Woohoo PIF!

So this year i decided to put myself on a payment plan with Disney, paying 60.00 a week till I was PIF!
Well it worked all the way up until the MONTH of MAY, when we got hit with almost 5 communion parties, leaving us short at the end of the weeks.

But i really am very proud of myself, i was able to pay off 1868.00 leaving me with only 700 to charge (ON MY DISNEY VISA of course, so now i have some extra points)
But i think if we didn’t get hit w/all those communion parties I wouldn’t have had to charge the 700.00…oh well, it beats coming home to a huge CC bill.

Yeah! The PIF dance is a great feeling.

Are First Communion gifts that expensive??

omgggggggggggg they are like little mini weddings! at least that’s how its done with my extended family…my daughters communion party was really not a party but a sit down dinner with 40 people and she still got 100 or more as a gift.

w/a family of 6 we usually give 150.00 to 200.00 depending on how close we r to the family.

What a great feeling! I just did that myself a couple of weeks ago. Now all that’s left is to go and enjoy!:mickey:

Thank God we’re not religious and know no one with kids really. :laugh: I cannot imagine $150-200 as a gift for a kid that wasn’t even mine. :blink:

trust me its outrageous, these parents throw these parties like its a wedding, its out of control i have no idea how it all started, and it just snowballs from there, kwim…

Kinda like “My Big Fat Communion Party”?:happy:

Congratulations on the PIF!

SWEET!!! The Disney Payment Plan is how we afford to go too - I love it!! Congratulations! :heart:

[QUOTE=llama;1082515]Kinda like “My Big Fat Communion Party”?:happy:

Congratulations on the PIF![/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh:
yep

and thank you!!

Thank you!!!
its the only way i can do it, i wish i would have done it the last 3 trips prior to this one, i would have had hardly any bills to pay kwim?

Wow! I cannot believe that you can get that much from 1st communion:eek:

Let’s keep this in the proper perspective… ditch throwing a party and use the money you’s spend and go to Disney World:laugh:

Congrats on getting the bill down in advance. That is always a great feeling.

[QUOTE=simplytall;1082528]Wow! I cannot believe that you can get that much from 1st communion:eek:

Let’s keep this in the proper perspective… ditch throwing a party and use the money you’s spend and go to Disney World:laugh:

Congrats on getting the bill down in advance. That is always a great feeling.[/QUOTE]

lol i hear ya!!
that’s why i told my kids NO BIG PARTIES, its either 1 or the other.

I am a minister and have never heard of a party or gifts for communion. I must be in the wrong denomination.

I will say $150.00 for a gift! :ohmy: I rarely see people get that for weddings. You are very generous.

[QUOTE=cubsblue;1082550]I am a minister and have never heard of a party or gifts for communion. I must be in the wrong denomination.

I will say $150.00 for a gift! :ohmy: I rarely see people get that for weddings. You are very generous.[/QUOTE]

that’s how the Italians do it :blush: at least in my family, trust meeeeeeeeeeee i rather spend it on other things.
i turned down going to a communion because it was in a big fancy hall w.a dj and all and i knew i wouldn’t be able to afford a decent gift.

I know exactly what you mean!!! NYC, LI and Northern Jersey are crazy when it comes to communion, baptism, sweet 16 and wedding gifts.

nothing like see Balance due is $0.00

oh def!!! for sure!!! :ohmy:

That is a great idea paying every week. I am trying to teach my daughter more about money and I have a great idea how to use that! I am thinking of making our next year’s ressies and make her help me make sure every week is paid. Great idea! Congrats, have a great trip!

thank you!!!
there were times i couldn’t stick with the 60.00 payment, only because of other bills getting in the way, :laugh: or a bday party, etc. but i always tried to double up the next time if i could…
i wish i didn’t have to charge the balance but :blush: i think i did pretty good.

good luck w/your payment plan!!!