Writing for a new Disney magazine

So I got a volunteered job writing articles for a new Disney magazine called Mousemag (im sure some of you would have heard about it) anyway, my goal is to write about a different Disney Classical film for each time the magazine is published.
I need to write one and send it in within the next 2 weeks ready to publish for December. Im super excited about this as I know my Classical Disney inside out…and all I need to do is write about the story, characters, history and stuff along them lines so I think it will be a doddle and a pleasure!
Im just trying to think what my best bet would be to use as my first article, wondering if anyone has any ideas what they would like to read about in the first magazine?

Im thinking either one of the very early films like Snow White or Jungle Book…or something like Peter Pan which is one of my faves and I know down to a tee! Either way, I could write about any for hours on end so I know I wont be stuck…but I just wanted a kind of INSIDE view of what viewers would like to read about first so thought where better to find out than MouseBuzz :slight_smile:

So, just comment away with your views! Oh, the magazine is going to be internet based for the time being and free to read, it comes out in December and I will post more about it nearer the time :smiley:

Sounds awesome. I would like to hear about anything!

This sounds like something I should be doing too! Disney + Writing = my perfect job lol! If you want some interesting info for your articles try watching the films (if you have them on dvd!) with the commentaries, I’ve picked up some interesting tidbits this way!

EDIT: any chance you could send me a link over to the mag? I can’t seem to find any info anywhere and would love to take a look to see if they need any other volunteers! I need to start putting my degree and Masters to use haha!

[QUOTE=Campbell87;1056801]This sounds like something I should be doing too! Disney + Writing = my perfect job lol! If you want some interesting info for your articles try watching the films (if you have them on dvd!) with the commentaries, I’ve picked up some interesting tidbits this way!

EDIT: any chance you could send me a link over to the mag? I can’t seem to find any info anywhere and would love to take a look to see if they need any other volunteers! I need to start putting my degree and Masters to use haha![/QUOTE]

I only have them all on video!! I dont know why but when it comes to Disney classics I cant let go of my VHS classics and replace them with dvds haha. But thanks for the tip :smiley:

I dont think its up and running yet as It comes out in December…that was all the information I was told so I dont know if its JUST december or if it carries on. I got the impression it will carry on as I was asked if I could do a different classic movie each week so im assuming there will be more than 1, and was told that it will be internet based so far BUT may be printed…so yes i think there will be more than just the one issue.
The way I found out about it was I have Adam Goodger as a friend on facebook…add him asap if you have Facebook! He runs the Disney Brit Podcast, co founder of Eye On Orlando podcast and also arranges the Mouse Meets. He had his status asking if anyone was interested in writing for the mag and to message him or email him at - podcast@disneybrit.com and tell him your ideas of what you can write about or any existing articles you have already written.

I havent done anything like this before, but I gave him alot of ideas of what I can write about and he messaged me back saying he was interested and if I could just write about a Disney Classic each week which was ace. So even if you dont have Facebook you can still email him with your ideas :slight_smile: Good Luck and let me know how it goes!

[QUOTE=FirstLostGirl;1056792]So I got a volunteered job writing articles for a new Disney magazine called Mousemag (im sure some of you would have heard about it) anyway, my goal is to write about a different Disney Classical film for each time the magazine is published.
I need to write one and send it in within the next 2 weeks ready to publish for December. Im super excited about this as I know my Classical Disney inside out…and all I need to do is write about the story, characters, history and stuff along them lines so I think it will be a doddle and a pleasure!
Im just trying to think what my best bet would be to use as my first article, wondering if anyone has any ideas what they would like to read about in the first magazine?

Im thinking either one of the very early films like Snow White or Jungle Book…or something like Peter Pan which is one of my faves and I know down to a tee! Either way, I could write about any for hours on end so I know I wont be stuck…but I just wanted a kind of INSIDE view of what viewers would like to read about first so thought where better to find out than MouseBuzz :slight_smile:

So, just comment away with your views! Oh, the magazine is going to be internet based for the time being and free to read, it comes out in December and I will post more about it nearer the time :D[/QUOTE]

That sounds great, good luck and happy writing…

here is the link for anyone who was once interested in reading Mousemag! 3 Issues so far, wrote for all three my articles are about the Classic films written by Justine Welsh. It is online based too :slight_smile:

Since you’re witing about the classic films eac edition, why not start at the first - Snow White - and write about them in order. That way, at least from a film lovers perspective, a reader can learn about changes etc … get a feel for how Disney films change over time. Just a thought …

BTW … forgot to mention in above post, I think you’ve scored yourself a sweet volunteer position, FirstLost Girl, I would love to do something like that.

Thank you I really enjoy it!!
And for the above comment, i know i should have done that but at the time i didnt realize :confused: I started with Peter Pan, then Snow White and my most recent being Bambi, so its quite random but I wish now that I had of done it in order but I suppose this will still be fine! :slight_smile: