the sparks flying from his hands. Come on Disney, that was one of oyur biggest marketing pictures for years and you cut it out along with other parts??? Geeeesh!

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1124603]If you know the storyline behind Illuminations the whole show makes sense. I know they cut/realligned some of the effects, but it is still a great show. So many people don’t know or follow the story behind the show.

Now Fantasmic was a total bummmer a month ago. They didn’t even have the part where Mickey has the sparks flying from his hands. Come on Disney, that was one of oyur biggest marketing pictures for years and you cut it out along with other parts??? Geeeesh![/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure that he had the sparks flying out in August…I think I posted a picture of it in my trip report…maybe not…

Kate, youngest DD, brought a friend along for this last trip. Kate had her all psyced for Fantasmic and was bummmed when parts she told her friend about were missing.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1124595]

Too much talking and not enough fireworks.[/QUOTE]

I could live without the globe part.

And frankly I don’t understand the fire barge thing.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1124613]I could live without the globe part.

And frankly I don’t understand the fire barge thing.[/QUOTE]

The fire barge relates to the forming of the earth. Volcanos spewing lava from below and forming the land masses we now walk on.

The globe shows pictures from that point through the ages, and ending showing what man has contributed to the earth such as music, arts, mechanical engineering and other factors that make life as we know it today. It is really well done if you know all of the sequences and how they relate. I have to see it each trip.