Worthless mail today:planning DVD

In today’s mail, there was a surprise. A WDW vacation planning DVD for our upcoming October vacation. Maybe they should have gotten it out sooner, like closer to when I made the reservation? After all, part of planning is dining reservations, and these days, you’ve got to make those plans more than two months in advance!
I guess I’ll watch the DVD one of these days, seeing as they went to the expense and trouble of sending it to me, as well as the production, mastering, and duplicating of the DVD. But I find it beyond ironic that I’d even get one, seeing as my planning was done before I booked the room.:laugh:
Well that and my 25 overnight stays in WDW since 2001.:laugh:

What? I have secretly ordered a Disney Vacation Planning DVD to be delivered to my boyfriend’s house and it still hasn’t arrived… I suppose you have to make a reservation now? Why the forms, then?

I requested information about DVC and received a gorgeous bound book with loads of pictures. I’m not even sure we can even become a member and I am shocked they went to the expense of making a book.

DVC is different… that material isn’t seasonal. The DVDs are supposed to change eventually for the new “year” at WDW/DL.

I got something along those lines at a strange time as well- it was like the week of my trip and I finally get my initial paperwork.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;874388]In today’s mail, there was a surprise. A WDW vacation planning DVD for our upcoming October vacation. Maybe they should have gotten it out sooner, like closer to when I made the reservation? After all, part of planning is dining reservations, and these days, you’ve got to make those plans more than two months in advance!
I guess I’ll watch the DVD one of these days, seeing as they went to the expense and trouble of sending it to me, as well as the production, mastering, and duplicating of the DVD. But I find it beyond ironic that I’d even get one, seeing as my planning was done before I booked the room.:laugh:
Well that and my 25 overnight stays in WDW since 2001.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I thought you had to order those :blink:
The last somewhat enjoyable planning DVD was around 2004. Yes, it had those 4 hosts in there and Luke was a tad bit annoying, but compared to the ones that followed it was good. The ones that followed are really a waste o’ time

[QUOTE=Dopey;874634]I thought you had to order those :blink:
The last somewhat enjoyable planning DVD was around 2004. Yes, it had those 4 hosts in there and Luke was a tad bit annoying, but compared to the ones that followed it was good. The ones that followed are really a waste o’ time[/QUOTE]

That is true! That was the first trip I planned for Disney and that DVD was the best. It really made you excited to be going. Luke was annoying but every time I want to take a nap on a bench in the parks, I think of him. I guess Stacy is the star now !

Earlier this year I ordered one. We received it. I thought it was worthless. It really didn’t tell me anything. I think there might have been something wrong with it. I tossed it. I hope next years is better.

Has the DVD changed or is it the same one from 2007? The one with the clouds on the front and they really promote the YOMD celebration?

I really don’t remember. I watched it but since it was as near to nothing as it could get. I tossed it the same day I got it.

What? I love vacation planning videos… they don’t tell me anything I don’t know, but I enjoy the WDW footage. We pop a vacation planning video in whenever we’re packing to get us in the Disney spirit. I collect them. We have every video (well, dvd, now) since 1998.

I do too, but I enjoy the 2004 one better than the ones that followed it:blush:

It really does take a long time to get the DVD Planning kit. I don’t really think it tells you much information on it either. But it is helpful to some in deciding where to stay.

I loved the 2004 with all the hosts. I love Erin, she is just so cute I think. I really need to find that DVD because I think it explains a lot more than the YOMD one.

I wish they would come out with a new one.

Me, too because it came with that CD-Rom. I got a lot of use out of that…

I really think something was wrong with mine. It was extremely short. Had very little WDW footage. It seems like it was more about the DVC which we are not interested in. I thought perhaps I could click on different links like you do in most DVDs but this one wouldn’t change or anything.

I always watch that one…the one for YOMD isn’t as fun to watch.

True, at least on the 2004 one they pretended to show everyone what’s going on. The YOMD was a really bad commercial :laugh:

My YoMD DVD had a lot of seperate sections that you had to find navigating through the menu, which was a tad bit annoying. I did like the kids guide to WDW that was included… they gave like 6 kids Disney cell phones and video cameras and “let them loose” in WDW (however, obviously they were all paid actors and actresses). It would be entertaining for kids (however, I was incredibly envious of them :glare: :laugh:).

Now… Arg! :pirate: I have ordered a Disney Cruise Line DVD and a WDW DVD and neither have arrived!!!

They are good for a Disney fix!!

:donald::goofybounce::minnie::goofy: