Would you ever

Would you ever go to WDW by yourself?

If so what would you do that you can’t do with your normal touring group?

I would Stay at AKL Club Level.
I would do the breakfast safari.
I would sit and wait the 2 hours for the perfect spot to watch Illuminations. Eat and people watch while I wait!
I would do the Behind the Seeds tour.
I would visit EVERY nook and cranney of EVERY courntry at Epcot.
I would ride single rider at every ride at WDW!
I would go to the spa at GF!
I would eat at Victoria & Alberts Chef Table.

I think thats it but the creator of this list reserves the right to change and/or add ideas as others reply to this post!

Lisa

Edits:
Thanks to littlemissmagic: Explore Fort Wilderness and sneak into the River Country ruins

What a great question! I have never officially gone to WDW by myself but when I did the College Program, I would sometimes go to the parks and DTD by myself on my days off. It was always such a great way to soak in the atmosphere. Here is what I would do on a trip by myself:

• Stay in a Boardwalk Inn Garden Cottage
  • Have a Beaches and Cream Sundae for dinner
  • Take AT LEAST one of the special tours - probably the Backstage Magic all day one
  • End every day with Illuminations
  • Eat breakfast from the Boardwalk Bakery outside on the Boardwalk
  • Just sit on Main Street with a box of popcorn and people watch
  • Chat with some of the International Program and College Program CMs about their experiences

I don’t have questions to list but answers.

I would only like to do WDW with my family. I like to share the experience so I don’t think I would go alone. I would like to spend a bit of time shopping on my own. Which is never a problem.

Nothing about AKL makes me happy. I personally find it to out of the way and to big. So no I would never stay there and probably wouldn’t do a breakfast safari. I would also not waste 2 hours for a spot to watch anything ever… in or out of WDW.

I like the Disney Tours so I would probably take the seed tour. I did Keys of the Kingdom once and loved it. I hope to do more tours of different areas in the future. I think my sister and dad did the seed tour years ago and really liked it.

I love the countries in EPCOT so I would love to take time and really explore them.

Now that I have kids I would not say no to a Spa at GF or dinner at V&A.

Definitely. This sounds bad, but the people with me always annoy me after so many "where are we going"s, "what is that ride about"s, and "I’m hungry"s.

I’m not sure where I’d stay, but AKL savannah view sounds good. Or maybe the Contemporary. Or I’d like to stay at BLT and find a fellow MBer who is a DVC member and visit the Top of the World lounge! :laugh:
Take the Backstage Magic tour.
Maybe eat with an Imagineer, again. I did that by myself, anyway.
Explore Fort Wilderness and sneak into the River Country ruins.
Watch the fireworks from the Polynesian beach.
People watch.
Go to Meet & Greets. Maybe a December trip so I could meet the AllEars team.

I’ll probably think of more. :happy:

I didn’t exactly go by myself - but last March I did fly down to meet up with my husband who was golfing at Sawgrass. I had a day and a half on my own and I have to admit I was a little nervous about it. But it turned out GREAT!

I went to Epcot and did every single show in World Showcase and I timed it so that I could watch all the street performers too. I shopped in every shop, had a glass of wine in France and people-watched. Had fish 'n chips in England without having to listen to my husband say “do you know how much fat there is in that?” We were staying at Kidani Village, so I even had a great time there watching the animals on the Savannah. Sometimes it’s nice to be alone. You don’t have to please anyone but yourself.

If I had more time I would have visited the spa; shop everywhere and lie by the pool. I’d go to every single parade, because my dh hates the parades and I never get to see them.

Absolutely. I’d stay at the Contemporary and I’d just do whatever I wanted to do. I’d have a loose plan for “which park(s), which days”, but other than that… whatever strikes my fancy at the time.

I’d be all commando in the morning because I am just constitutionally incapable of anything else. The idea of all those shorter lines is just too enticing and I am too bothered by the idea of missing out on them!

I probably wouldn’t do many big table service meals, and I don’t think Victoria & Albert would be fun without a partner to talk about the food with. (Heck, I’d probably just eat every meal at the Tangierine Cafe and be happy. So perhaps I should stay at Beach Club instead! It’d be a much shorter trip to my food!)

I think the spa sounds lovely and I think I’d really enjoy the “Behind the Seeds” tour. The other tours… again, I think I’d want someone to talk about them with. That’d be a fun time with DH.

I would NOT bring a book or mess with my phone or anything like that while in lines or at meals in the parks. I think that defeats the purpose. You can commune with your electronics any time- why not think some stray Disney-inspired thoughts?

I’d be judicious about the single-rider lines. Most of them would be great… but I don’t want to be put in the front row of Splash Mountain (just say WET!), and I’m very particular about where I ride Soarin’.

Ha. The only proper response to that is, “YES, and I think I might just order a second plate.” :laugh:

I did it when I went and visited my parents a few times and it was great how so many people struck up conversations with me plus I am the type just to talk to anyone also so it made for quite a different but very nice trip.

I am truly contemplating doing this right now. I have much more vacation time than dh seeing he started a new job, and I do have an annual pass, and dvc so the cost would be minimal.

I’m thinking staying at BCV so I can walk to Epcot, which I believe I would be spending the majority of my time. I LOVE the thought of going into every nook and cranny of each building, regardless of which park. With two teenage boys, all the shops get passed very quickly on their way from one ride to another. Also, love the idea just sitting and soaking in Disney.

We will see if this goes. I think it will be fun, but then again, I want dh and ds’s to see Osborne lights, so may have to take them with me in maybe November.

There are two times I went by myself.
Granted, the first time was when I was touring with John Denver and we were playing a convention at the Dolphin (second visit overall and first time on property) and because I wasn’t needed during most of the day and had a hopper ticket, I hit all three parks that day by myself. I also had my own room, but we all did. Lucky me, I didn’t have to pay for the room and half of my food was paid for as well.

The second time I went by myself, I went for an overnight so I could do the Pirate and Princess Party so I could tape fireworks. I went by myself because DW was in Chicago for a convention. I stayed at the AKL, (pool view) mostly because that was all that was available on short notice.
I ate dinner in the MK at Cosmic Ray’s and had breakfast at Boma. I don’t recall what else I did. I’ve also gone up for a couple solo day trips.
Twice while on our annual anniversary vacations DW was ill and couldn’t do dinner.
So, one year I ate dinner alone at Narcoossee’s and took her back a creme brulee. I also nearly didn’t make it back to the Contemporary because I caught the last monorail of the night at 10:50. IF I’d missed that, I would have either had to take a taxi or bus down to DTD and then back to the Contemporary.
Two years later, ON OUR ANNIVERSARY:crying: again, she wasn’t feeling we and we had reservations at Artist Point (we were staying at WL so no worries about getting back) I ate alone and took her dinner back to the room (which went home in the cooler). This was after eating breakfast alone at Crystal Palace. Luckily Pooh kept me company for a while.
It felt worse eating by myself knowing my wife was back in the room, but everyone has to eat and when you’re on the dining plan, if you don’t eat, you’re throwing money in the garbage.
Even when she’s feeling well, I often go to parks myself because she just feels like sleeping and we both feel it’s just stupid for me to hang around the room doing nothing.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1040737]Explore Fort Wilderness and sneak into the River Country ruins.
[/QUOTE]

Stealing this idea…thanks! :smile:

I wouldnt do a vacation by myself. dh gives in to me to do whatever i want anyway. what are the river country ruins?

River Country, which has been closed since the early 90s, is very much still intact. It’s hidden from guests, but some have managed to find their way and sneak in for some exploring.

After Wish went that one trip, I was intrigued, but being a mom of three, cannot imagine my trip to the world without my family. However, that said, I do believe that I could be easily persuaded to take an alone trip with DH!

I wasn’t really alone in 2002 but my DW took ill with a bladder infection. Disney contacted our family doctor who prescribed some meds. Unfortunately one of the precautions were ‘avoid direct sunlight’! Hello? We were in Florida. In July!. Anyways, she got even sicker and spent a few days at the hotel. This allowed my son (then 11) and I to spend some special time together. It was weird doing stuff without my wife but yet really nice.

I would do Disney by myself, But when I got home I would be living by myself when DW tossed all my stuff to the curb. LOL

I think I would hop from resort to resort checking out all the decorations and themes. Then ride the monorail from one random spot to the next…family doesn’t like the monorail…I know what’s up with that right!!! And of course, find a spot to people watch and just wait on the fireworks to start.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1040737]Definitely. This sounds bad, but the people with me always annoy me after so many "where are we going"s, "what is that ride about"s, and "I’m hungry"s.

I’m not sure where I’d stay, but AKL savannah view sounds good. Or maybe the Contemporary. Or I’d like to stay at BLT and find a fellow MBer who is a DVC member and visit the Top of the World lounge! :laugh:
Take the Backstage Magic tour.
Maybe eat with an Imagineer, again. I did that by myself, anyway.
Explore Fort Wilderness and sneak into the River Country ruins.
Watch the fireworks from the Polynesian beach.
People watch.
Go to Meet & Greets. Maybe a December trip so I could meet the AllEars team.

I’ll probably think of more. :happy:[/QUOTE]

Please tell me more about River Country…what is/was this? (sorry if this is considered hijacking a post :confused:)

Here’s a recent thread about River Country - http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/other-wdw-areas/55290-river-country.html

Sharon has been by herself twice when I could not go, and I was there once for 3 days prior to Sharon getting there. I did a lot of people watching, visited countries in EPCOT that Sharon does not have an interest in, ate at restaurants that we would not normally eaten at, and just relaxed. Last year went to Vegas to 5 days by myself and saw family and friends.