Wonderland Tea Party and Pirate Adventure

I was just looking on Allearnet.com and came across these two “grand Adventures for Children”. I was wondering what everyones thoughts and experiences have been. I don’t ever remember hearing much or anything about this here at MB, but then again, maybe I have missed it.

We have two daughters that I think would be quite interested (5 & 4 yo).

Is the pirate adventure mostly boys? My 5 y.o. would probably love it, but I wanted to know if girls attend too!

I have seen both girls and boys do the pirate adventure. They scream and yell and look for pirates! The kids have a blast! It looks like a lot of fun and can’t wait to have my daughter participate when she is 4.

Thank goodness someone has heard of this! I just booked them and the CM said that they actually get the question about the Pirate Adventure a lot and they honestly have pretty equal amounts of boys and girls that participate. I hope someone can tell me their experiences…!?

There have been a couple of TRs with this info!

They both look like a lot of FUN! Is the wonderland tea the one held at the GF? I know a Pirate ship docks and goes out of POR!

Which one did you book? Can wait to see the pictures and hear all about it!

Hey NokeyNose, I as well, will be booking my two younger children(1 boy,8 and1 girl,6) next year for the pirate adventure.It sounds like so much fun for them,boys and girls. They both seem to be excited about it. I did give my daughter the otpion of doing something like the Tea Party and she wanted to do the Pirate Adventure instead. They will have a blast,no worries.

We did the pirate adventure on our last trip. (picture on my profile!)

The kids - boys and girls - LOVED it. Everyone gets a pirate hat and the set off in their “pirate ship” - a small house boat decorated to look like a pirate ship. It doesn’t dock until everyone is there.

The kids (kids only - go get breakfast at the GF) leave the GF and set off for the other destinations. It is quiet as they are all a bit shy.

In searching for the buried treasure, they stopped at the Polynesian, and WL - not sure about the other stops and the kids said it was secret. The last stop includes a box lunch for the kids.

They return back with their new pirate friends singing songs and a with a bag of pirate treasure…

:pirate:

My daughter did the wonderland tea party and loved it! She went on her birthday, and later in the MK Alice saw her and ran up to her and announced to everyone, Today is Grace’s birthday. Then the whole crowd sang her happy birthday. Very magical!

[QUOTE=Elmo;872755]We did the pirate adventure on our last trip. (picture on my profile!)

The kids - boys and girls - LOVED it. Everyone gets a pirate hat and the set off in their “pirate ship” - a small house boat decorated to look like a pirate ship. It doesn’t dock until everyone is there.

The kids (kids only - go get breakfast at the GF) leave the GF and set off for the other destinations. It is quiet as they are all a bit shy.

In searching for the buried treasure, they stopped at the Polynesian, and WL - not sure about the other stops and the kids said it was secret. The last stop includes a box lunch for the kids.

They return back with their new pirate friends singing songs and a with a bag of pirate treasure…

:pirate:[/QUOTE]

They get breakfast? I did not know that. What did they get for breakfast. I thought they just got lunch but that is nice to know.

Poor wording on my part - They do not get breakfast. I meant it is a good opportunity for the adults to get breakfast while the kids pillage and plunder. You have some time, but not enough to travel far and wide.

Oh how cute! I see they actually do go out on a boat! My DD4 may be a bit nervous about that! We call her “Chicken Little” (amoungst one another, not to her face, mind you!) So far they are so excited about both activities, as am I, I like the fact that they have something to look forward to outside of going to the parks!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;872674]There have been a couple of TRs with this info!

They both look like a lot of FUN! Is the wonderland tea the one held at the GF? I know a Pirate ship docks and goes out of POR!

Which one did you book? Can wait to see the pictures and hear all about it![/QUOTE]

I will have to look into those other threads, I checked for them but maybe I missed them! As for the pirate Adventure, it too is out of teh GF, I believe! They told me to go to the GF marina 15 minutes early! We booked both, we are there for 10 days and figured it would be fun!

My DD did the Wonderland Tea Party in 2005 and had a Fabulous time!!! :happy: I believe she was 7, or 8 at the time. I dressed her up in Cinderella Costume and their were alot of kids in the “Alice” costume too!
THey played games and ate and played games! :happy:
Definately worth booking!!!

My DD is doing the pirate cruise when we go on our trip in Dec. She is really looking forward to it. She did the Grand Adventures in Cooking when she was 4 and had alot of fun with that. I never thought about how many boys or girls there would be. My DD won’t have a problem with it, and I think they get paired up with another kid while on the cruise. Hopefully if it is a boy that she is paired up with they won’t mind her being a girl!

I think you’ll be in WDW when we are. What day are you doing the Pirate Adventure? It won’t bother my DD5 if there are all boys, she just gets right in the thick of it! However, DD4 is such a “Miss Priss” she may question why they are the only girls! Ugh, imagine what teenage years wil bring!!! How old is your DD now?

Tell me more about the Grand Adevntures in Cooking, do they still offer that?

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;874871]I think you’ll be in WDW when we are. What day are you doing the Pirate Adventure? It won’t bother my DD5 if there are all boys, she just gets right in the thick of it! However, DD4 is such a “Miss Priss” she may question why they are the only girls! Ugh, imagine what teenage years wil bring!!! How old is your DD now?

Tell me more about the Grand Adevntures in Cooking, do they still offer that?[/QUOTE]

My DD (she will be 7 during our trip) is doing the Pirate Adventure on Thurs. Dec. 4th. My DH and I will be dining at Grand Floridian Cafe for b-fast while DD is off hunting treasure!
I believe they still offer the Adventures in Cooking. I haven’t heard different. DD was 4 when she did this and it was really cute. I think it is better for younger ages (maybe 4-6) since the kids don’t really “cook”. The kids make aprons and chef hats with Mickey ears that they get to keep. Then as I understand they assemble whatever it is that they are making that day. The day that DD attened they made dirt with the gummy worms. She says they got to make the pudding and put the worms in. Then they walk to the Grand Floridian lobby in the aprons and hats and hand out their food to guests. Everyone got a kick out of it.

Oh, my goodness! That is so sweet and special that Alice remembered her!:wub:

so i have a few questions: :o)

so what would you say is the best age for The Wonderland Tea Party? (DD would be going solo.)

where and what do the parents do while their kiddos are having tea?

how long does the tea party last?

[QUOTE=chottsy;875821]so i have a few questions: :o)

so what would you say is the best age for The Wonderland Tea Party? (DD would be going solo.)

where and what do the parents do while their kiddos are having tea?

how long does the tea party last?[/QUOTE]

I am hoping my kids are at the right age (4 & 6) and while they are having tea, we are going to relax and enjoy a few minutes of quiet or an uninterupted conversation!

[QUOTE=nicatene1;875287]My DD (she will be 7 during our trip) is doing the Pirate Adventure on Thurs. Dec. 4th. My DH and I will be dining at Grand Floridian Cafe for b-fast while DD is off hunting treasure!
I believe they still offer the Adventures in Cooking. I haven’t heard different. DD was 4 when she did this and it was really cute. I think it is better for younger ages (maybe 4-6) since the kids don’t really “cook”. The kids make aprons and chef hats with Mickey ears that they get to keep. Then as I understand they assemble whatever it is that they are making that day. The day that DD attened they made dirt with the gummy worms. She says they got to make the pudding and put the worms in. Then they walk to the Grand Floridian lobby in the aprons and hats and hand out their food to guests. Everyone got a kick out of it.[/QUOTE]

DD’s are doing the pirate adventure on the 3rd! I am still wondering if they are too young for this one! We have breakfast reservations for us during taht time as well! Should be nice! :smile::happy::mellow:

My son has done the pirate cruise out of GF and BC a couple of times each. He’s loved it every time and would do it again in a second. The cruises he’s gone on weren’t equal in boy/girl numbers but there were girls on each cruise.