Wyndham Resort Bonnet Creek

Did anyone ever stay at this resort?

3 times. What can I help with.

How is the bus service? If I’m correct is this on Disney grounds?

We enjoy the large 2 BR units. It was nice to have a seperate room to ‘retire’ the kids to when they wanted a break. Bus service runs more often than other places termed ‘off site’, but nowhere even close to the every 20 minutes WDW transportation says they will run to each resort. That said, if you do not want to drive it will do. Like everything in life, ya gotta do a little planning. We usually have the AAA blue diamond pass and drive to the parks anyway. Even when we stay on site.

WBCR is right next door to the Caribbean Beach resort. It is located on a large tract of land Walt was not able to secure. Since it is surrounded by WDW to the north, south and west, and I-4 to the east, the only way to access the resort is by going through WDW property. It is really easy to access since the Hilton resort is also across the street from WBCR.

Request a room as close to the front desk building that faces the lake. We also like to be no higher than the 3rd floor so we can take the stairs if the elevator is at the other end of the building. The amenities are pretty good but we only use the pool when we are there. If they offer you a tour tell them that you decline. It is not worth the time wasted on any bait and switch routine they want to attempt. No matter what they offer. Make sure you tell them that upon check in.

No! It is not on Disney grounds!
Bonnet Creek represents the one section of the property that Walt wanted to buy but was unable to because the owner didn’t want to sell.
When the original owner passed away, his heirs expressed their desire to sell the land to Disney, but Disney decided they no longer wanted or needed that extra land.
Hilton eventually bought the land. Unfortunately for Disney, this parcel is considered an “island” because it is surrounded by Disney’s private property on three sides and bordered by I-4 on the 4th side. As the State of Florida has no desire to build a special access exit from I-4 into the property, Disney is compelled to allow Bonnet Creek visitors and employees access to their property from Walt Disney World, in this case, the entrance on Buena Vista Drive.

(We had a similar problem with an island parcel inside our condo community that was never owned by our condo. The original developer retained the land with the intention of building three more buildings, but went out of business and sold the land to another developer. The new developer wanted to build a new condominium inside of our boundaries and not be part of our condo. When we tried to stop the development, we were informed that we could not stop them and even worse, we had to allow the new condo to have complete access to our roadways and gates)

So, Disney has no connection to Hilton’s Bonnet Creek Resort and Disney Transport does not serve Bonnet Creek.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1081991]No! It is not on Disney grounds!
Bonnet Creek represents the one section of the property that Walt wanted to buy but was unable to because the owner didn’t want to sell.
When the original owner passed away, his heirs expressed their desire to sell the land to Disney, but Disney decided they no longer wanted or needed that extra land.
Hilton eventually bought the land. Unfortunately for Disney, this parcel is considered an “island” because it is surrounded by Disney’s private property on three sides and bordered by I-4 on the 4th side. As the State of Florida has no desire to build a special access exit from I-4 into the property, Disney is compelled to allow Bonnet Creek visitors and employees access to their property from Walt Disney World, in this case, the entrance on Buena Vista Drive.

(We had a similar problem with an island parcel inside our condo community that was never owned by our condo. The original developer retained the land with the intention of building three more buildings, but went out of business and sold the land to another developer. The new developer wanted to build a new condominium inside of our boundaries and not be part of our condo. When we tried to stop the development, we were informed that we could not stop them and even worse, we had to allow the new condo to have complete access to our roadways and gates)

So, Disney has no connection to Hilton’s Bonnet Creek Resort and Disney Transport does not serve Bonnet Creek.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what I said. Just with more historical background I didn’t want to include.:laugh:

Blast it Rich! This is Disney. We pay attention to detail! :slight_smile:

Well, the reason for the almost duplicate post is that I didn’t bother reading all the posts before responding.
But I know all of you didn’t know about the “island” issue.

I found it interesting the first time I heard about WBCR. I was amazed that at one point in time Disney didn’t just bite the bullet and pony up the bucks to buy the tract. Since the family wanted to sell it would have been a great place for another resort, or two or three as will now be built. Now they get to deal with the traffic that it will generate. I am sure the number of rooms that will be built will exceed anything Disney would have done on the same land. And they have no control as to the number of vehicles and busses it will bring.

We had this resort booked (until I got a great chance to use our timeshare at VWL instead) & when I researched it I got tons of positive feedback - the only negative was pushy sales people wanting you to do the tour/sales pitch.

Rich, I can agree to a point about the added traffic, but I believe that even once it’s fully built out, Bonnet Creek won’t be putting too much more pressure on WDW’s road infrastructure.

I hope you’re right. Just looking at the # of rooms approved on the built out master plan is crazy.

This is a gorgeous area. I believe the Wyndham, Hilton, and Waldorf are all back in there.
There will be loads of guests coming in and out of that one little road though. That should be interesting. If I’m correct, the Wyndham is a time share and the Hilton and Waldorf are hotels??? I think that is right.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1082632]If I’m correct, the Wyndham is a time share and the Hilton and Waldorf are hotels??? I think that is right.
Frank[/QUOTE]

Correct with the addition of a Wyndham hotel on the eastern edge of the lake the time share units sit on.

Wow, 3 hotels and a time share. Thats a lot of rooms.
Is there really only one way in and out??

Went over to the Hilton Friday for their cupcake fest.
Walked thru both Hilton and Waldorf.
Both gorgeous.

Waldorf is pricy. Checked the Bull & Bear menu.
15 oz strip steak $ 58.

Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1082639]Wow, 3 hotels and a time share. Thats a lot of rooms.
Is there really only one way in and out??

Went over to the Hilton Friday for their cupcake fest.
Walked thru both Hilton and Waldorf.
Both gorgeous.

Waldorf is pricy. Checked the Bull & Bear menu.
15 oz strip steak $ 58.

Frank[/QUOTE]

One way in, one way out. And if you go beyond the WBCR and the Hilton/Waldorf sites there is room for at least 2 or 3 more buildings/hotels.