Woohoo! I'm going again!

My friend Erin was planning on taking her 5 year old daughter, Emma, for her first trip to Disney World this summer. She was going to go with her parents and some other family. Unfortunately, everyone had to back out for one reason or another. So…my sister and I stepped in and decided to offer up our company. :laugh: The four of us will be heading down to CB the end of June. I haven’t been to Disney in the summer in years. I can’t say I’m looking forward to the heat and crowds! :eek: But I’m extremely excited about getting to share Emma’s first experience with her.

So now I need some advice. I’ve never planned a trip for a child before. What should I make sure she doesn’t miss? For the most part we will be eating QS, but I’d like to see if we could get into one character meal…hope it’s not too short of notice. Any advice anyone has to offer would be appreciated! :happy:

Princess meal in the castle, or at least EPCOT… If not, I would suggest CHef Mickey’s at the contemporary or Garden Grill at Epcot, or Tusker House at Animal Kingdom (these are the first Minnie/Mickey character meals that I can think of… Have fun-just see what you can get!

Well I just booked the princess meal at Akershus! I was going to ask Emma which one she wanted to do but she’s in school and I was just checking to see what was available and there was a time that worked for us. I can always cancel later if we have to.

Do the Kidcot’s as well as getting the passports stamped while at each country. Mine :heart: that when they were that age and makes a great souvie to look back on.
My girls also adored coloring with Mary Poppins in the lobby and having b’fast with Alice at 1900 PF when they were younger.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1028702]Do the Kidcot’s as well as getting the passports stamped while at each country. Mine :heart: that when they were that age and makes a great souvie to look back on.
My girls also adored coloring with Mary Poppins in the lobby and having b’fast with Alice at 1900 PF when they were younger.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the passports! She’ll like that. Thanks!

All the advice I can offer is get to the parks before they open, leave around lunch time, (swim/relax/nap) and be back at the parks around 6pm-7pm…

you will probably get more done between 8am-11am, then from 11am-6pm at any of the parks…

we have found that’s a great way to beat the crowds and the heat…:cool:

[QUOTE=fito;1028714]All the advice I can offer is get to the parks before they open, leave around lunch time, (swim/relax/nap) and be back at the parks around 6pm-7pm…

you will probably get more done between 8am-11am, then from 11am-6pm at any of the parks…

we have found that’s a great way to beat the crowds and the heat…:cool:[/QUOTE]

I completely agree…I’m going to have to have a discussion with my friend…they’re not very fast moving people and I can’t see them getting out of bed and getting to the park early. :glare: They will if they want to stick with me, though! I’m not suffering through crowds and heat and a grouchy 5 year old while we try to get everything done when we could have been done already and taking a nap back at the room.

If you can only get into one character meal, try to get 1900 Park Fare for dinner. It has Cinderella! The other princess meals may be booked, but try them first.

As for what to do: Let the child pick…just experience everything through her eyes. Focus on Fantasy Land of course, but let her try anything and everything that interests her. Hit the headliners first and use normal WDW touring smarts, but let her pick what she wants to do.

Try and do some indoor things during the really hot times of the day. If you come across a misting station or a fountain to play in get wet…totally revives you and fun for kids too. Take time off in the really high heat. Check out the resorts close to the park you are at or go back to the CB and have a brake!! We always did this and had lots of time to play in the parks. Take full advantage of magic hours. Have a day where you take the day off from the park at least until cooler night air comes. Be prepared for the ~2pm rain that helps cut the humidity and crowds.
Like others have said let Emma take the lead and do not expect to do everything. Bring water and spray bottle into the park to play with in line and keep cool.
I have never really taken full advantage with the restaurants though I want to. I think the 1900’s thing at the GF would be nice for the princess meal.
Oh yes and bring an extra helping of patience because it will be busier then March break most likely.

If they are not fast moving people maybe just plan on meeting up with them around lunch time…take the morning to ride and look at what you want to.

Thanks everyone. I plan on going with the flow and letting Emma pick what she wants to do. This trip is not for me, it’s for her!

my girls like bibbiddi bobbeddi boutique. it’s so cute! they really make them feel like a princess. also, my favorite character meal is chef mickeys’s for breakfast. they have mickey shaped waffles and the characters dance and have alot of fun with the kids.

I just booked the bbb for her last night. I’m sure she’ll love it!

my kids loved Chef Mickey it was a lot more kid friendly than the castle