Yacht Club & Beach Club-Same resort?

So we were going back and forth where we going to stay…out side of the park, AoA, half and half, a Villa?? Well, we decided Beach Club Villa, I can’t even believe it!!!
My question is, (we have never been to BC before) is the Beach Club and Yacht Club on the same property? Is it the same Resort/Villa or is it more like POR & FQ??
Thanks!!

They are inter-joined buildings with similar decor, I think the Beach Club is a little more laid back whereas the Yacht Club has more of a business feel to it. ( could be cause I stayed at them for conferences ).

The Y&BC are my favorite resort next to the Poly. I would love to get back there again. I hope you will get the chance to enjoy Stormalong Bay, BEST POOL EVER. Not that I am partial mind you.

And of course a short walk to the other side if the lagoon is the Boradwalk with all it has to offer. And right next door is the Swan and Dolphin in case you need some non-Disney food choices.

Oh and I almost forgot, it is a short walk to the back entrance to EPCOT. We loved to go over there in the evening for the fireworks, it was a couple of years before we even saw the fireworks at MK, lol.

-Harry

WOW! It sounds wonderful :wub:
We are all so excited to go.
Thanks!

Yes - What Harry Said.

They are “next door neighbours” - I guess you could borrow a cup of sugar from one or the other, if needs be. I’ve never stayed at Yacht Club, but have stayed at a villa in the BC. It’s a great resort - very casual and pretty - and of course the location can’t be beat - a five minute walk to Epcot and you can stroll around the lake to the Boardwalk. Stormalong Bay is the BEST pool (well, pool really doesn’t describe it) at WDW. The only two drawbacks we found was the bus transportation. Five different resort stops was waaay too much! Even when we were on the boat from HS we’d often get off at the Swan/Dolphin and walk - we’d always beat the boat. AND the parking situation - it’s a pain. Either a long walk or having to wait for your car to be brought around. If you don’t have a car you don’t have to worry about that.

These reasons are what keeps me away from these two. Hate to say it, but it’s true. I think it ridiculous that a resort with that price tag shares buses with all those other resorts.

I never thought about that, but you are right.

We just have always wanted to stay there because of the entrance to Epcot being so close, and also for Stormalong Bay. But we have had the frustration of the bus situation because our home resort is BWV. We have gottn off the bus at the first stop and taken boats across to save a bit of time, which works sometimes and not others.

Ah but you see this is where the park hopper comes in. You enter EPCOT from the back gate and then take the monorail to either the ticket center or the Magic Kingdom.

From the dock you can take the ferry to MGM and if your dogs are really tired you can also take the ferry to Epcots entrance. We never felt that the busses were an issue.

Animal Kingdom is the only real issue but that one takes a little longer to get to from almost all resorts.

-H

ps: I almost forgot they had opened a walking lane to MGM as well!

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1130499]Ah but you see this is where the park hopper comes in. You enter EPCOT from the back gate and then take the monorail to either the ticket center or the Magic Kingdom.

[/QUOTE]

It is a seriously long walk from the International Gateway and the monorail station! That wouldn’t make our short list of things to do LOL. But yes, the Friendship Launches to HS and EC are nice.

I do agree that the park hopper could be used to it’s advantage at that resort, but I would never make it to EMH at MK without taking a cab. That being said, the closeness to both Epcot and DHs still makes me tempted. The buses scare me away in the end. I am never one to want more than what I pay for and I don’t think I am entitled to anything special, but when you are paying over $350 a night for a room, you should not share buses with all those resorts. I think it should be two resorts max. Just seems wrong to me some how. Still…I am tempted:laugh:

Dana- I am tempted to stay anywhere down there…

Beats drudgery here at home, lol

…we don’t even share buses at PO…unless you are going to DTD…That just doesn’t seem “right” somehow…I wonder why they make you share so many stops there???

In all of our stays at Beach Club the only time we have shared a bus with all five resorts is going to and from Downtown Disney. Other than that we have never once shared a bus with all five Epcot Resorts. We usually go to Downtown Disney once a trip so it isn’t a big deal to us. It’s not the best situation but we can deal with it one time, walking to Epcot and HS more than makes up for it.

I think the amount of stops depends on the time of year you go and crowd level. We stayed there in September, with very low crowds, and the buses stopped at all the other resorts. It really didn’t take that long because they were so close to each, and like I said, it wasn’t crowded so there weren’t masses of people getting off at each stop.

The other thing to consider is that the buss makes one stop at each resort, whereas say at CBR there are many stops. I actually think it takes about the same amount of time to hit the all stops at CBR or CSR as it does to hit the EPCOT resorts, well close at least.

I definitely would not allow the bus situation to scare me off from a stay there.

Of course I do have to add the caveot that we almost always go during the slow seasons.

-Harry

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1130490]They are inter-joined buildings with similar decor, I think the Beach Club is a little more laid back whereas the Yacht Club has more of a business feel to it. ( could be cause I stayed at them for conferences ).

The Y&BC are my favorite resort next to the Poly. I would love to get back there again. I hope you will get the chance to enjoy Stormalong Bay, BEST POOL EVER. Not that I am partial mind you.

And of course a short walk to the other side if the lagoon is the Boradwalk with all it has to offer. And right next door is the Swan and Dolphin in case you need some non-Disney food choices.

Oh and I almost forgot, it is a short walk to the back entrance to EPCOT. We loved to go over there in the evening for the fireworks, it was a couple of years before we even saw the fireworks at MK, lol.

-Harry[/QUOTE]

All I can say is, “DITTO”!!! My thoughts exactly.
We love BC! Best pool ever, and we love to walk to Epcot, especially in the evenings. You can also watch the Epcot Fireworks everynight from your beach. It’s a beautiful resort, you’ll love every moment there.
Have a great time!

Oh, and don’t forget to eat at the Beaches and Cream Soda Shop. It is a must-do for us every year - even when we stay at a different resort!

Hey, seriously about the buses… it’s just as maddening at SSR with all those zillion stops, and that is only one resort!

I guess it’s just a mindset thing - it’s sort of - “well, at least it’s just one resort”, compared to why do we have to go to the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin - it’s probably about the same amout of time - but just seems like more - either way - it is too much. On the other side of the coin, we don’t use the buses much as we always have a car…parking at Beach Club means having to have a valet get your car everytime you want to leave the resort – and a valet means a tip everytime and that means having to listen to DH gripe about it everytime. At least at SSR your car is right outside your door. No, for the price you pay at BC, YC, BW, they should have a better system. At least cut out Swan/Dolphin.

P.S. On a side note, just got off the phone with YC/BC’s Ship Shape salon, where I was trying to make an appointment for a shampoo and blowdry for date night. It’s $55 with a mandatory 20 percent gratuity for a total of $66. And if you have to cancel less than four hours before your appointment, they keep the money.

That’s a never-gonna-happen blowdry.