"Working" at WDW...I have a hair question!

Hello all!

I just found out which weeks I will be training at WDW. I leave June 12th and will be there for 3 weeks! Obviously, this is the longest amount of time I have ever stayed at WDW! Being that I will be there in July with 100 degree days and 100% humidity, I need to know what to do about my HAIR :blink:.

I have wavy/curlyish hair that I straighten all winter/spring and fall. Mix in 100% humidity (or anything over 50%!) and my hair is a FRIZZY MESS :ohmy:. Since I need to be presentable all day long, what the heck can I use for my hair to make it somewhat manageable, and not so frizzy?? When I go to WDW in the summer, I usually put it in a pony at some point after I get to the parks. :laugh: A frizzy pony is SO not professional, so I need HELP!!!

What type of product do you use in your hair that will help the friziness??? For 3 weeks??? Should I spend the crazy amount of money a salon charges to professionally straighten it? I have NEVER done anything crazy to my hair at all! I never even dyed it !!! I am at a loss and will accept ANY advice you can give!

THANKS!!! :happy:

I have very curly/wavy hair, too, and have found that Infusium 64 Leave In conditioner works wonders. It is sold in drug stores and Costco in LARGE bottles, it is like water, not a thick conditioner. I put it in a spray bottle and coat my hair in it…it helps alot, but may not be your sole solution. I live in Memphis and it is pretty much 90-100 and very humid in July and August every year…it may not work all day for loose hair, but it should definitely tame a pony and keep the pulled back hair smooth. Obviously try it before you go to see how you like it. The nice thing about it is that it makes your hair very soft and gets rid of the friz. I have also used Friz-Ease, which is a clear thick gel like product (not sticky, though) that also works pretty well; you can use both at the same time and your hair will not feel gross.

BTW, I am so jealous and would love to train and/or work at WDW! What a great opportunity - good luck!

My friend on CP went and spent an INSANE amout to get her hair straightened and it did not work well in the Fla. weather. She was suuuper mad.

Have you tried like a low bun on the nape of your neck? You can make that look professional. . .

I don’t know. My hair is usually straight, but in Fla its curly. I use Herbal Essences “Totally Twisted” moose and hairspray. It smells good and does not leave my hair looking “wet” which would drive me nuts!

IDK, I haven’t ever seen your hair in person, but I would say while you are in Fla you want to embrace your curls rather than try to make them go away! haha. Good luck!

Also, will you have to conform to “Disney Look” standards? If so you will want to check out approved hairstyles.

I’ve lived in FL for 4 years and I have very curly frizzy hair that I fought and fought . . . UNTIL I met this hairdresser and she told me about “Catwalk Curls Rock” IT IS THE BEST!!! :heart:

You can get it at your hairdresser and I even saw it at Publix the other day.

Catwalk Products

You leave it in your hair, let it almost air dry and then use a diffuser on low setting. Gives you rockin’ curls . . . the best I’ve ever had! :laugh:

Yes, I have to conform to the “Disney Look”. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw a whole booklet describing the Disney Look in my packet! :laugh: It didn’t say anything about “approved hairstyles”, it just said it can’t be anything too “extreme”. It even says that light hairspray is “allowed” to keep hair in place. HA!!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;968981]I’ve lived in FL for 4 years and I have very curly frizzy hair that I fought and fought . . . UNTIL I met this hairdresser and she told me about “Catwalk Curls Rock” IT IS THE BEST!!! :heart:

You can get it at your hairdresser and I even saw it at Publix the other day.

Catwalk Products

You leave it in your hair, let it almost air dry and then use a diffuser on low setting. Gives you rockin’ curls . . . the best I’ve ever had! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I am going to try this stuff!!!

Yeah, its nuts! Just an FYI, unless they have changed it (its been two years), you cannot wear capri length pants. I bought two suits from The Limited that were really nice and sorta expensive. I was not allowed to wear them. Well, you can wear them if you wear panty hose under them. Really though? Who wants to wear panty hose under their capris?!?

Disney Look is crazy!

I live in Cali…So I dont know how it would hold up in Florida, but Garnier Fructis has some nice anti-frizz hair products. Check out Target, they carry a lot of those products.

As far as I know of, Capris pants are not allowed unless it is a specific part of your on-stage costume or unless you work in Management sometimes you can get away with it. But in General its either knee high skirts, a business professional dress or dress pants for Women.

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;968999]Yeah, its nuts! Just an FYI, unless they have changed it (its been two years), you cannot wear capri length pants. I bought two suits from The Limited that were really nice and sorta expensive. I was not allowed to wear them. Well, you can wear them if you wear panty hose under them. Really though? Who wants to wear panty hose under their capris?!?

Disney Look is crazy![/QUOTE]

According to my booklet, we can’t wear Capris AT ALL!!! But I CAN wear Business/Walking Shorts with a jacket?? :confused: Whey the heck can’t I wear Capris??? :laugh::laugh:

Here is the BEST humidity control I have found. I have course/wavy hair that I straighten most of the time. I used this on my last few trips to WDW and it really worked for me, even with a daytime down poor/shower!

Aveda - products that nurture. collections. smooth infusion™. smooth infusion™ style-prep smoother™

Aveda - products that nurture. shop by solution. hair. smooth/straightening. recommended after drying. light elements™ smoothing fluid

No hair advice but what will you be doing at WDW? You must keep us posted with details because we all want to live vicariously through you!

[QUOTE=BDavis932;969003]Here is the BEST humidity control I have found. I have course/wavy hair that I straighten most of the time. I used this on my last few trips to WDW and it really worked for me, even with a daytime down poor/shower!

Aveda - products that nurture. collections. smooth infusion™. smooth infusion™ style-prep smoother™

Aveda - products that nurture. shop by solution. hair. smooth/straightening. recommended after drying. light elements™ smoothing fluid[/QUOTE]

Thank you SO MUCH. I am going to try this!

I will be training to be a DVC Sales Guide. :happy:

I have no advise on the hair front and I have the so-straight-won’t-hold-a-curl hair.

But I’d love to hear more about your job!! And if I’m prying too much or you can’t answer then feel free not to answer! I just think that selling DVC is a fantastic job!! And it’s if its something you love, like dvc, then you’ll love your job too!!

Do they pay for your lodging and food? Will you get to go to the parks on your downtime? Where will you be staying while you are training?

We’ll (just DH and I) will be in SSR your last week there! From Aug 2-6, so if you are around there and in Artist’s Palette we may bump into you!

No hair advice, but I have to laugh, not at you at all, but when you wrote this it reminded me of the Friends episode when Monica and the gang vacation and her hair is this big frizzy mess! That episode made me laugh like crazy!

Um, yeah…my hair is kinda like that. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have curly frizzy hair too…what I do at WDW is typically straighten it and then put it in a low pony tail. I like to use a straightening gel when it’s still went and then blow dry it. Even though my hair is naturally very curly prefer it straight so this might not be all together helpful. When I do wear my hair curly I use Deva Curl.
It’s expensive so I rarely use it!

[QUOTE=cinderbella;969241]I have curly frizzy hair too…what I do at WDW is typically straighten it and then put it in a low pony tail. I like to use a straightening gel when it’s still went and then blow dry it. Even though my hair is naturally very curly prefer it straight so this might not be all together helpful. When I do wear my hair curly I use Deva Curl.
It’s expensive so I rarely use it![/QUOTE]

What kind of straightening gel do you use, so it doesn’t frizz up the second you walk out of your hotel room? I do my hair straight every chance I get…except for summer time. :laugh: