XPass is coming?

When it states the “rollout” will be in Duluxe can we take it as that’s where it’s going to start? I don’t have an issue with the extended fp’s and special seating here but when they start on the characters and personalized attractions just for spending more on your room i’m sorry but that’s just WRONG! I mean that’s like telling a child Santa won’t come see them because they live in a mobile home or don’t have a chimney.

Disney World to enforce return times for FastPasses in March (All Ears® Guest Blog)

On the fp issue enforcing the return time on fp’s will not stop people from getting them and won’t encourage people to change their touring stratagies. They will still get them “just in case” because they’re free. It’s not like the new adr policy where you’re charged for no-shows. The only thing it’ll stop is people from using them, so they’ll still run out and many people still won’t get one. A few that currently extend the window may try to make it but most die-hards will not change not to mention the newbies not realizing the importance of that little piece of paper. There are already Hundreds wasted daily. I see that number doubling.

X-Pass makes me sad.

All I can say is that they better offer it to DVC members - at least at a discount - because we get precious few perks as it is.

I was wondering about y’all. If it’s a perk that will eventually filter down to all resort guests think I would think DVC would be incl. I feel for the kids in the non-Disney Resorts whose families just can’t swing the cost of staying on-site. I don’t think I like this change.
Even though I don’t have a problem with Deluxe getting a few extra perks I wish they would sell this as an extra, like chosing to pay extra for hard ticket or behind the scenes instead of making it the way we’ll now have to tour. Don’t base it on where you stay.
I have enough planning as it is. Having to “book” viewing spots and plan ride rotations before leaving home takes the vacation out of my vacation. I’m a go-with-the-flow gal when trying to relax.

I was reading on X-PASS, I dont like the way they are introducing it. I would most likely buy it if it was separately available. But it will just be one other thing I will have to weigh when I book a trip.
Do I nix DDP, waterparks, and Park-Hopping…and spring for Deluxe Resort to get X-Pass…?

I remember this advertised at WDW on one of our trips. They were saying we could plan, from our room, which ride at what time. I think that is pretty cool. It doesn’t eliminate spontaneity, it just helps with your touring plan.

Ughh - I couldnt imagine meeting those schedules. I have a hard enough time getting to all my ADR’s

This is beginning to stink like a politician’s diapers and needs to be changed quick, and for the same reason.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Only logical that they would start out with the high-end properties. They are the more likely place to get the Disney regulars and they would want to test this on people who are more familiar with the parks. We have all seen the common newbies that cannot grasp the current fastpass system. Can you imagine testing this at the All-Stars? I would not fault them for keeping it at the Deluxe ansd DVC levels. You pay more you get more.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1101955]I was wondering about y’all. If it’s a perk that will eventually filter down to all resort guests think I would think DVC would be incl. I feel for the kids in the non-Disney Resorts whose families just can’t swing the cost of staying on-site. I don’t think I like this change.
Even though I don’t have a problem with Deluxe getting a few extra perks I wish they would sell this as an extra, like chosing to pay extra for hard ticket or behind the scenes instead of making it the way we’ll now have to tour. Don’t base it on where you stay.
I have enough planning as it is. Having to “book” viewing spots and plan ride rotations before leaving home takes the vacation out of my vacation. I’m a go-with-the-flow gal when trying to relax.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree; I don’t think there is any need for it at all actually. I don’t like the idea of anyone in the parks feeling like they’re “second-class” guests. There really is no need for it at all.

I would not like to have to preplan for fast passes from home. It’s one thing to preplan a two hour meal, but a two min ride???

Because…? I’m sure you don’t mean that having less money and staying at All-Stars means that they’re less capable of grasping the system.

Newbies stay at all levels of resort. Plenty of Disney regulars stay at Values.

NextGen has been a long time coming. I think that some parts of it are going to be really scary and irritating for us people that are use to a Disney that runs a way we expect it to run.

I like FP but most of the times that popular rides are out so early that I have to stand in line anyway. Also I hate the have to go to the ride just or reserve a time later in the day. It usually means I have to go in the opposite direction and spend time walking back and forth more (I am a set path type of guy…not like those crazy zig zag back and forth type of guys).

From a business stand point I can understand if XPass is eventually only for guest staying on property. Disney is in business to make money and if they can offer their guest spending the most money a perk that allows them more out of the parks than go for it. What this means to me personally is that I probably will not experience it (because it is hard for me to justify staying on property when I can drive to the parks in about the same time it takes a bus from a resort to a park).

Beyond priority ride access XPass is going to give the guest so much more. I am really excited with how Disney is looking at enhancing the guest experience by customizing the park experience. Be it characters that know your name, rides that give you slight customizations, or interactive park activities Kim Possible and Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

We should be excited about NextGen. I remember when FP came out. A lot of Disney regulars were upset and concerned about that (like some are with XPass) but we all quickly adapted to it and integrated it into our visits. NextGen and Xpass are change and over time I think we will all understand them and see them as a good change that really enhances our visit.

(We are just a year or so away from new proximity standards for mobile devices. This technology integrate well into NextGen thinking. I could see the day when your mobile device allows you interact with the park and attractions…not in the make a reservation way…more in entertaining and customizing that entertainment and interacting with the park itself…RFID is a big step in that direction.)

[QUOTE=tigger;1101970]
(We are just a year or so away from new proximity standards for mobile devices. This technology integrate well into NextGen thinking. I could see the day when your mobile device allows you interact with the park and attractions…not in the make a reservation way…more in entertaining and customizing that entertainment and interacting with the park itself…RFID is a big step in that direction.)[/QUOTE]

Does this mean I’ll have to get a phone that does more than rings and loses text messages??

The “common” newbies?

We were all “common” newbies once - I can remember being totally mystified by the whole concept of Epcot on our first trip.

“Testing at the All-Stars” - as Andrea said…

We stay at DVC properties and I can assure you the perks aren’t so terrific. Maybe those at the All-Stars are a lot smarter than me.

I have seen some of the stuff that is coming down the pike concerning hotel room TV guest interaction. Channels are kind of going away…there will still be TV channels. TV’s are going to be more like mobile devices with apps. Reservations for services is just one aspect of what will be offered.

I’ve seen systems where you actually down load an app to your mobile device instead of using the in room remote and could have access to resort information from that app even when you are away from your room (this wasn’t disney it was a developer who makes tools and was pitching them those tools).

Your cable set top is going to quickly move this way in the next major upgrade to the cable systems.

Data is the platform…the hardware doesn’t matter as long as it can access and present the data.

ok - DDP took away tips and increasingly becoming about EASE and not VALUE
They give a perk to Deluxe who already have better transportation and the best accomodations possible over other Disney Resort guests…hmm

Might as well stay off property if all I am missing is EMH, which I love but not worth a few thousand bucks

Honestly? I’m still kind of mystified by the whole concept of Epcot… but I’ve decided it doesn’t have to make sense to be fun. :laugh:

No…you just won’t have a good time anymore :laugh:

:phone:

:laugh:

(really how cool would it be if a random pirate on PotC made some remark about you or someone in your group or the a Troll on Maelstrom recognized that you had ridded twice that day and said “Jo-Jo I warned you about coming back to these waters…Down the falls Down the falls!”)

Exit Canada…your smart phone vibrates with a message “are you ready to book your trip to Canada now?” :laugh::laugh::laugh: (canada :laugh:)

:laugh: Seriously - I was like - whaa is this place???:confused: But of course you are correct, sense really shouldn’t come into it at all. “Sense” really is so boring…as long as there’s wine…