Yacht/Beach Club Question

We’re planning a trip for October and are trying to figure out where to stay. It was between the Yacht Club(for Stormalong Bay) and the Poly, but the Yacht Club is all booked up. However the Beach Club isn’t. Do they both use Stormalong Bay or does the Beach Club have their own pool?

Yes, I believe so. We just booked for October going for the first time and we are really excited.

Beach Club uses Stormalong, Boardwalk does not. Gets confusing sometimes keeping the names apart.

The two resorts are touching each other and they share all the recreation. They are each their own resort with their own check in, they have separate bus stops, share a boat dock and main pool.

We love Beach Club, it’s a great resort.

Thank you!! Beach Club does come out as cheaper overall, and it’s a quick boat ride over to the bakery under the Boardwalk that serves those fab cheesecake brownies, so our decision to stay there was kind of hinging on the pool.

I’ve found it was easier to walk from BC than wait on the boat to get to the bakery. Now YC might be another thing all together depending where your room is and you do not have to wait for the boat.

We priced it out and it came out cheaper than the POly. So, we choose BC.

Yeah, for the 3 nights we are looking to stay, BC is $71 cheaper than the Poly. While I so want to stay at the Poly, YC/BC are #2 on my list, and we’ll save the Poly for next year.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

Beach Club Resort is awesome:smile: we stayed there on our last trip.
we haven’t tired the yacht club but we liked having a quiet pool which i don’t think the yacht club has, i can’t remember.

[QUOTE=littlehawley;1047055]Beach Club Resort is awesome:smile: we stayed there on our last trip.
we haven’t tired the yacht club but we liked having a quiet pool which i don’t think the yacht club has, i can’t remember.[/QUOTE]

There is a quiet pool at the Yacht Club, it’s near the tennis courts.

The Beach Club is great!!! They also have a great character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Minnie, Chip, Dale and Goofy stop by the tables.

Yacht and Beach are effectively the same hotel, or maybe one hotel under two roofs, or is that two hotels under one roof?
Point is, all facilities of the Yacht are shared with the Beach and all of the Beach is shared with the Yacht (except bus stations). The rooms and decor aren’t even that different. The architecture sure isn’t:laugh:
So, after all that, yes, Stormalong Bay is a shared feature of both hotels and is there for guests of Yacht, Beach, and Beach DVC. If rooms are available at the Beach, but not the Yacht, go ahead and make your reservation for the Beach.

Yes, we’ve done the character breakfast at the Beach Club, that’s the one time we’ve been there. We’re making ressies tomorrow when the paycheck comes. Can’t wait!

>>However the Beach Club isn’t. Do they both use Stormalong Bay or does the Beach Club have their own pool?<<

I’ve found that at times the Yacht Club is tougher to get into because it seems, to me at least, to be more of a convention resort.
Both resorts use Storm-A-Long Bay.
Both resorts have their own quiet pools, each located at the “edge” of the resorts. Beach Club’s is at the rise in the hill leading over to Epcot and the bridge to the Boardwalk.
Enjoy.
Beach Club was our favorite when our kids were little.
Frank