Wow! Parks Are Packed!

Just a heads up for you guys. I know you all like to stay up to date on crowd reports. It’s the middle of February and we’ve been EXTREMELY busy this week. Every day we’ve been sooooo busy at MK they’ve been adding a second spectro every night! In February! Meaning at least 40,000 people in the park! People seem to really be jumping on the free on your birthday or buy 4 days get 3 days free incentives.

I know ya’ll don’t like crowds like me, so just be prepared. If things are selling out and booking in the middle of February, you can only imagine what it’ll be like during our “busy” seasons. This year the attendance will be unbelievable for WDW!

Thanks Rowdy we will be there this weekend. Where are you gonna be?

So weird, because last week crowds were really light. I thought the President’s Day weekend would bring a lot kids and school groups. Glad to hear attendance is up though.

Disneyland seemed busier this week too. I was there last week and walked on to most attractions but yesterday. I went back to do some shopping and everything seemed somewhat busy for a February weekday. I think its a President’s day phenomenon.

It’s school vacation week in many places this week! That may add to the crowds.

Friday-Off
Saturday-MJJ into double Spectro
Sunday-MISICI into CDCT

I know Presidents Day may have had something to do with it, but in the 5 years I’ve been here never has President’s Day been like it is now. Especially the middle of the week.

This seems to be exactly the opposite news that is in another thread about how the parks profits are down 32 percent so they are planning to lay off a lot of corporate CMs. I wonder if they have just done too good a job of marketing the special travel deals to the point that they have attendance up but revenue down?

I am so glad to see this thread RR!!!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;936605]This seems to be exactly the opposite news that is in another thread about how the parks profits are down 32 percent so they are planning to lay off a lot of corporate CMs. I wonder if they have just done too good a job of marketing the special travel deals to the point that they have attendance up but revenue down?

I am so glad to see this thread RR!!![/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing . . . altho with the $99 two park pass for Fl. residents, that is going to help. I mean where else can you go and get SO MUCH (fireworks, parades, entertainment and rides) for $50/day??? It’s a smashing deal! :happy::happy:

If my wife didn’t teach we would have taken the 3 nights free promo in a heartbeat…WDW is not offering that during busy times, so busy times might actually show a decrease in this economy.

That may be true, but Disney might surprise us with what they offer. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Yea, my guess is that people are coming out of the woodwork for the President’s Day weekend - and the special deals!

Definitely don’t want Disney to suffer, so I am glad it is busy. But the selfish part of me is hoping ALOT of people are getting their Disney fix via the deals and during busy time more expensive times it lightens up more than usual…just me cause I am going 12/26/2009 - 01/02/2010.

I’m glad its busy too considering the current economic climate-busy can only be good. One explanation is that we here in the UK have a school holiday this week too- that may contribute a little to the crowds maybe?

School vacation week in MA, which may add to the crowds.

Disney recently extended the offer through to August…maybe a trip is in your future after all!!

nope - we are booked for Christmas - New Year. Still might work to my favor, if everyone takes advantage of the deals now.

Sorry - missed that post about travelling over Christmas…I thought you were considering summer when you commented on “busier times”, a lot of teachers we know travel during Spring Break and Summer. Hope you have a great trip!

Wow that’s crazy! I hate crowds…:dry: But you know, as long as I’m at Disney I won’t complain.

Thanks for the heads-up Rowdy!

…Let’s hope those crowds die out in 2 weeks…:huh: