World of Color Query

DD (24) and her cousin (19) is going to Disneyland in mid-August for the first time. She is spending one day at California Adventure. Does she need the Dining package to see World of Color?? When do the Fastpasses normally run out each day (she is visiting on a Tuesday) She doesn’t want to do the box-lunch because the choices are not her cup of tea.

Also any other suggestions for do’s and don’ts when visiting CA for only 1 day.

Thanks

No World of Color visitors out there?

Mid-June it looked like there were still FPs available for the second showing at mid-afternoon. I’m not sure what the situation will be in August, when the crowds are larger. I’m pretty sure the FPs for the first show are gone mid-morning.

Miceage.com has a definitive WoC instruction guide on their Micechat forum.

Is she staying on-property? If so, getting FPs for WoC is no problem.

She should get her fastpass first thing in the morning! You do not need to get a meal plan, just a fastpass from the distribution area to the right of the main entrance, by Grizzly River Run.

She should be able to cover everything in a day: Get to California Adventure when they open and grab her World of Color Fastpass first. She should probably hop on either Little Mermaid or Toy Story first, since both are extremely popular, and neither have fastpasses. Besides the obvious rides (Soarin’, Tower of Terror), there are some overlooked attractions. Silly Symphony Swings, Mickey’s Fun Wheel (swinging gondolas), and Bug’s Land are a lot of fun. Don’t miss the Monster’s Inc ride or Aladdin show, and The Art of Animation building is my favorite! It looks plain outside, but once you wander in, you’ll love it!

To eat, there is the Pacific Wharf area, with a lot of options. Or the newly opened Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta or Paradise Garden Grill (both sound really good)

I would say grab dinner and head to WOC viewing area early. You are assigned to a color section on your Fastpass, but once in your section, it’s a free for all. If she gets there early, she can stake out a spot and eat her dinner while waiting.

Hope that helps!

I was wondering the same thing. I also wanted to know how far in advance do we need to camp out to get good seats? I have a 4 and 2 yr old and I want to make sure they can be close and see everything!

Since the area is closed until about 45 min or half an hour before showtime, it might be good to get there around that time. Once into you’re assigned color section, it’s a free-for all. We like to pick up our food and take it with us, then we sit around eating until showtime. Each section is different, so it’s hard to say what the best viewing area is. Once in, I usually ask a CM and they haven’t given me bad advice yet.

Close = wet! Maybe with ponchos?

Well when you get a fastpass at the beginning of the day it will tell you the section you will be in (red,yellow,blue…). But if you get the really good (if you would like to get soaked) seats (yellow?), you will want to get there early because you will want to get the best possible seats in your section.

WishUponAStar did not believe me when I told her we were going to get wet. She kept saying that the signs didn’t really mean we were going to get wet. Well let me tell you, we didn’t really get any pictures from the first show we went to because we were soaked and our cameras would have been ruined… But I loved the show and would definitely get wet again to see it.

Now if we can just get them to bring this awesome show to WDW!

For the World of Color you don’t need to buy a dinner package I haven’t tried it but I am not planning on it on our next trip it doesn’t seem worth it to me:dry:. I will either eat before or after. But I would recommend going first thing when you get to the park in the morning because fastpasses WILL go fast:eek:! :excl:You cannot choose which section you get to sit in but when you give your tickets to the CM you are guaranteed to get seats together.:biggrin:

I did the Ariels Grotto package for $39.99 July 23rd 2011. I was Front row Touching the fence. Its a very good idea to get the dinner package because you beat 95% of the crowd. eat your dinner around 5 30 then they open the gates at 745 and the premieum seating viewing area doesnt open until 8:30.

its well worth every penny and YOU WILL GET wet when scar comes out… its pretty awesome… totally do it the WOC first come first serve fastpasses are savagey you have to get them when the park OPENS at 10am at grizzly river run and its a waste IMO. i would jsut do the dinner package. worth it beyond measures…no need to camp out

[QUOTE=bransworld;1089950]WishUponAStar did not believe me when I told her we were going to get wet. She kept saying that the signs didn’t really mean we were going to get wet. Well let me tell you, we didn’t really get any pictures from the first show we went to because we were soaked and our cameras would have been ruined… But I loved the show and would definitely get wet again to see it.

Now if we can just get them to bring this awesome show to WDW![/QUOTE]

Good luck with WDW i had a waterproof camera. WDW will never get it. Ariels undersea adventure isnt going to be there until 2013. Getting wet is worth but dont insult Disneyland when you say “now if only WDW can get this show” you guys took our Electrical parade you can have the dang parade. World of Color stays with us… thats California Adventure exclusive you just took our electrical parade! what more do you want? YOU WDWs are always taking things from us!

My daughter and I are heading over there in Jan 2012 - Do you need to pay for WOC ? From looking at the DL site there is a cost involved $39 (but this maybe if getting a meal package). I have noticed from some of these posts that we can Fast Pass and go into sections where it’s every man woman and child for themselves to get a good spot. Please advise … thanks :wacko:

You do NOT need to pay for WOC. You CAN pay, if you want to get a meal package (those are probably the $39 per person you mention) or you can get the WOC picnic for about $15 per person. These options get you a FastPass for the show of your choice, and put you in a decent sitting area.

If you don’t pay, you can get a fastpass two other ways:

1. You stay at the resort. Line up to get into DCA at the Grand Californian entrance. Cast members will be there handing out FPs to the people in line if you show your room key (which is the only way you’ll get into the park using that entrance… although that may only be true for first thing in the morning).

2. You get a fastpass from the FP machine. This could end you up anywhere in the viewing area. I can’t imagine that it will be a hugely competitive venture in January, but do pick them up early. The FP machines spit out all of the first show, and then all of the second show.

Hope that helps.

It’s not an insult. ???

WOC isn’t going anywhere- that’s serious infrastructure. It’s not exactly mobile.

What’s wrong with WDW choosing to install it on their own?

WDW didn’t take the Electrical Parade. DL wasn’t using it, DCA couldn’t use it with the WOC shows. (And even when Disneyland Resort was using it, it wasn’t on Main Street… so I can’t get too excited about not having it).

Thanks for the info

Ok Andrea, answer me this. Will it be showing on Nov. 3, or 4th? I can’t seem to find it on the schedule on the Disneyland page.

Sadly, they haven’t released the entertainment schedule for November yet. However, they have been showing it nightly:smile: Hopefully it will remain the same. Or…they may change it because you are going:tongue:

And that’s just driving me up the wall because I was very busy trying to plan a pretend trip for November! :laugh:

I really do wonder what’s taking so long.

But I haven’t read anywhere that it WON’T be going on, so that’s encouraging, right?

[QUOTE=Andrea;1091313]And that’s just driving me up the wall because I was very busy trying to plan a pretend trip for November! :laugh:

I really do wonder what’s taking so long.

But I haven’t read anywhere that it WON’T be going on, so that’s encouraging, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, encouraging indeed. :slight_smile: